Kings

Muratus del Mur

[quote name='Shardon' date='11 October 2009 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1255295770' post='44414']
After hearing of Necrovion and it's peoples, I have this to say. I have not heard of any of the current nominees. Now this could be because I'm simply not active in a forum, but I definitely want to vote or elect a ruler that I know /something/ of. And for this reason amidst others I must humbly request that Lady .Peace. be included in the running. Anyone that would argue her current state of life making her ineligible I will argue personally. If she were to be a knight, then I would be her squire. I have heard some of her tales and of her life, and I see no one better suited for continuing Khalazdad's legacy than her.
[/quote]

If you didn't even notice that Peace was already in the running then its no wonder you haven't heard of anyone else who is running. You must not be very observant.

regarding lifelines/libs application:

hmmm, crude but vivid. does fit the role too. but racism, rabble-rousing and the rather blatant distortion of facts are a bit too much.
the idea of such a form of application is quite good though.

to quote another opinion on that matter:
"You know the Lost balance and conflict is caused by what? Before the humans appeared, everything was fine, after we appeared, the shades attacked because we made the world unbalanced. We are the ones out of place."
- Sol, adept of dao, sage and one of the founding members of SoE, about shade balance.

Edited by Nex

[quote name='Nex' date='12 October 2009 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1255304758' post='44425']
to quote another opinion on that matter:
"You know the Lost balance and conflict is caused by what? Before the humans appeared, everything was fine, after we appeared, the shades attacked because we made the world unbalanced. We are the ones out of place."
- Sol, adept of dao, sage and one of the founding members of SoE, about shade balance.
[/quote]
Thank you V, for the reminder.

So, first purpose genocide, second purpose kissing dst's feet and third watching your friend eat his hat? Interesting.

The Shades were here first, Liberty. You want to wipe them all out because you failed an ill-advised invasion into necrovion, losing your alliance in the bargain? This is not for 'the people' this is for your own selfish revenge.

You want to know Liberty's expert knowledge on what the shades are and what they represent? Check out a PM from him when I asked him what he knew...

[quote]i could tell ya a lot of things about them which i learned from all sources possible while i was soe, and then mur said burn all research on everythin in times of inquisiton on adi, and since then idk wot is true and wot isnt about them, ask lifeline about it[/quote]

These are not the words of a someone who should be king... these are the words of a someone who needs to learn... A LOT.

The King or Queen of Necrovion should have a LONG STANDING connection with the land and have knowledge beyond all others.. especially regarding the shades.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Lifeline' date='11 October 2009 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1255290647' post='44407']
the realm is boiling... u have been wondering what this is all about.
u shall not have to wait any longer. nobody dared to make his/her application public before the election and didnt wanted to face the masses and their criticism. we however are ready to face the enemy anytime. so here as promised the application for Liberty's kingship:

What was once a prosperous land with a bright future is now the twisted land of Necrovion. Deathmarrow and the Shades have tainted the land and taken it from its rightful proprietary – Ourselves. We have had enough madness and corruption in the realm! The last war in Necrovion itself has shown that very well. Such a tainting of once resourceful and sacred human lands cannot be allowed anymore. Enough with feeling helpless! Enough with feeling manipulated! Enough with feeling corrupted!
Let us turn our blade against what opposes our very nature. The pain and suffering shall end here.
Therefore I candidate for kingship of Necrovion to reclaim the land from the plague called Shades. We have all seen that shades aren't even able to protect their own land. They failed twice not only did the Summoned Army stand no chance vs human fighters including necrovion sentinels after the war; but even a few month before it was defeated by thief's stealing from the land. The so fearful Shade Sentinel itself could do nothing more than swear revenge and stay helpless and was only able to watch how its land got pillaged.
It is obvious that Shades are unfit and cant even reign their own land. And they corrupt everything that presents good values. We, the humans, cant allow this much longer.
Shades are useless without the humans. So I will take the necrovion alliance and cut the shades from all their supporters. Why should once peaceful and sacred lands serve as a prison for the mad? Since not too long ago we have an own prison. So all those twisted beings that support the Shades will be exiled into our own jails. Then I will tear down the wall around Necrovion and reclaim the land step by step.
If you appreciate human values and have had enough of foul creatures tormenting you and your family then join me and help restore the former prime of our civilization!

Application sponsored and written by Lifeline
© Lifeline Inc. and Co.
[/quote]

Well well well, It seems Im forced to speak up again, well done.

lets start by looking at the application of a known enemy to Necrovion and by proxy the rest of the realm given his intentions and just pure blatant stupidity and ignorance of anything related to shades and Necrovion and apparently Military affairs given the fiasco that was his last campaign.

FACT:
Necrovion was not a once prosperous land as any indication of such was from lore which has been blatantly removed from MD for the very reason such as this as people are often to foolish to understand the actual point of it and use to base their claims and allegations.

FACT:
The Shades are unable to protect their own land? The shades if memory serves annihilated Lib with ease and the only people who can hold their own against them are Lifeline, Eigger and Shadowseeker. The Shades are more than capable, much more than Liberty is for Marind Bell and any other land is.

FACT:
Shades do not corrupt things, you clearly have little to no understanding of the nature of shades, and your basis seems to be from Lore which is not actually part of MD ecology.

But on that note lets talk about corruption, corruption in Marind Bell, the blatant abuse of forum admin status and other countless ones, shall I make a short list of just Lib's doings?

-Spamming chat in 16+ locations
-personal alt abuse for the benefit of one character 30+ alts (used to become mp6 back in January) along with other numerous alt related offenses
-Verbal abuse to countless player in game
-blatant use of foul language with no regard for the rules

But then wait, no warnings OR punishments? Something clearly is not right. (also notice the mood panel the ones offering their vote to Liberty openly are the same people using his alts to train in the Fenth Cave in Golemus) Very interesting...

FACT:
Perhaps you are blind, bad at reading or just plain stupid.. But this is from an AL event which is on hold, never take lightly the words of the Shade Sentinel, once it resumes you should know you are in for a world of pain if you haven't already given up from your blatant disgrace or banning. Keep in mind this is the very same person who Declared war blindly and then lost their OWN alliance, failing at proper leadership, a blind arrogant king? Leaving his own people to suffer and pay for his mistakes, human power INDEED.

FACT:
It is the duty of those of Necrovion to protect the shades from people and people from the shades. Are people really so blind as to ignore ACTUAL MD history ignoring all that was sacrificed in the first war by Khalazdad a far greater man than any present here now.

FACT:
Prision for the mad, you want to talk about madness, how about blindly sending your people to war before knowing all the facts then abandoning them. Great leadership qualities. Or rather having claims and allegations which no facts in which to back it up or even better claiming to know things to which you only state now which would have saved you much grief as well as those under your command and GG your ally wouldn't have had to suffer.

FACT:
If you appreciate human values and have had enough of foul creatures tormenting you and your family then join me and help restore the former prime of our civilization? Your are a moron if you believe this, the Shades were here before us, and will be here after us, war on the shades would destroy the realm that is what the KING OF NECROVION is to prevent not instigate.

Kingship is a duty to its peoples and its land, you Liberty clearly posses none of these qualities and this merely is another claim for power a self serving claim as it shows from you record you have little to no regard for your peers, people and allies.

Well done Liberty you've gone all in with a pair of twos.

Another note, for those applying for kingship, this is a perfect test to which none have taken a stand up against, I have been gone all day and yet I am back for a short amount of time and already have done more than you to stand against this insult. Bravo.

[quote name='Granos' date='11 October 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1255310584' post='44428']
But on that note lets talk about corruption, corruption in Marind Bell, the blatant abuse of forum admin status and other countless ones, shall I make a short list of just Lib's doings?

-personal alt abuse for the benefit of one character 30+ alts (used to become mp6 back in January) along with other numerous alt related offenses

But then wait, no warnings OR punishments? Something clearly is not right. (also notice the mood panel the ones offering their vote to Liberty openly are the same people using his alts to train in the Fenth Cave in Golemus) Very interesting...
[/quote]
Let us not forget consistent and self-confessed abuse of bugs.

And now he wants to blackmail the CoE, threatening to infiltrate and disband it because he hates Amoran and wants to be named villain of the year.

The propaganda and rhetoric coming from Marind's Bell are thin, to be charitable.

In my mind there is only one rightful, [u]obvious[/u] heir to Khalazdad's throne and legacy: Peace. People of MagicDuel, be not deceived by noisy gongs or clanging cymbals.

[b]Edited for clarity[/b]

Edited by Tarquinus

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='11 October 2009 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1255316626' post='44435']
Peacesteppeddown from the leader of the Sentinels because she Doesnt have the time to lead it.

What makes you think that she will have time for a larger role?

Get Marvolo to run for king
[/quote]

In case you didn't notice, Marvolo also stepped down from leading the Sentinels.

[quote]But on that note lets talk about corruption, corruption in Marind Bell, the blatant abuse of forum admin status and other countless ones, shall I make a short list of just Lib's doings?

But then wait, no warnings OR punishments? Something clearly is not right. (also notice the mood panel the ones offering their vote to Liberty openly are the same people using his alts to train in the Fenth Cave in Golemus) Very interesting...[/quote]

One day i ventured to ask the akasha this question, And apparently because of his role he is allowed to do all of this.

So i am going to become a swearing, alt abusing, spammer, bug abuser, As part of my role of course, And that means i cant be held responsible for all the bad things i will do.

Why do i say this? because i have wondered time and time again and the answer has always been, He is allowed to.

Need i call this favorism? or perhaps more? just a game for certain people

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='11 October 2009 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1255324034' post='44443']
I did, but I figured you had schemed and lied your way to the top. Not because he was inactive.
[/quote]

You have so little idea what's going on in MD I'm surprised you even know there is a Kingship election going on. Reading an announcement seems beyond your observational abilities. What happened within the Sentinels was that I joined, and basically did nothing on my own, maybe helping out Peace a bit at first until then she left. When she left she put me in charge, but as Marvolo was a Dynasty member he had the power to overrule things I did, or consult with me about why I did things. He then went crazy after a few weeks instead, and left, leaving me as the only person with the ability to rule the Sentinels.

• Root Admin

Wow, very interesting to read all this.

@Granos, well done pointing all those things out. I also consider not to many people understand the shades. However, if the course of events goes that way, i am willing to see what happens. If MD ballance get to be destroyed by its players, so be it. When i place a land fate in a vote, i am willing to accept its results and implications. The question is, are you ready?

I am glad that on the election list each member belongs to a different category and each represents an interesting future for Necrovion.

@The Truthspeaker: i am sorry you don't understand much about it. Players that abuse things get punished. Those that manage to stay at the edge of abusing dont get punished, in fact they get rewarded in a way or an other. take dst for example, she always knew that her actions will cost her much when she will step wrong. Rendril Revant, quite new on my bug abusers/testers radar, he gets rewarded for discovering bugs or exploits, he gets baned if he does damage by mistake. Liberty, created those characters as part of his roleplay, since no one else did that and all that created alt accounts in such number used them for cheating and not rp, he was alowed that role. Once such a delicate role is taken, no other can do similar, unfortunatly for you. He also knows that stepping wrong with his Lib alts will cost him a lot. The players that have been alowed to stay at the edge of abusing (NOT abusing) earned there position. About chat spam and faul talk in public locations, no one is allowed to do that. It is alowed to talk whatever you want in non public locations as long as there is no one there to be disturbed by what you say.

I have hesitated to speak on these issues since I am both young and not affiliated with the land in question. But given the voting system Mur has laid out, perhaps it is that much more important that I should.

I have followed recent events with interest, and made a reasonable effort to educate myself on related issues. Yet I do not know any of the candidates well, and many details of their actions and histories are not publicly available. As a result, it is difficult for me to judge their potential and imagine what type of leadership they might provide. I understand and respect Mur's reasons for allowing everyone over 50 days to vote, but as things stand there must be many people in my situation - torn between not voting at all, or voting somewhat randomly based on popularity and best guesses. If important decisions in the realm are to be made by public elections, I would like to see the system designed to encourage everyone to vote responsibly.

With that perspective, I would like to second Ailith's suggestion of a debate on the issues. If it is not possible for this to take place in real time, perhaps a public forum would be an appropriate alternative? Give each candidate their own forum topic in which to post a description of their relevant past history and qualifications, and their plans for the future, and then allow a few days before voting begins for a question and answer session. Anyone could post questions in that topic for the candidate, and they would be able to respond as they see fit. If these topics were pinned and advertised so that all were aware of their existence, and if the candidates took this opportunity to expand on their platforms, then all citizens of the realm could make a more educated choice for their votes.

EDITED TO ADD: During the time it took me to write this post, the voting went live and statements were posted for each candidate - which tell me more than I knew before, but not as much as I would hope to know. So perhaps I am too late, but I will put this forward anyway in hopes it might be considered for future elections. And in fact, depending on how long voting will remain open perhaps there is still time for us to benefit from public discussion with the candidates for Necrovion. I know I would welcome that opportunity, and I believe the realm would benefit.

Edited by asryn

Well, it appears objections to the Kingship have fallen on deaf ears. Very well then.

I support Jester for King of Necrovion.

He has consistantly demonstrated a love, a deep knowledge of and a perservering committment to Necrovion, the Sentinels and the Dyanasty.
(Even though, in my opinion, the Dynasty is nothing more than a honorary title, with little to back it up in terms of accomplishments.)

Jester has worked hard to discover knowledge of the shades, the suble workings of Necrovion and its deeper meanings. And he has done it on his own.

Jester is the only person fit to lead Necrovion, and while he is a dark horse, he has my vote and my loyalty.

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='12 October 2009 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1255370657' post='44493']
So you did nothing for your position Jester? Thank you. That is all I needed.

But what will you do for the kingship? And what will you do once you are king?
[/quote]

I did nothing until I got the position, where I proved what I could do very conclusively. And I've just started. If you mean did nothing as in didn't try to take over the alliance and didn't try to sabotage the Dynasty, then yes, I did nothing. Thank you for clearing that up.

If I were to be elected I would continue increasing the numbers of the Sentinels and organize contests and missions for the members. Being King would allow me to get even more done due to the powers I would gain. I would also personally fund a treasury to reward members of the Sentinels whenever they increase their rank, to provide incentives for progress. It is only under my leadership that the numbers and power of the Sentinels increased. Under both of the previous reign's it decreased and nothing got done. I will continue that if I'm elected.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='12 October 2009 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1255371680' post='44495']
Not sure if this applies to anyone, but would it be possible to have dual citizenship? It can happen irl, not sure how it would in MD, but wondered if it was possible?
[/quote]

I: could there be duel Kingship

Mur: if its considered a council and a CLEAR rule is made on how decisions are taken, expecialy those that not both agree on

[quote] About chat spam and faul talk in public locations, no one is allowed to do that. It is alowed to talk whatever you want in non public locations as long as there is no one there to be disturbed by what you say.[/quote]

so you shall be punishing him? or is it that he has some special powers and that means he can swear and spam the chat

eh for spamming that grido solved, and it was more of announcing ingame matter, swearing? hmm i say [...] damn, or this kind of words but i dont point it to ppl, and not so sure that i do it in crowded locations, usually i spent almost no time in crowded locations, but yeah on forum ya can read this sort of crap from me i guess, but that is on forum team to watch up for it

[color="#0000FF"]Lib, I am not a watchdog to guard over bad language on forum. You should know that since you were a forum mod.
And I hate to be forced to edit posts just to remove the bad language.
DST
[/color]

Edited by dst