Trigger box not scroll-able

Ary Endleg

As title says, trigger box can't be scrolled or viewed in full (or maybe it doesn't even display full data aside from 13-14 lines, not sure).

As you can currently see there are a ton of summon-demon triggers and you can't see mirrorritual, intoxicate, burst etc, for which I know are happening at the moment.

I said scroll-able because I meant it doesn't display all data. Doesn't really matter how you want to solve it. "View more" button sounds fun to me.

And no samon, I tried that, all I got was 14 lines of summon_demon. There are no extra hidden lines under 14th that you can't see because box is too small, instead they even ain't sent.

All I saw was 14 summon_demon lines, while Glji had mirrorritual up, I had burst and I also intoxicated somebody, none of those 3 were shown. I not only tried select all and copy method, I looked into html source and saw only 14 lines, while I knew that more of them were active.

• Root Admin

there will be a swarm of new features that will use triggers..under these circumstances, i consider the triggers box obsolete, but for now i have no other alternative to it.

When i will end my development madness i will think what to do with it, based on its actual use.

For now it looks its still acceptable, not perfect, but definitely usable as it is.

• Root Admin

there will be a swarm of new features that will use triggers..under these circumstances, i consider the triggers box obsolete, but for now i have no other alternative to it.
When i will end my development madness i will think what to do with it, based on its actual use.

For now it looks its still acceptable, not perfect, but definitely usable as it is.

No, It breaks publicmeeting spells.

Edit for Mur: To clarify publicmeeting is currently broken when large numbers of triggers are in the box. Edited by Chewett

I think Mur misinterpreted and thought that Ary is suggesting a scroll to be made there instead of the piece of paper, whereas Ary is suggesting the triggerbox to remain as it is but just add a scroll bar, like the one on the right as you view this page :) .

Not sure if this would fix the publicmeeting spell though.

Long texts like are not displayed properly.

29704_fightsfor_alongtrigger

At this hour I could not find another example.

More tests should be done with

- the feature to show the names (see the long names)

- the intoxicating

- other long texts from spells.

Edited by No one

• Root Admin

There is an issue with trigger being split into two columns. Example is image below, where player ID is in one column while trigger name is in the other.

L6IbQ9p.png

If Mur isnt going to do anything I will eventually get around to making it look better when im back. Tis my job.

• Root Admin

i wonder how you would do that
if you sacrifice the string length just to make it look good, you lose the purpose of the triggers box

if you keep the str leng you will be forced to make an other compromise somehow..\

..i'm curious now :P

i wonder how you would do that
if you sacrifice the string length just to make it look good, you lose the purpose of the triggers box

if you keep the str leng you will be forced to make an other compromise somehow..\

..i'm curious now :P

There are a few options to keep the prior look of trigger box:

- just make the list longer and make it scrollable with no scrollbar (so you'll have to use the mouse weel)

- make the trigger box expandable (check the height of the trigger box container and add the difference from a default size to the height of the triggerbox)

- have the trigger container hover (somehow) at full length while you are holding your mouse over the trigger box container or this new container

-------------------------------------

Oh, and add a darn option to stop the javascript animation (see the interface movement when resizing the page) . It is going crazy while on a tablet.

• Root Admin

regardless what i will do to "fix" the triggers, the issue is that there is occasionally more information that the space there allows. I have a totally different triggers box in mind, but that requires too much work at the moment and i want to focus on the stuff i am working now , not on this.

if two columns is worse than one column (when using the display names shop feature) i can revert it to one column, with a view more button. for now.

[spoiler]

regardless what i will do to "fix" the triggers, the issue is that there is occasionally more information that the space there allows. I have a totally different triggers box in mind, but that requires too much work at the moment and i want to focus on the stuff i am working now , not on this.

if two columns is worse than one column (when using the display names shop feature) i can revert it to one column, with a view more button. for now.

[/spoiler]

+1

There is an old CSS trick that I've found and used some times. It simply hides the scrollbars.

If you decide to change it (and when you do so), try to see if this looks better :

instead of

<div id="inner" class="triggers bartext_small">
 ----- content of the trigger box -----
</div>

use this :

<style>
#outer { overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:400px; border: 0px solid #ccc; }
#inner { overflow:scroll; width: 315px; height: 415px; }​
</style>
<div id="outer">
<div id="inner" class="bartext_small">
 ----- content of the trigger box -----
 ----- on just one column           -----
</div>
</div>

It uses the difference in width between the "outer" and "inner" divs to hide the scrollbars that always exist.

It will allow you to scroll even if the scrollbars are not visible.

----------------

Mur, things like this are difficult when you try to fix and you have other things in mind.

Just throw then on the forum, there are many that could help with a code snippet . Sometimes I get the idea I need just by writing what I need ( rubber duck effect / rubber duck debugging). It saved me many times (& hours).

And best of all, you don't have to argument any of your choice as it is you who knows what needs to be done.

Edited by No one

- make the trigger box expandable (check the height of the trigger box container and add the difference from a default size to the height of the triggerbox)

I like that one. Same as the "See more" button which hides the menu on the right.

• Root Admin

the triggers box for me is something i remember as a test zone :)

Its hard to look at it otherwise, i initially used it to check whats going on behind then i realised that others might see it useful as well, then weather and such things made it more visual...not its crucial.

I dont want to make it scroll without a scrollbar..think that if you move your mouse wrong and scrol it up and hide a jump link, you would not even know its there and scrolled. (thanks for the code snippet, much appreciated you took your time to do it)

The way to do it is to make it explan, but its a frame and i am too distracted to think how to make it expand nicely. 

but seriously, i want to make the damn prison gate melt ..its more fun :P...the triggers box is empty most of the time, let me do things to fill it first  ..then i focus on this...unless chew saves the day/box :P

• Root Admin

nooo, no pagination :D
Pagination fails in dynamic environment. Too many things to consider. Too complicated.
Simple method / first step : list all and allow scroll.

No one doesnt like pagination since he will have to do more work with his scripts.

Paginate it, Works for normal people really well.