shard abilities - ideas and suggestions

• Root Admin

For those interested only, here is a dump of the current plans for shard abilities. Each ability can be activated be the creature at the start of the round, at the end, or at the beginning of the combat once.

If you have ideeas for other cool creature abilities (that may use or set creature marks for example), write here , and i will pick some and implement them. 

Keep in mind that each ability must come with a trade-off, and not be overpowered. 

ps. sorry for the ugly format

"table head"

# id, code, name, description, active, principiul_ciclicitatii, principiul_echilibrului, principiul_elementelor, principiul_entropiei, principiul_imaginatiei, principiul_intunericului, principiul_luminii, principiul_sintropiei, principiul_timpului, principiul_transpunerii

"records"
1, rangedinhibitor, Ranged Inhibitor, Partially ignores atacks from ranged attacks and lowers power of all ranged creatures, 0, 0, 30, 0, 50, 50, 0, 50, 30, 10, 0
2, badlucktomartirs, Bad luck to martirs, Marks creatures capable of martirism and makes them unlucky, 0, 20, 40, 0, 60, 30, 60, 0, 0, 10, 20
3, goodlucktothedead, Good Luck to the dead, Marks  creartures that died so they are more lucky next time., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
4, woundcursed, Wound all cursed, Less attack power and and higher received damage to all cursed creatures., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
5, braceoffire, Brace of fire, Heals your creature in slot 1 but damages for an equal amount creatures in slots 1 and 3., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
6, reversedperception, Reversed Perception, Reverses attack with defence of attacker and attacked, after each attack. , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
7, angienscare, Angienscare, Lowers the initiative of angiens, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
8, lonelygetweaker, The lonely get weaker, Creatures that have no been attacked during the round, get their vitality halved, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
9, waitforit, Wait for it, Postpones the attack of this creature for a number of rounds, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
10, disolveandheal, Disolve and heal, Creature loses all vitality, but this vitality gets distributed to the other friendly creatures, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
11, vitalitybomb, Vitality bomb, At a certain round, creature consumes all its vitality and dies, but damages enemy creatures for that amount., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
12, healtheinactive, Heal the inactive, Heals each turn, those creatures that where unable to do anything, both friends or foes., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
13, clensefoe, Clense Foe, Remove all marks from all enemy creatures, eventually the default marks will come back next fight, but other marks remain gone., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
14, wingsupremacy, Wings Supremacy, Gets damage only from ranged attacks, initiative gets multiplied by the number of winged allies., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
15, suicidesect, Suicide Sect, Martirism effects get multiplied by the number of allied martir creatures, health gets divided by the same number., 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Toxicplanteffect - Deals X amount of damage to the targeted enemy creature for the next Y rounds.

Transferable skills - Targeted creature's reliance on X skill gets tranferred to another.

Reflexiveantidote - on receiving poison damage (Toxicplanteffect), the creature stops fighting for the next Y rounds.

(Please note I have no idea about how combat works, I just like coming up with ideas for stuff. If unusable, please just ignore the above :))

Here are a few ideas I came up with:

Bane of <X> - Deals double damage against creatures with mark <X>/of type <X>. Allied creatures of said type will have their stats reduced by 10%

Guardian - Enemy creatures that have a single target will target this creature first.

Evasive - Enemy creatures that have a single target will target this creature last.

Mark for Death - Adds a "mark of death" to a creature at the end of a fight.

Assassin - Deals a large amount of bonus damage to creatures with a "mark of death", removes the mark.

Remarkable - Doubles the effect of marks on this creature

Some of these are very nice, but at the same time it will get so hard to keep track of all the abilities going around :D

But to suggest something rather than only prattle:

toxicblades -  Toxic Blades, attacked creatures are paralyzed (frozen) for 1 round. (appliable only to melee weapon attacks? or to arrow attacks too? seems too OP at the moment, but maybe you'll use it somehow)

(something similar) ensnare - Ensnare, neutralizes winged supremacy effect for targeted creature for 1 round

Edited by Jubaris

retreattoshell - creature refuses to fight after x rounds

woodentargaid - healer unit loses its heal ability for x rounds, getting extra vitality (or def) for same nr of rounds

lonelygetstronger - singlecrit rituals get some boon

drachornscare - lowers the initiative of drachorns

meatcleaver - reduces the boon gained by opponent's ritual from pairing crits of same family (archer, drachs etc)

cerebellumslap - slightly damages crit if inactive for this round

goodlucktotheliving - gives alive creatures a boon until the end of the battle if more than 3 crits died

intheirshoes - Creature negates 1 special ability of targeted enemy, but this causes X damage to themselves for the duration of the fight.

weaknessisstrength - when targeted with weaken defence, the creature diverts what is lost to their attack skill

beserkerwrath - when brought down to a certain level of low health, the creature deals its maximum health as damage to the strongest enemy creature

23 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

keep posting. When thinking of a new ability think also how it could be mixed with other abilities or marks too

I will try, I'll look for more abilities to utilise but as am MP3 this will take time :)

mosquito - gives the creatures to the left and to the right vampiricaura 

shareadrink - (percentage chance) convincing enemy creature to not fight

drumsofwar - increase initiative of allies every 3 turns

thebishop - attack creature with lowest health after 2 rounds if original target was random

the queen - attack multiple, even if the craeture doesnt have that ability, all enemy units under 50% vit

silvercross - makes you immune to lifestealing 

hatchery - gives lvl 1/2 creature double exp from fights

silverbullet - gives more damage to attakcs vs lifestealers

holyward - gives immunity against lifesteal for 3 rounds for the whole ritual at the expense of attack (no attacks from your side)

armored turtle - disperses all defence from the crit equally among the other crits in ritual

forestinbud - for plant type creatures, gives all crits in the ritual regen skill fixed % (or variable)

axeandfire - reduces regeneration skill of enemy creature by %

chains - immobilizes creature in same slot, and one random action from another crit in enemy ritual will set it free (therefore that turn, the action is lost)

defenselessmonks - if ritual is healers only (set on heal), the healing they do lowers gradually, to 0

craneinflight - gives winged creautre chance to escape killing blow
rainafterfire - gives tree creature double regen for next fight
ballandchain -  gives attacks with multiple to become all
chainmechanism - gives normal attack or random attack a chance to
affect the nearby enemy creature
bowtocrossbow - gives archer's attacks, for this fight, double damage, 
at the price at firing every 2 turns
frytheknight - gives drachorns a chance to ignite mellee units, if
in first row
arrowsrain - gives archers extra damage against drachorns, if said
archer is in the second row
flipcoin - at the start of the battle, first row gets exchanged with 
second row
disguise - all attacks the first 2 rounds against this crit are healing it
superstitious - does increased damage against creature in slot X 
(or takes increase damage from creature in slot X)
criticalthinking - does critical damage against enemies with armor lowered with
at least 25%

can't edit, so:

notobullies - enemy gets no xp if kills you in one blow
cinnabar pill - restores all vitality lost this round for all ritual
(or all vit lost until now, for creature)
vaevictus - lower's nearby creatures' initiative if it died in previous fight
coliva - gives defence boon to all ritual if comprises 6 different types 
of creatures
inbreeding - gives susceptibility to steallife ability if all creatures are
of same family
thetribe - gives extra initiative if all creatures are of same family

Land loyalty, if fighting on land that is same as where crit can be recruited. Then each crit gets stats x1.25xloyalty dividend(aka ADx2/land loyalty). Crits you have outside of homeland get the same bonus-but obviously it would likely hurt their stats.

token stealer-targets an opponent criesture at random, swaps it’s tokens with the tokens of one of your random creatures for duration of fight

scapegoat-takes all negative buffs from rest of team, cleanses them, then puts them all on self.

targetweakness- same as scapegoat except it cleanses opponent team and puts it on opponents strongest(most hp) creature

Last ditch-if player is at 5% or less of max vitality, this creature gets stats x1.5. Otherwise, stats are all x.95

• Root Admin

ohooo so many :))

for now i made 1 that is functional "ranged inhibitor" that lowers attack of creatures that have the mark "ranged". Of course this can be used them with minimal effort to build other that modify a crit stat based on a mark, and there could be plenty. For now i am focusing on creating more distinct functionalities so i can use them later to make similar but different abilities.

The next one is "bad luck to healers", while i don't know how useful it is, its useful as a template for other future abilities.

I am thinking to do this an other way. Later as i have more abilities done, i will post whats possible so to say, and you can adapt your suggestions to that. For now go wild with your suggestions because even if i wont do most, they will inspire me to create features that will make those abilities possible eventually.

Thanks

My only two Mark suggestions.

Vanilla: If creatures affected by this mark are in play on either side, all tokens & marks get nullified for the remainder of this battle.

Limbo: If creatures affected by this mark are in play on either side, all auras get nullified for the remainder of this battle.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin
10 minutes ago, Fang Archbane said:

My only two Mark suggestions.

Vanilla: If creatures affected by this mark are in play on either side, all tokens & marks get nullified for the remainder of this battle.

Limbo: If creatures affected by this mark are in play on either side, all auras get nullified for the remainder of this battle.

this could actually be great, but overpowered. Might be ok if it will add a mark that prevents future combats or curses initial user or something. Must come with a trade-off. Combat wise, the trade-off is natural as both are affected, but because it voids other abilities entirely, this is overpowered. (no need to reply i wont be able to keep a conversation, i was just making remarks. If i implement it i will implement as i consider best, thanks for a good suggestion)

• Root Admin

You know what i am not seeing here? abilities that could head to real "mayhem". For example "Your ranged attacks get multiplied by the number of marks of each creature" And an other ability that gives like 3-4 marks on each crit. Maybe its a bad "set" example, but i hope you get the ideea. Using one or more ability to boost a single other ability, thats the strategy i am hoping to get eventually.  Especially things that could count up exponentially and are exponentially difficult to get...but without making them too overpowered.

for example get a multiplier for each winged crit, then by an other ability an other multiplier for each ability you have on each crit, then an other for each mark, and finally a forth ability that can use these multipliers to do really wild things, for a limited ime (limited number of fights)

6(crits)*3(abil each)*4(marks each) could be 72x to your stats or just some...or to make it even more interesting, do that based on enemy creatures not yours, meaning that the stronger the opponent, the more advantage you get for your next fight.

Thats what i am hoping for at least.

As far as I remember skillvampire aura makes a sum of opponents creatures stats (influence and tokens included) and redistributes a percentage of it to your creatures evenly, depending on the difference to your stats. Soulweaver additionally deduces that same amount from enemy's creatures.

With this shard, you wouldnt calculate percentages but just swap them entirely. 

I'm not sure did I answer your question or just repeat my original post :D