666 achievement

Blackshade Rider

Hello all. I am asking for the mark of the beast 666 achievement for my gateway loyalty. I do believe I am the first to get this amount of loyalty for gateway and first to record it. 

If I remember the rules are you must have 666 or 6666 of something that someone else has not already done. I do believe this counts. 

Will be waiting on a response. Thanks

20171206_084638.jpg

• Root Admin

>If I remember the rules are you must have 666 or 6666 of something that someone else has not already done. I do believe this counts. 

Just a note, there are no specific rules as to how to get one. There never have been and never will be :)

As for:

>Since being there is your job and the loyalty increases on its own i think its a joke that you ask for that

I am also a little conflicted as it does seem a bit sour.

Although since loyalty is pretty easy to attain im probably going to deny this.

I probably sounded sour sorry about that, what i have read so far about the mark of the beast was that they really had to do something special to get it i was just surprised to read the request for something i consider easy to obtain without any significant effort.

• Root Admin

>what i have read so far about the mark of the beast was that they really had to do something special to get it i was just surprised to read the request for something i consider easy to obtain without any significant effort.

>but anyone else could had gotten it before me.

I think Mag is right here and I agree with what you said and thats why im going to deny this request.

Anyone could get it as you say, its not something very special which is what this achievement is about.

I have to kindly disagree with MaGo and Chewy here. Land Loyalty requires _at least_ a daily login.

Life can be hectic, and even i can barely maintain a 50% log in average across all my days here.

Aside from being his job/role/place or not, he has given much more than the "minimal" effort required to gain the land loyalty.

As automatic as Loyalty might or might not be, this is a first, this is unique, and personal duties aside i think hes earned it.

But im not going to go past voicing my disagreement. In the end, Chew is an unbiased and just wookie so, ill accept his words as thus.

Just thought id place my 2 cents. To me, from my perspective, it seems Rider met all requirements, and he did so with honor. To try and coin in on it is not in bad taste, for we are all asked to reach for the Stars, and we can not be expected to stay on Land when the opportunity arises.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin
10 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

Land Loyalty requires _at least_ a daily login.

What else does it require? Surely you mean at most? There is no other way to gain it.

Aside from being his job/role/place or not, he has given much more than the "minimal" effort required to gain the land loyalty.

But that’s not really what land loyalty shows thought is it? What he has done for the gateway can be entirely irrelevant for land loyalty.

There was an idea of renaming it which I am still entertaining to something like “land affinity”. To more properly suit you are not loyal to a land by standing it it for a period of time. Just because people go to the forest to pass water, doesn’t make them more eco friendly lol

Chew is an unbiased and just wookie so, ill accept his words as thus.

I would disagree, but that’s why I listen to people’s views and why I’m replying to you fang. I honestly don’t see the work or effort that went into the achievement and therefore am a little loathed to grant it.

To me, from my perspective, it seems Rider met all requirements, and he did so with honor.

There are no real requirements, it needs to be something worthy though and that’s what I would disagree. If you can explain why I am wrong in my thinking I am happy to grant it.

Can you explain how you gain land loyalty with honour? Have I been doing it wrong all these years!

———————

I think you Fang are arguing that BSR deserves it for what he has done and I do believe he has some work for the game (I say believe as I’m not entirely clear what it was because I haven’t seen it or worked with him on it but I do believe something was done). But that’s a separate thing.

To explain a little in more comprehensive terms, it’s similar to give a lho the puzzle medal for being a lho. They did good work and that’s good, but it doesn’t earn them a puzzle medal. There are thera benefits BSR has gained from his work that isn’t a 666 achievement. So trying to say he deserves it for those reasons are good.

The logic I use is “if any random person came to me and said their only achievement ever was to do x and they wanted the achievement for it, and I would give it, you get it.

In this case the test fails and BSR doesn’t get it. If someone random came and said “I got 666 land loyalty for x land” I wouldn’t give it. It’s something that will eventually just happen so IMO it’s not special.  This then leads into people asking it for all the lands, and then arguing if one land is more important than the other.

I am welcome for anyone to disagree and I will listen and change my mind, just at the moment the answer is no as it’s just something that happens and isn’t inherently special.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your perspective Chewett.

And while i know i could sit here and explain in detail why i believe Rider deserves it for the work hes done, i also feel he does not want me arguing a moot point for him, breaching on disrespect if i did.

In my area we have a saying. I refuse to "beat a dead horse" for a lack of a better term.

You have made up your mind and i respect that. I can see just how much it would take to sway you. I also agree with some of your points, not all, just some.

Then again, i know in detail (at least from my time working with Rider on the Island) just how much hes done for Gateway, just how large his heart really is, and just how deserving a man i know him to be.

Maybe im biased in this light. Maybe it would be wrong for me not to be after all weve been through. Loyalty can be a double sided sword (and on that note, please do change the name to Land Affinity).

But again, something inside me says he doesnt want me arguing this for him. I know he is deserving. Thats all that truly matters. And if Fate would have it be so, it will eventually sway you to see things as thus.

if it doesnt, then it wasnt meant to be. God knows well have other chances, for these come in many forms and as long as we breathe on this physical realm, they will continue to be so.

Be what it may, ill accept the future as is. For the future influences the past, and the past, the future.

To take this to an extreme, suppose someone managed to get 666 (or even 66) necrovion land loyalty without being lashtal/samon/eara(?).  Does the "without" clause there render it less meaningful?

I remember Blackshade Rider going through some difficulties/confrontation to be able to physically remain on/return to gateway.  If he views that experience with pride, this seems as good a way as any to acknowledge it.  If not it seems like a good way to totally cheapen the game.

Edited by klatdees
grammar yaaaaaay

What is that ackowledgement, mark of the beast? Can someone explain?

quick info:

Spoiler

(I would leave out the biblical stuff, since the 'official' meaning of biblical things is basically a ciphered ciphered ciphered ciphered ciphered message. you need to track the original idea, and that is hard.

reading from wiki, it seems the number could also be 616. also, quote 'The Classical Greek word charagma (χάραγμα), translated as mark (of the beast) in Revelation 13:16 can also mean any mark engraved, imprinted, or branded; stamped money, document or coin'

So, the number is not that important (?), it's a mark of recognition, right? Also, does anyone know more about the word charagma?)