MD Titles - Updated list with suggested hierarchy

Ivorak

• Root Admin

"confirming authority"

is someone else that has the authority to give tags/titles that officially agrees to that title and treats it as given by himself. The confirming authority takes full responsability same as the granting authority. It means that two two authorities fully agree to give that title. This has 'political' implications of course, for example if a king asks an other king to support his titles (assuming i am not willing as confirming auth), i means those two lands cooperate closely and in case of a conflict between those two lands, the titles given by both authorities offer a certain advantage or disadvantage to the image of the person awarded. It has various implications to the social dynamics of course, and the way you will treat those its up to you.

I am willing to act as confirming authority, or granting, for a lot of roles _NOW_, but as soon as the current roles are integrated in this new system, i will become very rare to sight in such docs.

Each granting or confirming of a role adds to the 'portfolio' of activities of that authority. Over time, keeping your scope clear and keeping a certain style matters. Awarding or supporting stupid roles should be avoided. Your authority will grow marked by the roles you will deal with...more exactly by how the people you award will behave in those roles or how they will use the received titles. You need to learn to estimate the potential in the people you deal with.

ps.: i can't read everything here right now, please let me know when the list is ready from your end and when i should make final check on it, thank you.

I will answer just to some that i noticed:

mya frelance tag is given by mya , i am just supporting it..but it can be the other way arround if the inolved people want it so

judge tag is a shared tag but beeing an important one, it is worthy of a title doc (please shout if you think this is not ok)

titles that start with "Former.." or "Ex.."..are ofc not titles but memories of a title, in this case the title should be retroactively given for the original title...or at least i think so. Its kind of weird to receive a "title" for something you where...and its equally strange to receive a fresh title for something you are no longer.....so..what to do?

PLEASE DO NOT AWARD NEW TITLES IN THIS PERIOD TILL I AM DONE SENDING THESE TITLES. I WILL CANCEL ALL TITLES GIVEN IN THIS PERIOD AND SANCTION ANYONE THAT DISREGARDS THIS NOTICE, BOTH GRANTING AND RECEIVING.

I am a little bit confused Mur. From what you said on the titles and structuring of roles, I tend to agree with Chewett and some of the things he pointed out. If this is supposed to be a reflection of the structure in MD, and the focus of those roles, granting and approving authorities need to be very clear. Also, from what Chewett said, what do each of these mean? Someone with the power to directly grant this role? Or someone just involved in it as well?

Second, I understand the desire to freeze granting titles and such during this period, and I admit my bias a little, as an election is currently being held with me going up for such a position, but there is no set end date on this, and a lot of confusion. For many like me, such roles are a big part of finding our place in the game. With no set end date with this, and important roles for our land getting filled, is there going to be a set end date to this freeze? I know our situation is a bit different, with one of our leaders having left recently, but I was confused and wanted to understand this more clearly. 

• Root Admin

the purpose of this freeze is that  i want to avoid new roles beeing pushed forward to catch a place on the list , or things like that. Something else very very important, from now on tags will be given according to this new format. Also people able to give roles will have a number of docs they can dispatch plus clear instructions about the significance of titles... Its best if roles are not granted till all this is very clear.

I don't have a set time for this..i am thinking till the first docs are being sent out maybe. If new roles won't be pushed forward and people understand everything roles stand for, i have nothing against resuming the awarding of new tags. I will announce it when i think its the time. (lets say probably two weeks)

regarding "confirming authorities":

what defines an authority? find an answer to that and you have your answer...if a character has a high reputation through his role, he represents an authority. Its very true this is ambiguous and i am hoping to find a general rule for how to define an authority, but for now with the existing titles it is more intuitive.

Lets try to tell you how i see things now:

an authority that could confirm a title should be a character with a role that has enough importance to influence the awarded title. For example I can confirm any title, a king can obviously confirm any title given to citizens of his land, but also to characters from other lands (why? idk why, makes sense to me).

A character with a title can confirm titles given to other characters that are similar in activity or branch (makes sense what i mean?).

A character without a title can't confirm any other title.

A character with a title totally unrelated to the awarded title type, can;t confirm it.

i could try to define more of this, but lets go slow ..anything i say might be interpreted later :) If anyone doesn't see what i mean by the above, please tell, or if you see what i mean, please help me put it in better words.

I don't want you to try "follow the rules", i wan't you help me define decent rules for something that should make sense, probably makes sense now, but can be abused if limited to rules. Auhtority is something gained and publicly acknowledged..not something defined strictly by rules.

For example kings, ally/guild leaders, chewett, these are characters that obviously have an authority and a word to say about titles...now this is "obvious" but is not obvious due to any written rules, you know what i am trying to say? If so, lets see who else can be a confirming authority and help me put it in words.

It looks like you are just making BFH a GM, so I congratulate him on his new position.

I think confusion came as Mur added me on a list of people that could nominate candidates for titles. I never nominated anyone and I wont nominate anyone as I'm lacking of time.

PS. People, the fact that Mur added me to the list doesn't mean I have any power in MD. It only means Mur trust me. Don't make assumptions. I'm not council, not a gm, and neither hold ony official positions.

• Root Admin

chew was just trying to ridiculize my plan with these titles.. no..i didn't make anyone gm, and instead of making assumptions you could try to help out organize this thing.

That list needs several corrections and it was said so. We are trying to adjust it and it will suffer lots of changes till its right. No need to make any assumptions or get angry over anything its there, ..better write about it and we shall see what changes are needed.

Bfh, yes you COULD confirm titles (like many others), if you wanted to, but if you don't want to, you don't, obviously.

Anyone with a decent role , a role that somehow influences more people, could be considered an authority...now its just a matter of defining scope in order to know who can and who can't confirm one or the other title.

the purpose of this freeze is that  i want to avoid new roles beeing pushed forward to catch a place on the list , or things like that. Something else very very important, from now on tags will be given according to this new format. Also people able to give roles will have a number of docs they can dispatch plus clear instructions about the significance of titles... Its best if roles are not granted till all this is very clear.

I don't have a set time for this..i am thinking till the first docs are being sent out maybe. If new roles won't be pushed forward and people understand everything roles stand for, i have nothing against resuming the awarding of new tags. I will announce it when i think its the time. (lets say probably two weeks)...

I understand completely. To bring the specific matter up: We are getting a new consul to replace Sunfire. I cannot speak for the other candidates, but I am fine with waiting for a while on the title, as the title itself is not the reason I am running for the role. As long as others understand that whoever takes the position is in that position, even while the tag giving freeze is in place. This is just so our government can operate as designed, mainly that Mya doesn't get bogged down with a job that we have designed to handle between two people. 

As for the other points you brought up, I want to think through it a bit more thoroughly, then I will comment on it, to try and help. Thanks for the reply, Mur. 

{
                        "title": "Former Leader of the MR's",
                        "recipient": "MRD",
                        "authorities": {
                                "granting authority": "MRAlyon",
                                "confirming authority": "Muratus del Mur"
                        }

This makes more sense to me. The current leader grants the former leader. Same should be applied to all other "former" titles if possible.

Also, Junior could confirm BFH for Advertisers, if he's still around.

{
                        "title": "Master Advertiser",
                        "recipient": "BFH",
                                "granting authority": "Muratus del Mur",
                                "confirming authority": "Junior"
                        }

Ann. 776 - [2009-03-31 13:53:11 - Alpha 8] Posted By Muratus del Mur
.Junior. - assigned leadership of a new guild - The Advertisers (possible name change pending. 4 seats free. Tag and description changed to match his role. This guild will handle part of the advertising on top sites, forums, other sites as well as special communications inside the realm (espionage and speical deliveries). Inner structure of the guild will be defined and presented by .Junior.

• Root Admin

I think confusion came as Mur added me on a list of people that could nominate candidates for titles. I never nominated anyone and I wont nominate anyone as I'm lacking of time.

PS. People, the fact that Mur added me to the list doesn't mean I have any power in MD. It only means Mur trust me. Don't make assumptions. I'm not council, not a gm, and neither hold ony official positions.

It was actually because you were put to confirm for everything. Not Murs doing I believe.

chew was just trying to ridiculize my plan with these titles.. no..i didn't make anyone gm, and instead of making assumptions you could try to help out organize this thing.
That list needs several corrections and it was said so. We are trying to adjust it and it will suffer lots of changes till its right. No need to make any assumptions or get angry over anything its there, ..better write about it and we shall see what changes are needed.

Bitchy, I guess you missed the numerous posts where im suggesting changes... because you picked apart my posts, read one line you didnt like and complained.

I understand completely. To bring the specific matter up: We are getting a new consul to replace Sunfire. I cannot speak for the other candidates, but I am fine with waiting for a while on the title, as the title itself is not the reason I am running for the role. As long as others understand that whoever takes the position is in that position, even while the tag giving freeze is in place. This is just so our government can operate as designed, mainly that Mya doesn't get bogged down with a job that we have designed to handle between two people. 

As for the other points you brought up, I want to think through it a bit more thoroughly, then I will comment on it, to try and help. Thanks for the reply, Mur.

We _should_ be giving tags during this period Mur because I personally doubt this is going to be over soon. This is a perfect example and you have issued no edict to not give out any tags during this period.

Just logged in and seen he has said so. Meh no one will get tags for months... Edited by Chewett

We _should_ be giving tags during this period Mur because I personally doubt this is going to be over soon. This is a perfect example and you have issued no edict to not give out any tags during this period.

Just logged in and seen he has said so. Meh no one will get tags for months...

That is my biggest concern. Is there a way of seeing the date on when a role was granted? Just don't print a title for that one for now, but why is progress and things that were planned before the freeze suddenly grinding to a halt?

Why not let the tag system remain as it is and only introduce the titles when every single thing is in order and implemented??

I think the reason we are going through this is to clean the tag system. Remaining the tag system as is would simply be allowing the tag system to stagnate.

Basically it seems like things are going systematically in a semi logical order:

1) Tags determined as holding special importance are Identified.

2) Tags that could qualify as titles are identified.

3) Tags granting authority is determined. 

4) Tags are reviewed and edited

The tag system is technically implemented and a plan is set out. Basically its going to messy if we aren't going to opt. for a total tear down and rebuild of the tag system.

• Root Admin

the tag awarding can resume when i will announce it that it can.

yes, this process is also a cleaning process and in the end the titles will keep tags clean. While I was the only one to give tags, i could keep them valuable and very hard to get...i could say i was able to keep them "true". My intention is to boost the tag system a lot more and increase the sources that can give tags, but this also means that tags will be increasingly "dirty" over the time, and less powerful. A tag should have enormous power, trigger respect from others and define your authority. If tags will be given out too easy or with less care, the authority they give will be a lot less or even inexistant. I believe that by giving actual papers to support each tag (the titles), they will be given with much more care and thought several times before granted. Think that a paper title is uneditable and lasts forever, while current tags can be added, changed and removed..this lowers their power so to speak.

(I am sorry if i am using strange words, but i am tired and i used whatever words fit to tell my ideea, i am sure you understand what i mean now)

more:

What Pip sais makes perfect sense   

{
                        }

{

}

This is a very good point. Roles that continue an already existing role should have as confirming authority the previous holder of that tag. Lets do all of them like that and try to contact the people that need to confirm it. It would be nice to have all similar situations done like that (like kings for example)

Ivorak, when you have it, make me a list of people i need to contact and regarding what, and i will be the one to contact them
Edited by Muratus del Mur

New changes

• Removed gonzalocsdf for the time being since this is a new title (gonzalocsdf doesn't already have this tag.
    {
        "title": "Freelance Artist",
        "recipient": "gonzalocsdf",
            "granting authority": "Muratus del Mur"
            "confirming authority": "Mya Celestia" // proposed the title
        }
    }
  • Fixed MRD's authorities
    {
        "title": "Protector of Golemus",
            "confirming authority": "Grido" // old title, but still under authority of the king
        }
    },
    {
            "granting authority": "MRAlyon",  // current title holders will grant former title holders their for the present  
    }
    {
             "confirming authority": "Junior" // opposite current scheme of current confirming former
          }
    }
  • Added Junior as Former Master Advertiser (now Junior can confirm BFH as above)
    {
        "title": "Former Master Advertiser",
        "recipient": "Junior",
            "confirming authority": null
        }
    }
  • Added myself (Ivorak) as Secret Ary
    {
        "title": "Secret Ary",
        "recipient": "Ivorak",
         }
    }      
  • Added Innocence as Raconteur
    {
        "title": "Raconteur",
        "recipient": "Innocence",
            "granting authority": "Kyphis", // current land leader
            "confirming authority": "darkraptor" // current land leader
         }
    }

Next up

• Can someone confirm the proper spelling of Clock Master's title?
  • There are more players with tags who haven't been confirmed active. Some are on this list: https://titanpad.com/OR5EOoBWdW
  • I've seen some players from Loreroot with tags such as Loreroot Judge, but forgot to note them down.

"title": "Child of Necrovion",
                        "recipient": "Syrian",
                                "granting authority": "Azull" // suggests this tag should be removed: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15649-md-titles-updated-list-with-suggested-hierarchy/?p=153844
                                "confirming authority": "Peace"

I did NOT say this tag should be removed (I gave it to her, I would remove it if I thought that prudent) I was merely asking if a role like that (not only this particular one) should be recognized with a title document. But since it seems they will be and Syrian plays here role consistently and well, she should be on the list. 

Edited by Azull

After hearing from Rhaegar, I have:

• Fixed nadrolski's title to "Water Dowser's Leader" from "Water Dowser Leader"
  • Moved Rikstar and Clock Master to a new waiting list (to be dealt with next round) section at the end of the doc.
  • Added Emerald Arcanix
                {
                        "title": "Pilgrim of Marind Bell",
                        "recipient": "Emerald Arcanix",
                                "granting authority": "Princ Rhaegar",
                        }
                }

Also moved Innocence to the waiting list, as the title is disputed. 

See the up to date list here: https://titanpad.com/A2GfPvEanN

Kiley, redneck, and Fire Starter should receive titles to match their tags; can anyone confirm them active? Or would anyone care to dispute redneck's tag, "The mosquito"?

PLEASE DO NOT AWARD NEW TITLES IN THIS PERIOD TILL I AM DONE SENDING THESE TITLES.

Per this, my proposed title needs to be moved to the waiting list.

Also, I am unsure as to whether or not I should be left as a confirming authority on WHisper's title, because I do not have a title, although I do have a role.

Thanks, Intrigue.  Fixed.

Before I submit this round to Mur, any further suggestions? We're talking about the list at https://titanpad.com/A2GfPvEanN, which looks like this:

{
        "titles": [
                {        "title": "MDA Land Leader",
                        "recipient": "Kyphis",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Seed Keeper",
                        "recipient": "Handy Pockets",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "King of Necrovion",
                        "recipient": "Azull",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Queen of Necrovion",
                        "recipient": "Peace",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Leader of the Underground",
                        "recipient": "dst",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Bugs Researcher",
                                "confirming authority": "Chewett"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Watching You",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Judge",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "recipient": "Ailith",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "recipient": "Granos",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Seeker of the Void",
                        "recipient": "Granos",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Tainted",
                        "recipient": "Assira the Black",
                                "granting authority": "Granos",
                                "confirming authority": "Ailith"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "MDA Land Leader",
                        "recipient": "darkraptor",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Gardener of MDA Garden",
                        "recipient": "Kempiniukas",
                                "granting authority": "Kyphis",
                                "confirming authority": "Handy Pockets"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Garden Keeper",
                        "recipient": "Menhir",
                                "granting authority": "Handy Pockets",
                                "confirming authority": "Zleiphneir"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Consul of Loreroot",
                        "recipient": "Mya Celestia",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Water Dowser's Leader",
                        "recipient": "nadrolski",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "King of Marind Bell",
                        "recipient": "Princ Rhaegar",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Code Guardian",
                        "recipient": "Chewett",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Former Queen of Marind Bell",
                        "recipient": "Handy Pockets",
                                "confirming authority": "Princ Rhaegar"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Former King of Marind Bell",
                        "recipient": "Chewett",
                                "confirming authority": "Princ Rhaegar"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Avatar Manager",
                        "recipient": "Neno Veliki",
                                "granting authority": "Muratus del Mur"
                        }
                },
                {
                        }
                },
                {
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Seedwalker",
                        "recipient": "Rophs",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "King of Golemus Golemicarum",
                        "recipient": "Grido",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Head LHO",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "DracHorn Master",
                        "recipient": "Burns",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Ardent Knight",
                                "granting authority": "Shadowseeker",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "LHO Second in Command",
                                "granting authority": "Grido",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Knight of the Hunt",
                        "recipient": "Shadowseeker",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Resurrected Corpse",
                        "recipient": "Lazarus",
                                "granting authority": "Granos", // not sure about this one either
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Protector of Golemus",
                                "confirming authority": "Grido" // old title, but still under authority of the king
                        }
                },
                {
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "MR's Commander",
                        "recipient": "MRAlyon",
                                "granting authority": "Muratus del Mur",  // (MRD if active)
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Abettor",
                        "recipient": "No one",
                                "confirming authority": null // Who does he abet?
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Co Leader of the Treasure Keepers",
                        "recipient": "Pipstickz",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "MasterChief",
                        "recipient": "phantasm",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Leader of KoB",
                        "recipient": "Rikstar",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Child of Necrovion",
                        "recipient": "Syrian",
                                "granting authority": "Azull"
                                "confirming authority": "Peace"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Guardian's Echo",
                        "recipient": "WHIsper",
                                "granting authority": "Zleiphneir",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Guardian of Bob",
                        "recipient": "Zleiphneir",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Concierge",
                        "recipient": "Miq",
                                "granting authority": null,
                                "confirming authority": "phantasm"
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Former Boss Heads Master",
                        "recipient": "Eon",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Son of the Storms",
                        "recipient": "Marvolo",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Secret Ary",
                        "recipient": "Ivorak",
                        }
                },
                {
                        "title": "Pilgrim of Marind Bell",
                        "recipient": "Emerald Arcanix",
                        }
                }               
        ]
}

• Root Admin

{
"title": "Garden Keeper",
"recipient": "Menhir",
"confirming authority": "Zleiphneir"
}
},

Why Z?

{
"title": "Gardener of MDA Garden",
"recipient": "Kempiniukas",
"granting authority": "Kyphis",
}
},

Why only one MDA leader? Surely it should be both or neither to make it fair?

{
"title": "Water Dowser's Leader",
"recipient": "nadrolski",
}
},

Why handy? is this based on "the last two leaders?" In which case it should be princ and me.

{
"title": "King of Marind Bell",
"recipient": "Princ Rhaegar",
}
},

based on this, previous leader confirms, I should be confirming

{
"title": "King of Necrovion",
"recipient": "Azull",
}
},

Same as above, Should probably be peace

{
}
},

Should be confirmed by BFH as per current leader confirms previous

{
"title": "King of Golemus Golemicarum",
}
},

Confirmed by Yrth as per above

{
"title": "Leader of KoB",
"recipient": "Rikstar",
}
},

Could confirm by me as previous king

{
"title": "Concierge",
"recipient": "Miq",
"granting authority": null,
"confirming authority": "phantasm"
}
},

Mur not phantasm
----

Remember to remove the comments before giving it to mur FYI, as it wont parse the JS.

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

itles that are now named like ""Former Master Advertiser",, please leave the word "former" out. It will remain in-game but the title is retroactively awarded. Its ugly to receive a title for something that "was".

For titles like this, it should be writen in a polite way in the title text that the character had this role beween x and y dates, or that it held the position till the next one continued the role

(makes sense?)

WE NEED SKILLED TEXT WRITERS TO START FORMULATING TE TITLE TEXT, FOR ALL TITLES

i know enough english to do it, but my english is sometimes bad and i also don't have the time to write all of the...so...help?

Thnks