MD Titles - Updated list with suggested hierarchy

Ivorak

• Root Admin

yes, but the title doc would be nice to include some flavor text to surround the description. Think of it like an awarding ceremony, ...it has more 'words' than just the ones placed on the description

Also ...one very important mentioni just realized..

Titles for king roles should include the day the kingship was awarded (and if its the case, also the end date if known)

I realise this requires sme investigation and research, this is a lot of work, but its done only once, and from now on such a thing will go very smooth

i can't wait to ship the first lot, seriously, I was never so excited about anything in MD, maybe except its first birthday :) Lets make these docs very nice and special, I put a lot of soul and passion in creating them, now you should put similar in writing them properly

I think each title should be palced on a separate topic, created by one of the involved parties, or whoever, doesn't really matter, and then all discussions about that title should take place there....BUT THIS ONLY AFTER THIS IS FINAL

Both the person granting, the one confirming and most of all the one receiving the title should agree to its content

For those that will provide constant writing service for titles, I will award a dedicated title, and why not, maybe a writer medal, if they prove constant and skilled in their work. I am thinking many that will be able to award titles, including myself, will have a hard time to make them sound nice and not just copy paste the description in-game

As BFH stated he is busy and therefore won't be participating in the titles. In which case there is also no need to contact me to confirm his title nor do I wish to have a title wasted on a former tag.

Thank You, and yes Pip I am still around.

You can scratch everything related to Innocence. He didn't even want an IN GAME item. He'll never want a RL title so imo it's a waste of time, paper and money.

I've actually been discussing title docs with Innocence for some time now, they are quite happy to get a doc.

I'm generally available to help with writing tasks, as well.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

{
"title": "Garden Keeper",
"recipient": "Menhir",
"authorities": {
"granting authority": "Handy Pockets",
"confirming authority": "Zleiphneir"
}
},

Why Z?

{
"title": "Gardener of MDA Garden",
"recipient": "Kempiniukas",
"granting authority": "Kyphis",
"confirming authority": "Handy Pockets"
}
},

Why only one MDA leader? Surely it should be both or neither to make it fair?

{
"title": "Water Dowser's Leader",
"recipient": "nadrolski",
"granting authority": "Princ Rhaegar",
"confirming authority": "Handy Pockets"
}
},

Why handy? is this based on "the last two leaders?" In which case it should be princ and me.

{
"title": "King of Marind Bell",
"recipient": "Princ Rhaegar",
"granting authority": "Muratus del Mur",
"confirming authority": null
}
},

based on this, previous leader confirms, I should be confirming

{
"title": "King of Necrovion",
"recipient": "Azull",
}
},

Same as above, Should probably be peace

{
"title": "Former Master Advertiser",
"recipient": "Junior",
}
},

Should be confirmed by BFH as per current leader confirms previous

{
"title": "King of Golemus Golemicarum",
"recipient": "Grido",
}
},

Confirmed by Yrth as per above

{
"title": "Leader of KoB",
"recipient": "Rikstar",
"granting authority": "Princ Rhaegar",
}
},

Could confirm by me as previous king

{
"title": "Concierge",
"recipient": "Miq",
"granting authority": null,
"confirming authority": "phantasm"
}
},

Mur not phantasm
----

Remember to remove the comments before giving it to mur FYI, as it wont parse the JS.

Thanks Chewett.

• You're right, not Z.  Garden is not part of established housings. Changed to Mur confirming.
  • As for Kempiniukas, his role is older than either of his land leaders so it could also be granted by Mur and confirmed by one of the land leaders.  Or granted and confirmed by his land leaders to be fair. 
  • nadrolski shall be Princ Rhaegar and Chewett.
  • Azull is a current leader, is he not? Why would Peace confirm his title?
  • Mur awards Miq, no confirming

As for the others, Chewett, you seem to have previous rulers being awarded by the present rulers and present rulers awarded by their priors.  I don't think that makes sense (you have no authority to give a title until you receive a title from the person whose title you are giving) and I don't believe it was stated that it should occur that way, but I might have missed something. I thought we said current land leaders would get there titles from Mur and reward previous land leaders their titles going back.  The one case where this doesn't occur isn't a land leader position and is required because BFH does not have the time to be involved.

I've also removed "former" from the titles.  And added Innocence back to the list.

Edit: Been away a little, just noticed there are other topics I'm behind on. Apologize if I made any mistakes here before I catch up on those.

Edited by Ivorak

• Root Admin

Azull is current leader with Peace (even if she isnt active atm) if I am correct. Also previosuly she used to be queen, so that was the logic I was using.

I used the logic that, when you leave the position you hand it onto to someone else, and give them their title. Based on this example:

"title": "Master Advertiser",
                        "recipient": "BFH",
                                "confirming authority": "Junior"
                        }
                },

Where Junior confirms BFH title, effectively "handing it over"

I think this logically makes sense, if we did it chronogically, Junior would have been given his title, and then he can award BFH.

So handy would thusly have to award mine, me award Rheagar, etc.

• Root Admin

{
"title": "King of Marind Bell",
"recipient": "Princ Rhaegar",
}
},

based on this, previous leader confirms, I should be confirming

{
"title": "King of Necrovion",
"recipient": "Azull",
}
},

Same as above, Should probably be peace

{
"title": "King of Golemus Golemicarum",
"recipient": "Grido",
}
},

Confirmed by Yrth as per above

---

Per: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15695-confirming-leader-tags/ these are valid.

----

also:

{
"title": "Leader of SoE",
"recipient": "Chewett",
}
},

{
"title": "Leader of SoE",
"recipient": "Rheagar",
"granting authority": "Chewett",
}
},

Edited by Chewett

Made changes as per Chewett's suggestions (which also reminded me to add Yrthilian to the list; can someone confirm he's still around? If he is there's probably another title or two he should have, right?). And also added Max Mortlock.  Also corrected Resurrected Corpse (Lazarus) to Mur. Also fixed order of MR's (should be MRD granting title to MRAlyon, I think. Is that correct?).

dst raised these questions and I'll turn them over to the community:

• Tipu, Azull, and Sunfire have a tag for the knator's mercenaries.  Do we consider this a group tag or is it important/specific enough to add these to the list?
  • Sunfire didn't actually quit MD despite his forum post.  Should he receive the tag "Consul of Loreroot" for his former role?

• Root Admin

• Tipu, Azull, and Sunfire have a tag for the knator's mercenaries.  Do we consider this a group tag or is it important/specific enough to add these to the list?
  • Sunfire didn't actually quit MD despite his forum post.  Should he receive the tag "Consul of Loreroot" for his former role?

I never saw any noticeable action from them so would deem it a group role and not significant.

He is still doing the role although it's paused so I guess so

They had to collect specific items for KC, and if I remember correctly, it was because they did collect these things that the Tribunal was temporarily closed off. I don't remember much else about it though.

So question is: why can't Sunfire get the title for the Loreroot Consul? If I remember correctly Mur said that even long gone characters can receive a title IF they ask for it. Sunfire is here, even if he said he's inactive. I see him more than others.

As for the KC mercenaries, I believe they should receive their titles since they were quite a big part of MD. They started the whole liquid dust, spores, insulators etc stuff which was quite popular back then.

Sorry for the slow response; I moved a few hundred miles, started a new job, and hosted a 36 hour hackathon with 300 attendees all in the past week.

So question is: why can't Sunfire get the title for the Loreroot Consul? If I remember correctly Mur said that even long gone characters can receive a title IF they ask for it. Sunfire is here, even if he said he's inactive. I see him more than others.

This was something Mur said previously, but the situation has changed a lot since then as we've worked out more details about titles.  I'll add Sunfire back in. Will hold off on KC mercenaries for now.

Didnt Mur want a title freeze? as in  no more added?

Not that I'm aware of, unless you're talking about the awarding of new titles.  This first round is intended to go out to people who had corresponding tags prior to the announcement of title docs, but I think everyone on that list meets that requirement. If not, let me know.

• Root Admin

Not that I'm aware of, unless you're talking about the awarding of new titles.  This first round is intended to go out to people who had corresponding tags prior to the announcement of title docs, but I think everyone on that list meets that requirement. If not, let me know.

Wasnt sure if EE was a judge before Sunfire had to stop :)