What repeatedly consumable items would you use?

• Root Admin

If there was a new consumable item that you would use again and again what would it be and do?

or, are there any current ones you would use regularly if you get could them more easily?

The key point of this thread is looking for items you might want to use daily or hourly to help you in MD in some way.

If there were extra tokens, I would use of these quite frequently; either within the store, or an item that should grant of a random token upon a random creature in possession; if, in course, this should consume of a credit, or other resource or price as deemed appropriate.

If there were an item which should grant one the ability to temporarily exceed the heat possible upon one's erolin device (and which should allow for downstream effects thereof), I should use of this item quite frequently also.

The items given from the Toy Box. 1 of them is not working and considering the cooldown and how hard the toy box is to make, if i draw the line and do the math it's totally worthless to try and get the item(s).

Having a way to store volatile stats to be consumed later by oneself or others would be nice.

Aka use some resource like Lonsdaleite shards. Combine with personal AP (lose all AP get 50% of it on the shard.). You get shard of perkiness or what ever that has 5 usages each giving 20% of what was stored in it.

Same with other stats. totem of health! (wood, something sharp, personal VE). there could be quite limitless amount of combinations and efficiency levels.

These items can also be used at later combinations to some more complex tools or consumables. Like revival and poison potions. Pickaxe that finds only one type of resource :)

Miq

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

I'd approve of a consumable item with infinite uses and a respectable cooldown that could revive another, with a heavy price of stats or some other heavy payment deemed appropriate.

And you would be expecting to use this daily or hourly? This is what I have written in the thread

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Ailith said:

I would quite like to have one that allows me to put jumplinks on non birthday time to help organise real and varied events like research talks, story time or even just odd gatherings to shake things up.

The concern here is that they bypass a lot of restrictions. How do you imagine this would be protected?

• Root Admin
5 hours ago, dst said:

The items given from the Toy Box. 1 of them is not working and considering the cooldown and how hard the toy box is to make, if i draw the line and do the math it's totally worthless to try and get the item(s).

Are you able to write a thread explaining the issues and what you would do to fix them? Or point me to said thread?

4 hours ago, Chewett said:

The concern here is that they bypass a lot of restrictions. How do you imagine this would be protected?

My apologies, I had misread the initial post earlier. Suggestion removed.

Edited by Clair de Lune

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, Jubaris said:

How about the creature shield? Only, in difference to the wishpoint shop this consumable would obviously give a temporary effect. I think some people would use it all the time. 

How long do you think temporarily should be? Obviously it should scale to the effort of production

Sculpting Tools - Allows you to create figurines out of wood or other materials for players (Alternatively, Tiny Men or Aramors). (Could be used with Pure Gold, Iron Ingots, Crystals, Gems, Cut Diamond etc.)  (Could allow for long-range spellcasting on a target, but have it be used up? Different materials could have multiple uses?) Requires materials and perhaps some heat.

I second Ailith, an item that creates a jumplink would be great for when the celebration is over and the meeting casts run out. I was under the assumption that some scenes were already protected from jumping?

Feathery Quill - Allows you to write on paper to create notes that you can pass around, or potentially even write on books with multiple pages as a physical item.

Sun Orb - Turns the scene from Night into Day for a short time.

Training Dummy - Creates an unkillable monster (Empty Aramor type thing) with a low attack reset time (or none) to train rituals on. No losses or wins can come from it.

Sketching Pencil - Used with paper, allows the user to capture a player's avatar or a scene in their inventory. This can be viewed at any time. Requires heat.

Incense Holder - Allows the user to burn herbs using heat, providing various effects, more random for unidentified herbs.

Fungal Transposer - Converts 10 flowers into an edible mushroom which gives a small boost or restores missing vitality/AP/EP.

Fungal Transposer - Converts 10 flowers into an edible mushroom which makes the user hallucinate. (Could be used for fun stuff like the Nightshade or to see things like the carnival or defeated monsters again?)

Cold Mold - Coverts water into Ice, which reduces personal heat or the heat of a creature.

Dueling Sword - Allows you to duel with another, rock paper scissors style. Players pick the consequences of losing out of 3 options, and the number of rounds up to ten. Both must agree to duel.

Erolin Shard - Sacrifices VP and fills with heat, which can be transferred to items, but not yourself.

Cleansing Brew - New tea recipe or something, cures debilitating effects. Uses minerals or crystals, water and heat.

Flower Identifier - Converts the Flowers resource into a type of flower, or turns multiple into a bouquet of flowers.

Treasure Hunt Shovel - Allows you to bury items and dig for them.

Warm Cloak - Prevents Erolin loss.

Viscosity Torch - Channelling Erolin heat reduces the room's viscosity over time. Each regeneration has an impact.

Viscous Oil - Increases Viscosity in an area. Made from a mixture of herbs.

Heat Pebble - Reheats cold tea for more heat.

I have many more, though don't wish to take up the whole thread.

Edit: A particularly evil idea came to me once I'd finished and posted this...

Frying Pan - Converts baby creatures into yummy meals. Eggs become omelettes. Elemental eggs become elemental omelettes. Young Knators become Fried Knator Steak, and you can get some Grasan Rump too if you want. Requires heat, maybe some oil too.       Just an idea ;) 

Edited by Vicious

3 hours ago, Chewett said:

How long do you think temporarily should be? Obviously it should scale to the effort of production

Indeed so! That's why I suggest first pondering upon the requirements to create this consumable, and make the result proportional to the effort as a natural second step.

The only idea I have so far is about involving sacrifice of creatures to get a creature shield token (length of the consumable proportional to the 'strength' of the creature). And I assume you would prefer if some resources are added into the equation, but at this point I'm not sure which (I hate resources so the inspiration doesn't come straight away :D ). I would make Mur deal with the formula... :)) 

• Root Admin
26 minutes ago, Jubaris said:

Indeed so! That's why I suggest first pondering upon the requirements to create this consumable, and make the result proportional to the effort as a natural second step.

The only idea I have so far is about involving sacrifice of creatures to get a creature shield token (length of the consumable proportional to the 'strength' of the creature). And I assume you would prefer if some resources are added into the equation, but at this point I'm not sure which (I hate resources so the inspiration doesn't come straight away :D ). I would make Mur deal with the formula... :)) 

So, what do you think is an appropriate amount of time before re-application.

I assume that once every 5 seconds would be rather short, so what do you think a minimum amount of time that would be "manageable"?

21 minutes ago, Chewett said:

So, what do you think is an appropriate amount of time before re-application.

I assume that once every 5 seconds would be rather short, so what do you think a minimum amount of time that would be "manageable"?

I'm torn between several hours (or days) and between no cooldown at all, in sense of - if the creation of the consumable requires some effort, why would there be a cooldown.

6 hours ago, Chewett said:

And you would be expecting to use this daily or hourly? This is what I have written in the thread

Oops, missed that part, i was thinking a longer cooldown, but if the stat price payed was heavy enough, i guess once a day would work.

Id be talking 500 stats easy though, maybe more.

I would like to resubmit my suggestion.

To help continue with what I would like to do to focus activity on the realm, I would like a consumable that would allow me to cast jumplinks at a given location.

The cooldown of the item should coincide with how long the jumplink lasts in case an event runs longer.

The restriction element is common sense, I would have to keep to places that are open to everyone, and besides with my fresh account I have no access to super secret places, which are likely no jump as Vicious states.

Should there be an event in Loreroot outside a special larger MD event, I would check with you first.

Any who are a certain level of active days or who are in story mode should be prevented from using any jumplinks anyway.

While it is true that given the scenes I have access to, others could just go there, but I have witnessed that people are more likely to respond to an invitation if a jumplink is put up.

These items are not intended just for me, though. I am sure it would help others who wish to create such activity, or for quests also.

My suggestion is to help with the following:

On 4/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, Vicious said:

Training Dummy - Creates an unkillable monster (Empty Aramor type thing) with a low attack reset time (or none) to train rituals on. No losses or wins can come from it. 

I like this one but with a twist: add a ritual from with my current list of rituals and ... it has a definable expiration time.

So, when opened, you will be prompted to fight it (you attack). On fight end ... a message should be sent to both fighter & creator of dummy with result.

:) this smells like a training manual & a new age in competitions

------------------------

My proposal would be : a way to reset cool down for usable items (anything less then 1 day so  about all except recently used kill & revive items). Thus a cool down of just a few seconds.