Why resources get consumed in stacks

How resources work  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

@MaGoHi totally unlike but similar. the difference will be that you will not have "jobs" you pick and get stuck with, instead its the other way around, who you are and what you can do will adapt to what you actually do. It is the concept of viscosity applied on activity instead of movement. You can still do anything you like, but doing things you are more experienced and will take you further. In MD i am not trying to avoid concepts from other places entirely, i am just aiming to do things my way, without being influenced by how others decided to do them..sometimes is closer to other games, other times is entirely the opposite...overall it has no connection, i am just reinventing the wheel ...it is not wise of course, but it is the only way that can keep md a learning place and not a brain washing machine like most if not all "competition" . Please understand that there is still a long way from concept to actual implementation, but at least this is the direction i want to go, ...where i will actually be able to take things, that remains to be seen.

• Root Admin

i always do...

its true that such discussions make me actually care less and have the opposite effect, when i hear some of you get so "affected" by this simply makes me angry

I appreciate all opinions that are not selfish and actually try to do soemthign useful not just the opinions of those that try to save their own ass...or in this case,..inventory

This is more than just question of someone protecting their stash (it's not even under attack atm).  It's about how you value the massive time that people have spent in and for MD, no matter if it's grinding stats, resources, fame, girls or snakes. 

All i can say is that you seem to lack any connection with the 15-25 people who are the total of MD for a long time.

• Root Admin

my real mistake was letting resource and industry system unattended for such a long time. If i would have moved faster and implemented these features sooner, this situation wouldn't have taken place. The question is, should i go on doing a big mistake to support and cover the first mistake or to step over corpses and do the next development step as it should be without looking back. You see just a fraction of the issue, namely that i "don't care" about the people that put so much effort in this..or in other words that hoped to have a huge advantage when industry will be put in motion in md... you don't see that i have to chose between going on with a great concept that connects with everything else just right, or to expand a flaw just to make active players happy.....i guess we can both predict what my character is and what i will do.

giving any advantage to using oversized stacks is more than enough in my opinion. You will not see a proportional gain based on the size of the stack, its against the concept of resources the way it is and was so far...i am sorry you don't like it

19 hours ago, Aeoshattr said:

Since what I see here is that people are worried that the "effort" they put into harvesting resources is made nil by this new change, I'll add something more. I dare say that this is the case with everything in MD, so here is an analogy. It might need to be taken a bit metaphorically, I hope my point comes across.

• Land affiliation and alliances.
    Say player X puts a vast, long-term effort into getting in a specific land, in a specific alliance. This involves spending WPs for scene access in that land, building a role suitable for that land, spending credits to train stats, organising events, and the list could go on. In the case of a takeover (with potential land-lockdown), all the effort this player put into this is immediately (and very likely permanently) made nil. Furthermore, the current perception is that it's that player's responsibility to deal with it, not someone else's. 
    The only thing Player X remains with is a permanent experience. Just like from harvesting you are left with a skill. I don't see why harvesting resources and losing large stacks that required a lot of effort is any different from any other type of effort and loss in MD.

You can lose many things in MD on a whim, and it doesn't matter how much effort and heart you put into them. 

We are still talking about a game right? If a game, I guess we can argue about its purpose, is no fun or less and less fun why should anyone who realized how precious time is, continue "playing" the game. Please don´t call it experience, it makes real life look like a joke.

7 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

my real mistake was letting resource and industry system unattended for such a long time. If i would have moved faster and implemented these features sooner, this situation wouldn't have taken place. The question is, should i go on doing a big mistake to support and cover the first mistake or to step over corpses and do the next development step as it should be without looking back. You see just a fraction of the issue, namely that i "don't care" about the people that put so much effort in this..or in other words that hoped to have a huge advantage when industry will be put in motion in md... you don't see that i have to chose between going on with a great concept that connects with everything else just right, or to expand a flaw just to make active players happy.....i guess we can both predict what my character is and what i will do.

giving any advantage to using oversized stacks is more than enough in my opinion. You will not see a proportional gain based on the size of the stack, its against the concept of resources the way it is and was so far...i am sorry you don't like it

First step is to see that there is a "mistake", second to think of a solution, third to ask for advise and fourth to consider all the advise and make a decision. Whatever you do you will make a "mistake" again because you have to take one road which will leave something left on the other road. In this case its up to us the players to decide if we still have fun with what you decided or not. The population of MD will stay like it is now or shrink, in no way it will grow ... you know why. As long as you´re considering this you should be fine.

The only thing you should not do is to continue to put people, who supported the game by playing it (there is no correct or wrong isn´t it?) into boxes and by this try to justify your decision. I never forgot that this is not a democratic system here, so I was not surprised that you decided things. I was surprised by the way you did it.

And again from my point of view you don´t have to feel sorry for those who don´t like it, just expect that they might react in a way you don´t like and they might not be sorry.

I wish you all the success with the plans and decisions you will make for MD for a brighter future. MD was a great game it might become one again.  

15 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

I appreciate that you see and acknowledge this. 

• Root Admin

it seems you really don't get my point, or you do and then your reaction is softer than i anticipated, lol

I said my mistake was BEFORE this decision, and this decision to use resources as they where initial supposed to be used, remains...because this decision is not a mistake. I was saying, that i have to chose if i fix the initial mistake with an other one (allowing proportionate production based on resource pile size), or if i go on letting things how they are good from a technical perspective.

While i was thinking about this i realized there is something that crossed my mind. There is no harm if i give something in return of the effort, something that is NOT related to the current use of resources, based on the size of the pile so to say. Consider it a middle solution to this, one that does not involve fixing one mistake with an other mistake, nor ignoring peoples efforts. I will open a sepparate topic for this.

A little comment on somethin i read above. MD is not growing because of a serious issue with the new player experience, and the TOTAL lack of advertising currently.... considering the lack of new players, the way it survives now is actually a success. We can not make advertising till the A25 is not ready and the new interface is done too.... it would be a waste of money and effort. All my efforts now i directed to reach that point where md can welcome new players again. MD is not shrinking because whatever you don't like in it right now, but because no new players register...you see its more simple and more cruel than you expect it to be. MD dies because of lack of freshlings, and this is an other much longer story. Just please stop the accuses that whatever you dont like its killing md. What someone doesn't like , someone else does, overall, i see people actually like this change, but some cry louder than others.

2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

unless anyone has anything new to say or ask, this topic has ended in my opinion.

The moment it gets unpleasant most of the time you back out ... like a father who was told something in his face by his child which he doesn´t like.

"God has spoken and now there should be silence ... " 

I´m not impressed, never was ... never will be, not by this. That´s not strength or something you earn respect with, the opposite in fact.

But who am I? Just someone.

• Root Admin

Not at all.

You are missing the obvious here. I can't participate in an endless discussion , whatever i reply to must eventually come to an end one way or an other. That is why when i see the "End" of the discussion or at least i conclude what i will do based on what we discuss, i notofy you that it has ended from my point of view at least. It is called efficiency. I have to follow and reply and talk in all topics i open, AND at the same time code stuff, AND think of the solutions that come out from what we discuss and how they integrate with everything.

I didnt said now should be silence, i said in other words that i collected all info i needed to make a decision from this discussion and i personally end further communication on the subject.

Now to give you more details:

1) a solution to split resources was provided in two forms, the one that matters is through wish points , obtainable by anyone (remember credits should always remain totally optional)

2) the way resources get consumed represent how i wish the gameplay to be ,..if it wasnt like this before it is because before there was nothing to do with the resources..its not as if i changed my mind or anything, but instead i just finished a chapter in md gameplay

3) The votes are clear and loud. You are talking in minority, but you are talking very loud and think that only what you say matters,..the same thing you accuse me of is what you are doing

4) I said clearly that I AM NOT INTERESTED IN NEW IDEAS REGARDING RESOURCES, because they main point now is to make functional WHAT IS not to derail with more and more open ends. Ofc it is easier to misinterpret what i say than to understand it, especially when it is not convenient. So again, that was the point, to discuss and setup the existing resources not to talk about new ones , instead to make what is more functional, clearer now?

5) this discussion really has ended on my part, but i will continue to read what people talk here. Ended means i concluded what i needed to conclude and your replies helped me find solutions to the problem, thank you.