Shared tools

Kaya

As [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13859-true-false-4-did-the-availability-of-gathering-tools-bothered-you/"]most people[/url] seem to be bothered by the way tools are currently diveded between the lands let's discuss how we will be able to balance them evenly. To get things started an overview of what tools each land has.

All mainlands have land cleansers and pass papers in their capitals.

MB
Capital
Buckets (MB only)
Rainwater collectors (MB only)
Mineral Water collectors (MB only)
Dice (All)

Herb baskets (8+ gardening, superior to free ones)

PoW
Needles (All 200+ AD)
Essence extractors (All)
Poison inoculators (All)

LR
Capital
Lumber Saws (LR only)
Branch axes (LR only)
Bark knifes (LR Only, can be used by others)
Resin collectors (LR only, can be used by others)
Herb baskets (All)
Acoustic obfuscator (All)

GG
Capital
Heat Jars (All)

Lab (Not sure who can get them, but only those who can enter the lab)
Memory stone collectors
Reality coagulators Fenth collectors
Brass gears

NC
Capital
Unbreakable Trowel Skull collector (NC only?)
Bone shovel (NC only?)
Sand Melters To create Glass (NC only?)

MDA
Public bathroom
Water bucket (All, but only 3)
Sculpting paddle To make sand castles (All)
Sand castle instructions manual (All)

TB
Tea market
Teapot (All)
Tea recipe (All)

Kitchen
Teacups (All)
Candy box (All)
Cake Tin (All)
Cake recipe (All)

Pub
Several free drinks for all

I might have forgotten some, I'll add any mentioned later.

Right now Loreroot seems to have the most private tools, however if you look at the most usefull tools that would probably be the Reality coagulator and memory stone detector from GG.

One way to balance things a little would be putting an end to all the monopolies. The archives could use a stone detector, MB a few heat jars, GG a water bucket, etc.

Furthermore there I think it would be nice to have a cauldron + simple recipe easily available to introduce people to the uses of resources.

Feel free to discuss.

Edit (12 Feb 2014): Added MB Herb baskets

Edited by samon

We also have some brass gears (or something). Not that I think they serve any purpose currently.

I believe the monopolies were intentionally put in place so that lands would have to interact with each other, whether it's working as intended is debatable. An alternative solution to ending the monopolies would be to evenly split them, so that each land has a very useful tool that is private and the other lands are likely to want.

Hi Samon,

You seem to disregard LotE / TB 's items as there are no tools just for this land even if it is 3 times greater then any of the "main" lands.
Also, there is UG that has absolutely no tool what so ever.

Whatever the repartition of the tools will be, whether the land loyalty will be change or just item location dispatch, there is always my proposal: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13674-private-gathering-tools-their-trader/"]Private Gathering Tools[/url] that will allow the creation of new tools to only where is a need and will.

Best regards,
No one

Edited by No one

If we truly wanted to make everything "as even as possible" we could put "x" amount of each known tool in each Capitol.

That would effectively even all lands out and stop monopolies.

But ask yourself if that's a good idea. It's definitely a possibility, but would it be a good idea ( ._.)

/JustThrowingTheObviousOutThere

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1363430799' post='134079']
If we truly wanted to make everything "as even as possible" we could put "x" amount of each known tool in each Capitol.

That would effectively even all lands out and stop monopolies.

But ask yourself if that's a good idea. It's definitely a possibility, but would it be a good idea ( ._.)

/JustThrowingTheObviousOutThere
[/quote]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I was rather thinking of a way to encourage and promote resource trading between lands, increase interaction and bring land diplomacy into play a bit too. Perhaps by introducing new items to be made via resources? (bringing back [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13689-item-explosion/"]this[/url] proposal here) Your solution would prevent that :P[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Shared tools are fine. Not unbalanced cause each land has a different resource which only that land's citizens can us, other than Loreroot. If Underground wants tools, please state which ones.[/color][/font]

Lumber Saws (LR only)
Branch axes (LR only)
Bark knifes (LR Only)
Resin collectors (LR only)

um... that's pretty specific on only Loreroot can use them DD. (unless you mean the usable resources themselves, tea requires branches)

Like I said in No one's topics though, I don't think the gathering tools themselves should be balanced but make uses for all the useless resources (Ex. lumber).

Edited by Mallos

[quote name='Mallos' timestamp='1363435209' post='134084']
Lumber Saws (LR only)
Branch axes (LR only)
Bark knifes (LR Only)
Resin collectors (LR only)

um... that's pretty specific on only Loreroot can use them DD. (unless you mean the usable resources themselves, tea requires branches)
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]No, what I meant was that Loreroot has more private tools, [i]of different variety[/i], than other lands.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

The tools don't seem to actually be all that unbalanced, except for some tools being more useful than others. Just making all these tools useful would already bring us a long way to balancing them.

The idea of lowering monopolies came mostly from the fact that there are also buckets available to the public and it would seem fair for the other lands to have to share something of their own as well. I don't think these monopolies should be ended completely.

About the tribunal, we do have a Lab supply room which still needs to be filled, and increasing the access cost to that room would make a nice alternative to making tools that are completely East only.

I also wonder, when giving tools to non mainlands should long term 'No Homeland' citizens also get something?

P.s. Does anyone know if the bathroom in the archives is still normally accessible?

Edit: Also, does anyone know some more about the glassware in the archives?

Edited by samon

• Root Admin

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1364037070' post='134331']
P.s. Does anyone know if the bathroom in the archives is still normally accessible?
[/quote]

should be, its under large amounts of AP though.

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1364037070' post='134331']
Edit: Also, does anyone know some more about the glassware in the archives?
[/quote]

Mwuhahahaha the plans move on