Build your own Drachorn

• 3 years later...

Seig, your 3 looks like a 7, so you may need a ruling on time travel powers.

But the DRAGON IS REALLY REALLY COOL!

You might wish to check this out if you haven't:

https://boingboing.net/2020/04/17/download-and-use-these-3d-prin.html?fbclid=IwAR1rve-iMff_iyUvUUKLfsX5_JiuuvJaQeZlpAF7wNWfGgv4PIVaG_CHge8

30 minutes ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

Seig, your 3 looks like a 7, so you may need a ruling on time travel powers.

But the DRAGON IS REALLY REALLY COOL!

You might wish to check this out if you haven't:

https://boingboing.net/2020/04/17/download-and-use-these-3d-prin.html?fbclid=IwAR1rve-iMff_iyUvUUKLfsX5_JiuuvJaQeZlpAF7wNWfGgv4PIVaG_CHge8

My hand writing is atrocious. I hope that helps. :P And yes, Miguel is famous in the 3d printing world. He's actually one of the reasons I got into it in the first place! I wanted to 3d print my own campaign, which I did. :P

• Root Admin

While i appreciate anyone doing this quest, and i also know its not an easy task to make a 3d printer work (took me a while first time), i don't think that just printing a dragon you found somewhere, means that you built it. 

If you come up with your own design, regardless how horrible it comes out, and you print that, or at least considerably modify an existing model and personalize it, then print it properly, then i can consider this a valid entry, otherwise, not.

18 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

While i appreciate anyone doing this quest, and i also know its not an easy task to make a 3d printer work (took me a while first time), i don't think that just printing a dragon you found somewhere, means that you built it. 

If you come up with your own design, regardless how horrible it comes out, and you print that, or at least considerably modify an existing model and personalize it, then print it properly, then i can consider this a valid entry, otherwise, not.

Fair enough. I figured it was a medium that wasn't done before. Will submit another in a few days then.

• 3 weeks later...

277887186_4939910439427340_8079586008902586779_n.thumb.jpg.c4fec66c2c0b50ce864d879f60912a80.jpg

On 3/21/2022 at 4:19 PM, Muratus del Mur said:

looking forward to see an original 3d printed drach, its always useful to learn new stuff :)

Wasn't really much learning, just a matter of finding the time! Will probably end up doing all the critters at some point.

MD's first 3D Printed Drachorn

For the reward, I'd like a GG Drach

Edited by Seigheart

• Root Admin

I must say the print in this picture is nothing compared to the details on the 3d model, really really well done. 

We made a deal me and Seigheart, he gets to print and sell the models of the md world he creates (i understand there are more to come), and MD gets to use these models in any way we need. I am thinking how many people in this community have access to a 3d printer, or at least how many would be motivated by a quest that involves learning 3d editing and/or printing.

Over the years many people learned stuff due to MD that helped them later in life, why not 3d skills. ..I have to think about this well, my response will be proportional to Seigh's involvement, its up to him if this remains just with this awesome drach model, or expands into something else. I will be open to future collaboration. 

If someone can bring a skill he has in RL and use it in MD, i will always support it. This quest was about getting you to DO something, and make you understand that this rare creature can be obtained if YOU create it, with your own efforts, and in your own way, because in life, only your own way is important and you must learn that the things you do and put passion into, have power and create your reality. I am seriously thinking of extending this "build yourself" quest to a majority of things in md, but i will think about it some more. Opinions about this from all of you are welcome, send me PM, lets not flood this topic.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Please be so kind and post whatever images you have about your creation here on the forum, not on external links that expire, (or one storenow, that wont expire easily), because i will review this topic once in a while and grant awards when i will check it. Can be hours after you post or years, but when i check , i review all from the past too. Nothing gets ignored eventually.

4 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Please be so kind and post whatever images you have about your creation here on the forum, not on external links that expire, (or one storenow, that wont expire easily), because i will review this topic once in a while and grant awards when i will check it. Can be hours after you post or years, but when i check , i review all from the past too. Nothing gets ignored eventually.

🙃 links gone now since isn't allowed I guess. Did not see that in the rules 

Didn't think I'd have to wait possible years. 

I suppose I'll figure something out since I'm sure I can't flood the topic. My phone can only get the image down to 2.9mb before the image is useless. 

I'll figure something out I guess if I resubmit it. 

Thanks for the time to let me know 

Edited by Blackshade Rider