Kings

Muratus del Mur

LR: .Firsanthalas.
MB: Lifeline
Necrovion: .Marvolo.
GG: too many egos to choose a king from. GG must have a king though. A council would destroy it... The whole Yrthilian issue proved that there are too many charecters with leadership qualities and ambitions under a supposed king...

Reasons for vote: chosen people, i assume have the following qualities- loyalty to their land, wisdom, impartiality, less number of misconceptions and mental blocks, don't meddle in affairs in which they aren't concerned (special referece to Marvolo and Firsanthalas), bold in stating views, and foresight...

• Root Admin

what about this:
- king can allow new citizens in based on their intention letter
- king can kick people out of the land (remove citizenship) only if they did something against the land. That allows people to be part of a land but also be against its leader and be immune to revenge on this reason, unless they do somethign wrong for the land itself (land image, military, treason, abuse, etc)

in other words, citizenship is gained by making the king accept you, but cant be removed same way

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='10 October 2009 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1255131870' post='44217']
what about this:
- king can allow new citizens in based on their intention letter
- king can kick people out of the land (remove citizenship) only if they did something against the land. That allows people to be part of a land but also be against its leader and be immune to revenge on this reason, unless they do somethign wrong for the land itself (land image, military, treason, abuse, etc)

in other words, citizenship is gained by making the king accept you, but cant be removed same way
[/quote]
Now THAT is an awesome idea :))

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='09 October 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1255121666' post='44202']
I am not hasting anyone into picking a King or Queen, these things should have be established by now, i am just giving a crown to those elected. Normaly each land should have a leader, if you consider this to be hasty (@pample) then it means you are thinking of new leaders and not the ones allready existing as i thought. There will always be people against the leadership.
[/quote]

"Normally" and "should" are very loaded words. Necrovion, Golemus and Marind Bell (not to mention neutral lands like the Tribunal and MDA) have undergone massive transformations recently. One cannot say what would normally happen or what should be happening during times of change and growth. While leaders have emerged, in my mind, not many have proved themselves ready, willing or able to take over a central point of power.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='09 October 2009 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1255121666' post='44202']
What i care about is that ONE person will have the final power. If you wish to rule by a council, fine, but that council should manifest its decisions through the "king" and the king will have last decision and will also be able to disband the council if he so wishes. One central point of power, one personality to shape the land...One king, one judge.
[/quote]

ONE personallity to shape lands?! One king, one judge?! NO. We all shape the land, we are all accountable, we are all responsible.

There will always be people against the leadership.
[/quote]

I am not against leadership. I am against sovereignty and supremacy. A pact of submission, whereby subordinates accept the authority of a master is not an agreement amoung equals. An infallible and all powerful ruler will be the death of [b]every [/b]land to which one is appointed.

I have had enough with ineffectual leaders. I have had enough of Alliances with no purpose. I have had enough of the title-hungry, egomaniacal power plays. Kings will not solve this.

However, I do understand the need for a central pillar. So, I ask this. If Kings will be elected, what will happen to alliance leaders? If Kings will be elected will they answer to their people? If the land feels its King is malignant, what do the "subjects" do?

Again, I have no issue with leadership. But I refuse to be held under the soverenity of a King who seeks only power for themselves. I refuse to be subjected to the will of a supreme King (of the land I inhabit or not) who seeks to rule and dictate my behaviors.

I care for my land, I care for other lands, I care for MD too much to see it plunge into corruption at the hands of unqualified Kings.

If one seeks the title of King, let them act accordingly from now on, prove themselves and make themselves worthy of our trust.

I think a king or queen really isn't the best idea...a SMALL council would be good...three or four people for a land? And people who have totally different ideas, too, so there's lots of fighting and stuff x3

Edited by Pipstickz

Pample as popular a person as she I'd has absolutely no public history with Necrovion, or any other land except with md lands.

A king should have absolute power, but also the citizens should have a difficultway to remove that king from power. Perhaps murs voting system?

I don't want a popular vote to sway a kingship. I would also like to see the kings to be able to pass along their role in the event that they are no longer fit(active).

I know this to be a big step but I chose myself to be candidate for King of Loreroot. Many think that a King is ruler of people and lands I ahve a different out look. The King should honor and listen to his people and do what is best suited not only for the land he protects but the citizens within it.

If I am elected King by my people I ahve many plans to unite loreroot into the great nation it once was.My plans to better loreroot and draw forth more peaceful and tranquil attention to the lands, plans to allow others of the world to learn and enjoy the forest and its people as well. I have been asked many things and my main concern for loreroot is uniting its people and bringing more life and joy to the lands.

Lol, you might as well take a shot if you can [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

I vote for myself as King of Necro.

I want to bring people into the Necrovion region, open it up (for a small price, of course) so everyone can experience the.... joy of Necro.

I would make a ring of 'advisors' and divide Necro into 3 segments like Golemus are doing: Fighters, Advisors, and just normal people.

I wouldn't be TOO tyrannical, I might even just be there as a public figurehead and let the peoples make the decisions of the Land, but at least they'll have a King to respect and fear :(

Edited by Grim Angel

well I guess I have to... I was waiting first to make talks with other Lorerootian leaders, but I'll state my candidacy now

I wish to claim the crown of the King of Loreroot
I want to make steps into unifying all our factions, and lead our homeland to prosper

I love every fiber of our forest, respect every citizen and as much as I love "my" Church, so do I love Guardians of the Root, first Lorerootians, and Children of the Eclipse, youngest of us and most numerous

My reign as king would be forming a High Council yet again, to speak with other representatives from each alliance/group and work together on our forest

It will be my duty to serve our people, not them to serve me, I would be hearing out all members of the council objectively, and act urgently when needed

if there are any questions about my plans or so, please state them here, this is made in a rush cause of Mur's post

• Root Admin

email or pm it to me,
i will include it in a word doc and attach it to the voting page once it starts.
Include all details you consider so that people will know what your plans are, and why to vote you.
put a CLEAR title to the message or email you will send , like: Full Username - King of {Land Name}
First elections are for Necrovion.

I would also like to ask who will vote. Will the people of each land seperately vote for who they wish to be their King/Queen or will the whole MD community vote for each of the lands?

• Root Admin

whole md comunity, more exactly players over 50 days can vote. The way the votes will be given weight will be disclosed after voting ends to avoid abuse.

Current candidates are Ledah and Peace, i am waiting for more . I can't believe there are just two people wishing that seat.
The voting will start soon if there are no more submissions.

(Only after Necrovion elections end will the Loreroot ones begin, then Marind Bell)

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='10 October 2009 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1255205475' post='44308']
whole md comunity, more exactly players over 50 days can vote. The way the votes will be given weight will be disclosed after voting ends to avoid abuse.

Current candidates are Ledah and Peace, i am waiting for more . I can't believe there are just two people wishing that seat.
The voting will start soon if there are no more submissions.

(Only after Necrovion elections end will the Loreroot ones begin, then Marind Bell)
[/quote]

So what you're saying is that if I can get enough people to vote for me to be King of Loreroot, and none of them are Lorerootians, I can still win Kingship of Loreroot?

• Root Admin

if enough people vote you, yes. The reason is that if there are not enough people in loreroot to vote for you or to vote someone else than you, it means the fate of loreroot is in the hands of the entire realm.

Its not the case of LR, but you cant expect a land with 10 people for example to vote its own king and then act as a LAND and expand population.

Normaly the arguments count a lot, and based on those arguments i can see what people think about you as a possible king, if you get enough votes to be king of LR (just example) and those votes get good rating because they have good arguments, then thats it.

At current point lands do not have a clear population. Once there will be a way to determine citizenship exactly, the voting of the king will be more land orientated and the citizens of a land will have a much stronger vote than outsiders. Right now people are migrating between lands, they claim to be a land but act for an other, everything is a mess in my opinion, so yes, the vote is conisdered regardless of land, because right now all have a word to say who should be king and who not.

To be a King or a Queen is first of all a personal achievement, a true king could rule either land , only thing that differs is the motivation and affection towards a land or an other. A bad king or queen could not rule any kind of land.

I want to mention that PWR or RPC is not required to candidate. A certain level of popularity IS required. I will not accept submissions from players that i consider not old enough (in-game) for such a position, because i have to assume any could win.

[quote name='Jester' date='10 October 2009 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1255206595' post='44310']
So what you're saying is that if I can get enough people to vote for me to be King of Loreroot, and none of them are Lorerootians, I can still win Kingship of Loreroot?
[/quote]

I think you would have to be lorotian to be able to get on the list of selecties

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='10 October 2009 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1255207912' post='44314']
I think you would have to be lorotian to be able to get on the list of selecties
[/quote]

He said that as an example.