MD Awards 2012 - "24h" Discussion

Grido

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1355226688' post='128009']
Wow, the two people who are asking for help aren't available themselves?
[/quote]

Rilly? Where have you read that I will not be available? READ my posts first and then talk. Or is that too much I ask you for? Will that hurt your little brain? Then I apologies in advance.

I read this many times, and this led me to suggesting what I suggested. If you still can't figure out why, your problem.
[/quote]
Read it again. You came to this conclusion after Chewett's post. You're not capable of reaching such conclusion yourself.

I never even offered to volunteer, yet you consider me? I don't blame you :P

This shows who's really the smart one.
[/quote]

[quote]
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=128001"][img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url]dst, on 11 December 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

You want to organize this?

I thought you were the one who pointed out to me that organisers can't be nominated. Sue me for being nominated for 3 of the awards.
[/quote]

qed

Please all of you stop arguing, for this year we are the organisers, so we will have to do, there will be a feedback thread after this year's awards are over where such points can be raised. There is absolutely no point in arguing about it now because nothing can really be done about it. So stop it. Please.

As Light has pointed out, he will be able to make it, as I have pointed out, the time of the ceremony is more than welcome to be at a time when I cannot make it, I would just prefer to be there, I quite enjoy running the moment. I believe the same applies for dst.
So, Chewett, what we're trying to do is precisely what you have said - finding a time that suits the community and then sorting out the rest from there.

So far we have suggestions of;
Sat - 2100 / Sun - 2000 (dst)
Sat - 1800 / Sun (MRAlyon)
Sun - 1800 (Nim)
Sat - 1800/2000 (Dark Demon)
Sun (Valldore)

From the above it looks like the best times are 1800 on Sat, or 1800/2000 on Sun. Are there any other times people would prefer? If you like one of these times more than the other, please also comment.

I'll be offline sadly, all the times suggested, out of state with family again for the solstice, but agree that most folks seem to be awake on "weekends". Whenever it happens, I'll cheer you all on and celebrate in thought! :D

i will not be able to come online from Sunday morning (23.12) till 1. or 2.01...so I miss all celebrations, quests etc. :( It would be just great if i could at least witness MD Awards...any chance for Saturday evening?

[quote name='Eara Meraia' timestamp='1355310414' post='128060']
i will not be able to come online from Sunday morning (23.12) till 1. or 2.01...so I miss all celebrations, quests etc. :( It would be just great if i could at least witness MD Awards...any chance for Saturday evening?
[/quote]

See? Sat 18:00 is the way to go :D

In past years, those who win have had others accept rewards for them, with a prepared thank you speech or something, if they could not attend (I think...). Seeing as it's a celebration of players, I would agree with Max that the more players that can attend, the better, because huge gatherings are always the most fun. Personally, I probably won't be able to attend no matter when it is, but I'd just like a decision to be made because I can be somewhat flexible with my schedule, so I might be able to pop in for a bit. Don't worry Ackshan, you're important too.

The important people, as in those I would like to see as many attend as possible, are those that are commenting on this thread when they would like it to be as they care enough to comment in the first place.

Yes, I would like lots of people to attend, but primarily I would like those that care to be there.

Sat 1800 - MRAlyon, Dark Demon, BFH, Chewett, Eara Meraia
Sat 2000 - Dark Demon
Sat 2100 - dst
= 6 unique people
= 1 if you remove those that can do either day

Sun 1700 - Dark Demon, BFH
Sun 1800 - Nimrodel, Valldore, Chewett
Sun 2000 - dst, MRAlyon
= 7 unique people
= 2 if you remove those that can do either day

So with that, it would seem more would prefer on the Sunday than the Saturday.

As for the time, the median seems to be with 1800.

So the awards ceremony, if there are no large objections, will be held at 1800 Server Time on Sunday 23rd December 2012. It will be held at Sage's Keep Interior in Marind's Bell.

The time/date can still be changed if absolutely necessary, or if a large people announce they will not be able to make the above.

Eara, like I previously said a chat log will be taken of the event, so you can see what went on at a later date, I realise it's not quite the same thing, but it's something I hope. Do you have no access to internet at all over the period?

Edited by Grido