about fang and mp7 experiment/

Fang Archbane

If an MP6 miss-behaves ... the adepts can chose to get him down. MP7 has no such option.

You need the peoples help to reach MP6. Thus, it only makes sense the People can take that which they gave.

I reached MP7 on my own, and that is why none but the two that agreed upon the Rise can take it away.

That means i can remove my own MP7, and Mur can remove my MP7. Nobody else.

• Root Admin

You need the peoples help to reach MP6. Thus, it only makes sense the People can take that which they gave.
I reached MP7 on my own, and that is why none but the two that agreed upon the Rise can take it away.
That means i can remove my own MP7, and Mur can remove my MP7. Nobody else.

I can. I will respect Murs wishes but arrogance is not fitting of someone in your position. Edited by Chewett

I can. I will respect Murs wishes but arrogance is not fitting of someone in your position.

I felt it went unsaid that a game admin could take away that which i gained.

But the requirements for such an act would be me nearly breaking the game, and having no good reason for it.

I know i wont be doing that. Ive taken enough risks in my past and have learned from such.

To gamble with my Gift any more would be to mock my own Faith.

• Root Admin

But the requirements for such an act would be me nearly breaking the game, and having no good reason for it.

The requirements, for reference for all, for one admin to change something another is involved in is merely agreement or understanding of the reason.

The requirements, for reference for all, for one admin to change something another is involved in is merely agreement or understanding of the reason.

Have a nice day Chewett.

Edit: Do me a favor and change the topic title to "Fangs Ego", as it seems to still fit the picture of me you are trying to paint, while being a much smaller mouthful.

• Root Admin

Have a nice day Chewett.

Edit: Do me a favor and change the topic title to "Fangs Ego", as it seems to still fit the picture of me you are trying to paint, while being a much smaller mouthful.

I dont believe it fits this topic which should hopefully become a discussion of MP7, split from the original discussion of MP6.

This is important considering we (Mur and I) are currently discussing what to do with MP7 and discussion will influence our views on it.

I dont believe it fits this topic which should hopefully become a discussion of MP7, split from the original discussion of MP6.

This is important considering we (Mur and I) are currently discussing what to do with MP7 and discussion will influence our views on it.

Oh this should be interesting.

I can already see the road the Public will take.

I refuse to speak on the matter unless Mur himself requests such a thing publicly.

Have at it folks. Speak from your hearts and let me peek into your very souls. I dare say, ive already got the popcorn ready.

• Root Admin

Oh this should be interesting.

I can already see the road the Public will take.

I refuse to speak on the matter unless Mur himself requests such a thing publicly.

Have at it folks. Speak from your hearts and let me peek into your very souls. I dare say, ive already got the popcorn ready.

I believe it is important to have open discussion with people especially since MP7 will be deployed to many but it is your right to deny any such thing, Mur shall be disappointed at your decision here.

Does anyone else have opinions of this mindpower and what it could be?

I think that the direction MP7 could take would depend on the direction that a MP6 will take in the future. Also if MP7 is suppose to be a step in a different direction than other MP levels or a step beyond.

For example is MP7 going to be associated with illusions (a different direction that MP6) or have abilities similar to a MP6 as far as spells and mentorship but more/other 'responsibilities'.

This is just an example there is a bunch of grey or in-between areas. Or range outside of what is being said above.

Mur shall be disappointed at your decision here.

Good job. You baited one last response from me on this topic. Can you hear me clapping?

The reason I won't speak on this subject unless Mur asks me to, is simple.

I've stated my beliefs, time and time again. My beliefs on MP7, my viewpoint of the game in general, etc etc.

Each, and every time, the public simply laughed at me.

At this point in my life, I'd much rather save my breath, save my time, and simply seem a quiet ass, over a loud idiot.

There. You have your answer. And I'll say it one last time. My opinion on MP7 will not be shared, unless Mur decides to ask me to do so for whatever reason.

For him, I'd take on any waste of time, mud slinging, and name defaming. But I won't do it randomly or "just because".

Does anyone else have opinions of this mindpower and what it could be?

It all depends on how Mur wants / sees the MP6+ advancements.

As of one of his latest comments, he wants an evolution kind meaning that MP6 will be an improved MP5, an MP7 will be an improvement of an MP6 and so on.

This could be good if they also keep the requirements (demoting directly to MP5 if the condition for MP6+ are no longer valid)

The other solution (in contradiction to Mur's statement) would be to have each MP with a different role and rules.

This would allow ppl to be promoted to MP7 without being a viable MP6.

This would be a valid solution but this means that the features available for MP6 are not supposed to be automatically available to an MP7+ .

It all depends on Mur's decision of higher MP inheriting inferior levels' features.

Regarding mp7 and m8 .. i never got involved with mp8 but i did with mp7, for now, the way i see things is that mp levwls after 5 should inherit eachothers properties but have different ways of achieving that level. Mp7 will be about illusions and casting illusions on others (maybe a spoiler:p) and mp6 ...is still a bit confusing..

In former times, as I recall, there has been only one (Peace) or two ..? known MP7s and they haven´t been any MP6s around because it was more a PWR role then a simply MP evolution ladder.

I always askedmyself why for e.g. Zleif never evolved to Mp5 and stood MP4, but today I understand. Its not your MP levels that makes your character, its your roleplay ability. It might supportt your roleplay in some kind of way but anyway, in the end there are simple game mechanics.

just my two guardians cents

Edited by Blackwoodforest

MP7 is not stable. Mur had to make a hack (a script basically) that fang runs every time he wishes to "become" MP7.

Peace, Grido, myself have access to illusions but we are not MP7.

In my opinion MP7=illusions but see the above.

I don't think it's a wise move to spread out what little population is here currently over even more MP-levels. I think it'd actually be an interesting time make the world a bit smaller again instead of bigger, and simple throw out MP7, MP6 and MP4. If you feel the need to give some people special powers, give them spells, but don't take away even more target-able population.

I don't think it's a wise move to spread out what little population is here currently over even more MP-levels. I think it'd actually be an interesting time make the world a bit smaller again instead of bigger, and simple throw out MP7, MP6 and MP4. If you feel the need to give some people special powers, give them spells, but don't take away even more target-able population.

I dont mean to sound rude Burns, but MP7 can be hit by all mind powers, and do the same right back.

• Root Admin

Ok i feel there are certain things in this topic that need a clarification from me...but i don't know where to start..with the personal grudges and dislikes fight i see here, or with the more serious conceptual and technical aspects behind MP7

1) whatever justifiable reasons you might have, many of you just show such an enormous hate against Fang, and i shall take it as a personal task to understand if this is connected to him being mp7 or him behaving certain ways.

2) to fang, i encourage evolution of own personality regardless of publci opinion, but md is not build of the average brutes ,.. here you find mostly people with lots of depth in their thinking, and if i see such general unexplained hate against you, its clear you will either adapt or perish. Attention, the problem is NOT that you have to suffer from this general hate, the problem is that if such hate levels are indeed so, you alter the general mood of the community...i can;t believe i just said that.

3) get it well in your heads, all of you, but this time dedicated to Fang. Chew and me BOTH rule md. I respect his decisions he respects mine. If i do something and chew wants id the opposite way, we talk and both re-analyze our reasons and decide unanimously on something. Listening to what chew has to say when it comes to criticizing my decisions, is not just a self imposed limit i placed on myself to keep balance and leadership sanity, but ALSO a treat Chew well deserves and earned on his own.

4) Fang is not that arrogant as it might seem, if he would have been a King you would see his words different. The issue here is that he doesn't understand his place, but neither do you!

5) jumping to me for anything is fine, as long as you are 101% sure that you didn't already tried with chew and he said no, and the opposite, do not go to chew crying if i said no to something..this is like cheating in a way.

<WE ARE NOT TWO LEADERS WE ARE BOTH ONE>

6) Fang is not equal MP7, he is an unfortunate guinee pig that IF he survives all this without committing suicide by public imbecility (no offense intended here) he will keep only what he deserves. Now he is sort of a central target for mp7 discussions, but PLEASE REMEMBER, mp7 is not and wont be just one person

Important note:

if you place yourself under my "wing" , with statements like "i will answer only in front of Mur" and such, you will not get any sort of protection you might dream of, you will get just my own lack of interest to your problems, and an obvious public hate. Stop doing this. Its last time i say it. If you are so confident i am so allmighty, then be equally confident i will find an allmighty solution for you to run away from my "protection".

I will and always be accused of favoritism ...can;'t make all things equal, where is the fun and learning out of that? However be aware that i am the type of mad experimentalist that uses side-effects into his main influencing factors of an experiment. Who is clever enough to place this statement into the current mp7 situation, has my admiration.

Ask yourself this, would you become overnight the one and only mp7 in md, would your evolution path in the community be any better?

Last thing.

The observation and understanding of MP7 is hindered by two factors, one is the technical part that still needs development, and the second is the social storm created around one person. You are turning a puppy into a killer dog..but its fine, all of this is welcome, as i understand much more of social isolation from all this....and MP7 will be about this, same like MP6, that just because one single motif , was much less agitated (namely ability to get there on your own).

Fang arrogance is indeed outrageous, and i personally hate it..i am sad i must reply with disgust to someone that shows me just respect....but his base character as a person , is in my opinion a quite decent and nice one (personal , biased opinion if you like)..so instead of dumping his head in the garbage bin for fun, or selecting a random quote from what he sais , pointing out that its a disguised  form of "Mur said" abuse... i will bag his head and try once more to make him understand what he does wrong, and just hope his head is still attached to his body when i will be done with it.

Enough about Fang please, i really wanted a MP7 discussion thread, and if not the only mp7 to open it, then who

I will come back with a topic about mp7 posted by me, to keep it clean of fangness. \\

--Mur