so why do we have mp's at all?

MRWander

I believe that Mur hath simply enabled the functionality of the Heads, for the purpose of allowing one to leave the Island of Gateways. Yet, to do so, it were that he had simply enabled the Contest of Heads as it were of it's last iteration - that of the Contest of Boss Heads.

I believe that the same functionality may be enabled without such restriction on one's statistic, or vitality, by enabling Heads as it were without the Boss rules, and enabling one to attack another of a different Mind-Power only if the other hath some number of heads. Thus, to revert such rules to that of the inaugural Contest of Heads.

As it were presently, those who have left the island in the last day have already gained the maximum heat that those of the Third Mind-Power may hold, as given of those who have been kind enough to train them. I fear they yet do not understand that which they may have learned if they had taken longer to train and advance.

I do not question the will of Mur, and if he sees it fit that the realm should remain thus, then I am content.

1 minute ago, Aia del Mana said:

I believe that Mur hath simply enabled the functionality of the Heads, for the purpose of allowing one to leave the Island of Gateways. Yet, to do so, it were that he had simply enabled the Contest of Heads as it were of it's last iteration - that of the Contest of Boss Heads.

I believe that the same functionality may be enabled without such restriction on one's statistic, or vitality, by enabling Heads as it were without the Boss rules, and enabling one to attack another of a different Mind-Power only if the other hath some number of heads. Thus, to revert such rules to that of the inaugural Contest of Heads.

As it were presently, those who have left the island in the last day have already gained the maximum heat that those of the Third Mind-Power may hold, as given of those who have been kind enough to train them. I fear they yet do not understand that which they may have learned if they had taken longer to train and advance.

I do not question the will of Mur, and if he sees it fit that the realm should remain thus, then I am content.

i m totally going to answer how i am interrupting that because its not in simpleton. but nobody in my location has heads and mp3 and 5 are beating on each other.

also mur doesnt want mindless followers he wants people with their own minds and actually can think

I believe that we are in agreeance, MRF. One should not be able to fight another who were not of equal Mind-Power, save that one has accumulated heads.

I believe that for the present, such a change may benefit many. Yet, mayhap, Mur hath thought this out well, and has reason for this - I would like to know his thoughts.

Edited by Aia del Mana

We have been training them without mercy, and without mental lapse.

It is not yet time for them to learn to drop heat, for that is not an option at Mind Power 3.

If you believe i Teach incorrectly, then please do confront me.

But realize i take words with a grain of salt, for any not from My Council of Three.

• Root Admin

I activated bhc to see what happens and to see if this could be a solution to what i wanted to achieve. After discussing with chew later on about the implecations we agreed this needs to be changed and find an other way to achieve my original intentions.

I think the issue runs deeper than this, and something else needs to influence fights, not sure what at this point, and by far not sure what to do without ruining old yet good features.

Thank you for making me fully aware of the implications of this change.

Till chew and i can think of an alternative things will stay like this and all changes will be announced in the announcements, Maybe i temprarily revert the change if it takes too long to come with a solution, since this is not the main and only way to exit the island.

At least in my current opinion, having new players be able to leave the island is crucial to md future, and till other ways are completely functional in there,  the repercursions on the rest of the realm are a needed sacrifice in order to get more players that leave the island knowing about the fights....and heads is in my opinion the most motivating way.

It is not a bug, but i admit its an error in judgement at the time i made the change, an error that still has its interesting parts..you all got used to active changes of this sort, you won't die enduring them further, or will you?::P

95% sure stats arent supposed to count due to "Fair Fights" being active.

Ve resetting isnt a real problem, since you can always run around in your lands for easy VE.

Combo counters, this ones actually odd, and indeed, is not counting correctly it seems.

Edited by Fang Archbane

18 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

I activated bhc to see what happens and to see if this could be a solution to what i wanted to achieve. After discussing with chew later on about the implecations we agreed this needs to be changed and find an other way to achieve my original intentions.

I think the issue runs deeper than this, and something else needs to influence fights, not sure what at this point, and by far not sure what to do without ruining old yet good features.

Thank you for making me fully aware of the implications of this change.

Till chew and i can think of an alternative things will stay like this and all changes will be announced in the announcements, Maybe i temprarily revert the change if it takes too long to come with a solution, since this is not the main and only way to exit the island.

At least in my current opinion, having new players be able to leave the island is crucial to md future, and till other ways are completely functional in there,  the repercursions on the rest of the realm are a needed sacrifice in order to get more players that leave the island knowing about the fights....and heads is in my opinion the most motivating way.

It is not a bug, but i admit its an error in judgement at the time i made the change, an error that still has its interesting parts..you all got used to active changes of this sort, you won't die enduring them further, or will you?::P

12 minutes ago, Chewett said:

I have discussed this with Mur and have a solution to the more rushed implementation of BHC everywhere.

I will be implementing it sometime soon.

We won't die and as a MR I of course love getting to fight enmass again I just didn't see any mention of it any where and I know if I was a new player or mp3 who wasn't prepared I know I'd be frustrated getting beat on by drach rits :P  but it would have been nice to know so i could have prevented my combo rits from being destroyed lol. I think an anni about all mps being attackable should be posted and it left that way for a while (because i m selfish and want more training! :))))

personally so far I love the changes, except maybe a minor detail or two like it seems much more difficult to lose heat now but being able to attack cross mindpower level is great and it helps being able to train with these new mp3s... Being able to have more fair and balanced combat (no huge token/stat discrepancy) is very fun at the moment and I'm only losing to people with more/better crits (usually drachs/snowmen in a rit) and I would like to experience it in more detail

I understand likely a large amount of players do not like how it is now, I can agree, it's not perfect. But I think some things can be kept and that this was a good direction

Edited by Mallos

10 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

95% sure stats arent supposed to count due to "Fair Fights" being active.

Ve resetting isnt a real problem, since you can always run around in your lands for easy VE.

Combo counters, this ones actually odd, and indeed, is not counting correctly it seems.

No, Fang, we can't run around our lands if we do not have a land and keep in mind most new players and some veterans have no citizenship. I personally could just get 12 won fights for a burst, but people shouldn't have to need that after ever single fight.

• Root Admin
25 minutes ago, Mallos said:

I am complaining that we cannot attack across mind power levels anymore this is just silly how am I supposed to even out MRF's profile while helping all these new mp3s and mp4s get wins and losses when I am mp5?

The change was unintended and therefore was reverted. I have been considering allowing cross mp fighting for a while but we need a mechanism to stop newbies being constantly destroyed. Please make a new topic if you want to push this issue :)

22 minutes ago, Chewett said:

The change was unintended and therefore was reverted. I have been considering allowing cross mp fighting for a while but we need a mechanism to stop newbies being constantly destroyed. Please make a new topic if you want to push this issue :)

We were evening out the newbies with non damage rituals, the only MP3 that got damage attacks was MRF, because he could actually take the beating. But i absolutely, and 100% agree with you on newbie protection being needed Chewy.

Edited by Fang Archbane

8 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

We were evening out the newbies with non damage rituals, the only MP3 that got damage attacks was MRF, because he could actually take the beating. But i absolutely, and 100% agree with you on newbie protection being needed Chewy.

you can always make an mp3 to do this. it actually does work a lot better and they can interact with you properly without confusing fight outcomes as MP3 outcomes are simplified. i don't really like the idea of new players passively gaining everything they need, idling around while people do the work for them, it feels wrong and unearned, they should be fighting people actively doing the work themselves to advance or balance, with help with defence rituals and things yes, but not doing all the work for them

7 hours ago, Syrian said:

you can always make an mp3 to do this. it actually does work a lot better and they can interact with you properly without confusing fight outcomes as MP3 outcomes are simplified. i don't really like the idea of new players passively gaining everything they need, idling around while people do the work for them, it feels wrong and unearned, they should be fighting people actively doing the work themselves to advance or balance, with help with defence rituals and things yes, but not doing all the work for them

I only play one account, thats my personal and quite stubborn decision to adhere to.

If the New Age feels wrong to you Sy, do whatever you can to fix that.

We taught & aided, not visibly in MD because it happens in Discord.

Far away from prying eyes as im not one to need to satisfy the public.

Now or ever.

Edited by Fang Archbane