In the Eye of the Beholder

Nimrodel

Hello! This is my second quest! and is quite different from the first one.

MD has four mainlands and other minor lands. Each of these lands have alliances and guilds, each having their respective symbols. Your task is to write about your perception of each symbol with reference to its constituting elements, colors, shape, size ratios or any other feature that you find striking and worth mentioning.

For convenience sake:

1. Marind's Bell:
a) Knights of the Bell
b) Seekers of Enlightment
c) The Water Dowsers

2. Loreroot:
a) Guardians of the root
b) The Crafters' Guild
c) Woodcutters' Guild
d) Children of the Eclipse (special)*
e) Savelite's Church (special)*

3. Golemus Golemicarum:
a) Guerrilla Golemicarum
b) MR's Fraternity
c) Kelle'tha Order
d) Fusioneers
e) Lair Keepers (special)*

4. Necrovion:
a) Tainted Warriors
b) Necrovion Sentinels (special)*

5. The Tribunal:
a) The Caretakers
b) Seal of Six
c) Soldiers of the Inner Sun
d) Treasure Keepers

6. MagicDuel Archive Lands
a) The Archivists
b) Dimensional Shifters
c) Legend Speakers (special)*

7) Underground
a) Shattered Illusions

* [b][i][size=2]The ones mentioned as special are devoid of members at the moment. But each of them has had a significant role in the realm's history. [/size][/i][/b]

[size=2][size=4]The entries are to be sent to me by [u][b]FORUM PM ONLY.[/b][/u] They will be submitted to anonymous judges for scoring. Kindly do not reveal your names and entries to others until the results are announced. [u][b][color=#ff0000]Any attempt to cheat will result in immediate disqualification.[/color][/b][/u][/size][/size]

[color=#008000][u][b][size=2][size=4]REWARD BUNDLE:[/size][/size][/b][/u][/color]

[b]First Place:[/b] [1 wishpoint +1 morph** + 1 pickle + Udgard's offer** + choice of spell stone** +Rusty**] OR [choice between a wishpoint and a 1 Melodic charm]***

[b]Second place[/b]: [1 wishpoint** + 1 morph** + 1 pickle + choice of spell stone** + Soulweaver**] OR [1 wishpoint or 1 Melodic Charm depending on what the first place winner chooses]***

[b]Third place: [/b]1 morph** + 1 pickle + choice of spell stone** + Soulweaver**

[b]Fourth Place:[/b] 1 aged angien with claw1** + 1 gold coin** + 1 attack lock stone**

[b]Fifth place:[/b] 1 sharptear with purpur fog** + 5 silver coins** + 1 move lock stone**

[b]Special award** for the most unique submission ([/b]Surprise the judges. You can submit audios, videos, photo shopped stuff, anything you feel might get you the special prize! Remember though. It should be relevant!): 1 wishpoint** + 1 special ID creature from King Manu's account** + 1 morph** + spell stone**

[size=2][i][b]** The ones marked with a double star will be awarded only if the number of participants is greater than 10.[/b][/i][/size]
[size=2][b][i]*** the ones marked with a triple star will be awarded only if the number of participants are 10 or less.[/i][/b][/size]

[s][size=2][size=4][color=#000000]The deadline for submitting your entries is [/color][u][color=#ff0000][b]4th march 2013[/b][/color][/u][color=#000000]. You have about 5 weeks.[/color][/size][/size][/s][size=2][size=4][color=#000000] Deadline now changed to [/color][u][b][color=#ff0000]12th March 2013 0000 ST[/color][/b][/u][color=#000000].[/color][/size][/size]

[size=2][size=4][color=#000000]Noteworthy advice:[/color][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=4][color=#000000]Try to make your entries crisp, relevant and concise. It'll be easier for the Judges. This is not a story contest.[/color][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=4][color=#000000]Stress on variety, association and MD themes. It is an MD based quest after all.[/color][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=4][color=#000000]For any help regarding the Symbols: [url="http://magicduel.wikia.com/wiki/List_Of_Alliances"] List of Alliances[/url][/color][/size][/size]

[color=#ff8c00][i][b][font=georgia,serif][size=2][size=4]Consider it a learning experience. Nothing in MD is meaningless.[/size][/size][/font][/b][/i][/color]

[i][b][font=georgia,serif][size=2][size=4][color=#ff3399]Edit 1: [/color][/size][/size][/font][/b][/i][font=georgia,serif][size=2][size=4][color=#000000]Phantom Orchid has offered to sponsor the quest with a wishpoint. If there are enough number of submissions, the person winning the second place will receive a wishpoint as well![/color][/size][/size][/font]

[i][b][color=#ff3399][font=georgia,serif][size=2][size=4]Edit 2: [/size][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i][font=georgia,serif][size=2][size=4][color=#000000]Mur has offered to sponsor the following rewards[b] [u]if there are at least 10 participants[/u][/b]:[/color][/size][/size][/font]

- a very low id creature from King Manu account (nothing special about the creature itself, but for some thats highly collectible). Id will have just 3 digits and about 2000 days age
- 1 wishpoint
- 4 morphs

Fang Archbane has offered to sponsor 3 pickles

Udgard has offered to sponsor by offering to convert the wishpoint won by 1st place to an item - something along the lines of a tablet/plaque containing drawings of symbols from the above mentioned alliances of Magicduel - [u][b]if there are 10 participants or more[/b][/u].

[i][b][color=#ff33cc]Edit 3: [/color][/b][/i][color=#000000]I am adding Four spell stones: earfocus, acousticremains, sendtogazebo and teleport to paper cabin. The first place winner will get to choose the stone of their choice, followed by the second place, then the third and the last stone will be given to the winner of the special prize. [u][b]Subject to more than 10 participants[/b][/u]. [/color]

[i][b][color=#ff3399]Edit 4:[/color][/b][/i][b][color=#ff3399] [/color][/b]Treasure keepers have offered to sponsor one rustgold and 2 soulweavers! YAY!!! But the prizes will be given out only if there are [u][b]more than ten participants[/b][/u]!

[color=#ff3399][i][b]Edit 5: [/b][/i][/color][color=#000000]Adding a fourth and fifth prize too! Mercurial Spectre has offered to sponsor an aged angien with a claw 1 and a sharptear with purpur fog. I am adding a gold coin and an attack lock stone to the fourth place and 5 silver and a move lock to the fifth place, the prerequisite being [/color][u][b]more than ten participants[i].[/i][/b][/u] Also, I changed the wishpoint reward to the special reward category from third place. Have fun getting creative!!

[color=#ff0099][b][i]Edit 6: [/i][/b][/color][color=#000000]Burns has agreed to sponsor the quest with 1 Melodic charm, if there are [u][b]less than ten participants[/b][/u][/color] and Murs requirements are not met. Yay for the new drachorn master!

[color=#ff0099][i][b]Edit 7:[/b][/i][/color] Changed the deadline. Quest extended for another week! Yay! :D

Edited by Nimrodel

• Root Admin

IF there will be at least 10 participants to this, i will sponsor this quest with the following

- a very low id creature from King Manu account (nothing special about the creature itself, but for some thats highly collectable). Id will have just 3 digits and about 2000days age :D
- 1 wishpoint
- 4 morphs

to be divided as the organizer decides, either for top places or given for side rewards like for example, "the most unusual but fitting associations"

Whoah whoah whoah D:!

I say "if there are 'x' amount of participants in this quest I'll give 'this'" a couple times when I was TK head, and I get shunned o.o

But Mur does it and it's the new hip thing to do? >>;

Gah. The freedoms a Mur has :3

Now... To make this post on topic <<

I sponsor 3 spicy pickles for this quest, to be distributed as Nimehz sees fit ^//^

"if" stuff have always been allowed for any sponsor, except TK. They're the exception, not the norm because they are special, if I understand correctly.

On topic:
I will offer to convert the wishpoint won by 1st place to an item - something along the lines of "a tablet/plaque containing drawings of symbols from xx(number-too azy to count atm :P) alliances of magicduel" - if there are 10 participants or more.

• 2 weeks later...

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The link contains two extra guilds, namely the Advertisers and the Artisans Guild. You have not listed them, but since you said we have to do all, I wanted to confirm, do we have to do these two?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Edit: sorry, I accidentally mentioned Legend Speakers here[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

There is only 1 advertiser now. And the symbol previously used by advertisers is used by the Lair keepers. The Artisan's guild is kinda obselete now. Writing bout it wont get you extra points. You may include it in your submission if you want to though.

No Eara. All awards will be given to different players. Unless the judges unanimously decide otherwise.

Edited by Nimrodel

Since there are so many rewards in here that only come out if there are 10 or more participants, i'll sponsor this with 1 Melodic Charm ONLY IF the requirements for Mur's rewards aren't met.

(Also, this was planned since the quest started, but i needed to wait for the Wookie to hit the magic buttons... Can't sponsor stuff i don't control, can i? :)))