Formal Name Change Request

Fang Archbane

I have my personal reasons for such, ones I would rather not admit to out loud, but if at all possible I was hoping I could name change to "McChickyNuggy". I realize this might come off as a troll, or a joke but, I assure you, I am 100% sincere in this request. Either way, to whomever might handle this, I thank you for your consideration and time.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin

Well i don't. Name is something that represents someone not just in his own eyes but also in others eyes. Since i don't see a real reason to consider this name change other than a mood swing, and i don't see it in any way related to who you are, what role you play, or how others know you, i can't approve it. (Not to mention the other name sounds terrible, but thats irrelevant right now)

I approved just very very few name changes over these 16 years and they all had a reason. Imagine people talking about Fang, but refering to mchickenwhatever , its just not you.

(Btw, impressive you got people to vote and support you, this method might have actually worked, too bad just 3)

5 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

(Btw, impressive you got people to vote and support you, this method might have actually worked, too bad just 3)

I don't know about him, but I kind of knew the request would be denied. However, I support him, mood swing or not, for the reasons I gave in my above post.

Foolish I may be, but cruel and abusive I am not. I support Fang.

Perhaps there would be a way to prove this is not just a fleet of fancy? Perhaps wishing for it, or perhaps even giving up aspects of the old identity, to start a new role?

An interesting thought, not just in this case, but future ones perhaps.

After all, if you wish so strongly to become McChickyNuggy you will give up key aspects of your current identity, that shows true resolve to me.

2 hours ago, Ledah said:

After all, if you wish so strongly to become McChickyNuggy you will give up key aspects of your current identity, that shows true resolve to me.

I'd be happy to pay all of my principles for a fresh start as the Chicken Nugget of MD. But I won't push this any further. Thank you for the consideration Mur, this topic may now be closed.

• Mallos locked this topic