Petition Against February

Burns

Nice post Burns

I too would like to add my complaint of this MP3 account
I am not bothered by it beating me as it is anyplayer can beet me in game

But i agree that this account is cause for complaint as it is not in acordance
to how the account were intended to be used. MP3 is a learning stage of MD
As this account has proven It has master this stage and well the next stage too

So i join in the complain and asked that the account be forced moved to the next
stage and yes loose the benifit of the story mode as the account has proven it
does not need it.

Yrthilian
King Of Golemus
Golemus Technomage

I will also add my voice. I am not a fighter, anyone that knows me knows this. I get beaten by many players, many much younger than me in MD terms. I am used to it, it really doesn't bother me all that much. There are other things that concern me. In the past we saw people forced up MP levels because they were too powerful for their MP level. I think this is definitely such a case.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]hm...
although I found sparring with Feb amusing I was concerned about him capping newbies.
He said he's killing off his crits after attacking MP5s so it wouldn't happen.
But if the numbers Burns mentioned are true (and I have no reason not to trust Burns on that) I agree.
His actions are bad for MD.
Sorry Feb, you know I like you, but that doesn't change the facts. [/color][/font]

I have no complaints against the mentioned party: not of a personal nature, a professional nature, or of any nature other than general distaste. These are not reasons, in my opinion that a person should be punished, simply because I do not agree with how they chose to conduct their lives. I do, however believe, that this should not be allowed to continue. As an mp3, he is posing as one of the uninitiated, when his demonstrable knowledge affirms the complete opposite. One cannot be other than who they are. Therefore, my voice is cast with forcing upon him the growth he so staunchly resists. I do not consider it a punishment, it is more inline with the following paragraph.

Enlightenment does not always come gentle, sitting in repose contemplating the nature of things is not the only path that will lead to awareness of what is and what is not. On occasion, that knowledge will rip through you like a storm, igniting the tinder in your soul into a wild-fire..and at times it is not welcome. You will, on occasion, be shown things you did not wish to see, learn things you had not wished to learn. You will be forced, unwilling, to a higher plane of understanding, and wish for all your self that you could go back to simpler times. The first time a child learns of Death...when one realizes that no one is responsible for themselves but their self. No amount of fighting it will prevent it, but refusal to accept will cause a schism of self that cannot be denied.

[b][size="2"]Heh? Is that true? I mean capping the MP3 in purpose? If u mean attack mp3 (newbies or not) and causing the capped..that's not a matter, MP3 have rights to use angiens as long they can afford to buy them, if this topic created to forcing him advance then use other reasonable thing, yes yes..i understand what u "mean" inside this but.. This is not fair, so i'm trying to be objective here, i'm surely disagree about forcing other to cap, and February definetely capped now but that not automatically make him can't attack anyone, no any rules said that..[/size][/b]

[quote name='The Phoenix' timestamp='1282924185' post='67167']
[b][size="2"], if this topic created to forcing him advance then use other reasonable thing, yes yes..i understand what u "mean" inside this but.. This is not fair[/size][/b]
[/quote]

No, it most definitely is not fair. But he is clearly not an 'mp3'. His grossly vain and very public display of his prowess proves that. He suggests that his status as 'mp3' is what makes his accomplishments have merit. "Feb vs the MP5 giants". I am merely suggesting that his label accurately express what he is. His strength, resources, and most importantly knowledge, are not what an mp3 is. He is -not- an mp3 in anything other than name, i suggest that his position should reflect that.

• Root Admin

[quote name='ansouinc' timestamp='1282923999' post='67165']
I have so much to say.. but we are talking about professionals here.. so I have great expectations in peoples capability to look on things through different perspective.. and capability of understanding.. and capability of asking things.. not like this.. judgment first before discussion.. please.. I don't want to comment anymore.. yeah I love MD.. I free to be MEhe can't comment the forum says.. " you can't comment on this topic"It's feb here typing.. what ansouinc said is what I have to say..
[/quote]

He cannot post because he has not validated his email address. Hardly a great excuse because its not like a pm to me will take a long time to send.

[quote]ouch.! not what I have expected from kings.. to decide this fast *sigh*[/quote]
What do you want? Kings that faff about incapable of making a decision for themselves? Besides, this is not something I am saying as a king. It my my view as a person, a player of MD. I never made any announcement or call on any title when I made my post. It is the view of a person.

[quote]That's is his role he is feb.. he is what he is.. and don't force someone to be something he don't want.. that is his choice of role.. as an mp3 who's trying to change the peoples perception about mp3's..[/quote]

Role? Sorry, but if a role is threatening the game then I think it needs to be examined and considered. Don't force someone to be something he don't want? What about the people that have been capped by his antics? To me this is a similar vein to MP3s and MP4s going around with regen rits. They DO NOT serve a purpose, other than to get up people's noses and generally fill them will ill feeling towards MD and its community. If that is the case, then you might as well say his role is to annoy new players to the point of quitting the game. To me that seems self defeating and shortsighted.

I am sorry, but if he has capped other MP3s then perhaps it is time for a taste of his own medicine. And having him stay at MP3 capped because he wants to stay that way is not medicine is it?

I'll go one further and fire something out if you want me to. Namely, that I think his alliance colleagues should consider his position given his actions.

I also would like to see this petitioned moved against the one in mention.

I do not like it at all that the younger players can have their fun squashed by some mediocre giant.

What they will think is simply: Oh hey, another mp3, let us attack.
The result? All their creatures killed, their morale destroyed.

For the sake of the younger ones, I do not believe that this atrocity should continue any longer.

Move him to Mp5. I don't want to deal with him as an mp4.

I would also like to edit my post with this quote:
[quote]I'm a little disappointed, veterans, kings, is this how close minded people are?
[/quote]

-I- am not a veteren, and -I- am not impressed.

Also: When Feb attacked me as an mp3? He did not ask. He did no such thing. He simply attacked me and went his merry way. Given I was in an alliance, you think he'd follow through with that code of honor for ALL mp3's, not just a select few that he can use to lick his chops and get away with.

Edited by Curiose

oh my.. i noticed your posts are somehow selfish.. and one-sided..
Burns, u have to have a way of proving that 20 mp3s were involuntarily, unknowingly capped, and under undue force! otherwise, this petition is ridiculous, a plain joke.
as for the others' comments.. they all say he's "not an mp3" mp3.. and they keep airing senseless ideas..
feb has done no wrong.. and still you insist he has done something wrong.. he has attained great knowledge at mp3.. so what? it's never your choice to decide for feb. in fact, he helps mp3s, as he had said. where's the sin in that?

I say put him in mp4, and let him go to mp5 voluntarily.
The main reason for this is that I agree that newbies are way more important than an mp3 showing off.
I have nothing against him, it's just that newbies are the fuel for awesomeness.

I'll add my voice in getting him up into mp5 too.

"No, it most definitely is not fair. But he is clearly not an 'mp3'. His grossly vain and very public display of his prowess proves that. He suggests that his status as 'mp3' is what makes his accomplishments have merit. "Feb vs the MP5 giants". I am merely suggesting that his label accurately express what he is. His strength, resources, and most importantly knowledge, are not what an mp3 is. He is -not- an mp3 in anything other than name, i suggest that his position should reflect that."

Well why is pushing feb into mp5 such a terrible, unfair thing? He is simply too powerful for his mind power level. And it would be more suitable for him to become an mp5. You said yourself, "But he is clearly not an 'mp3'. Well... all the more reason to get him to the mind power he belongs in.

[quote name='zeTsu grass' timestamp='1282926436' post='67174']
oh my.. i noticed your posts are somehow selfish.. and one-sided..
. they all say he's "not an mp3" mp3.. and they keep airing senseless ideas..
feb has done no wrong.. and still you insist he has done something wrong.. he has attained great knowledge at mp3.. so what? it's never your choice to decide for feb. in fact, he helps mp3s, as he had said. where's the sin in that?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure So far i'm the only one said pretty much what you're quoting, so i'll be the one to reply.

No, never said he did anything wrong. The man can do whatever he wants. I'm merely saying there are consequences for actions. The mp levels are pretty much intended to be a reflection of personal knowledge, at least as far as I understand them. With his actions, feb has shown that he respects power, but does not respect the wisdom that must necessarily temper that power. He wishes to posses it without consequence. He wishes to grow in power, but not to accept the growth that comes along with that power. If this were in the real world, he would be met by someone who could put him in his place, and that would be the forced evolution i'm referring to.

Int his world, however, it is difficult ( as far as I understand, i'm no fighter) for this to happen. Therefore, we as a community, are attempting to do what is necessary to help a person grow. He is a child in a man's body ( as far as game mechanics go), as is shown by all the files he attached to the post that caused this outcry. He exhibits power, with no great wisdom. So I believe the wisdom must be impressed upon him, even if it is unwillingly.

As to the helping of mp3's? I don't care. In my eyes, it bears no relevance to the subject.

And by the by, it's my choice to do whatever the F*** i want to. Don't even believe otherwise. I'm sure you could retort that it is his prerogative to do the same, the difference? I know theres consequences to that, and every point in my life i've considered and accepted them. It's rare that a negative effect comes to my surprise.

Does all of this surprise you Feb?

I most definitely don't have to prove how many mp3 exactly were capped just like that.
I can mathmatically prove exactly how many xp an mp3 gets when attacking february, and at least 3 mp3 have IN MY PRESENCE, which is at the moment rather little, asked what an energy burn was, who had no clue whatsoever about the xp they gathered just until they were pointed to it. Each and every newbie who quits after reaching mp4 with lvl 1 creatures is one too many.

Also, crossreading the old posts in here, there's something i feel the urge to add:
In all races, cultures, and religions of the civilized world, those who assault children get jailed for a long time, or killed. MP3 are nothing other than the kids of MD, and you try to argue that we are just too closeminded to see how great feb is for assaulting them? Maybe my morals are narrow indeed, but when people hurt or kill children, i do wish for death penalty in my civilized culture once again.

Edited by Burns

If so many people complain about this already in a petition that is intended to have mur solve problems in the gameplay (punishing feb, removing him from mp3 or whatever) then i suggest petitioning for something that will eliminate the problem by its root. not just remove one factor of the problem that could easly come back because lets face it the problems are angiens and the fighting mechanics and not a mp3 who legally uses the crits that are harder to get early in the game.

angiens dont even need xp at all to be able to uprade to a level where they are capable of fighting. (and with that are already able to cap other people) all they need is 120age and some VE that can easly be gotten even without grinding.
if a mp3 shouldnt be able to have a lvl3 angien then same goes for other expensive creatures like birds ect (if u have the vitality to buy and upgrade a bird u can ugrade ur angien as well)

what is feb doing? he has really low profile stats, no drachorns, ect. so in oder to get wins for a burst he can only use angiens. otherwise he is the normal average mp3 and will have a hard time getting to his bursts. without breaking any rules he can beat the strongest players which surely is an inviting challenge so he goes for it. so far there is no problem at all, the problem starts when [u][b]angiens give xp to the opponent which is the only real problem![/b][/u]

[u][b]so instead of multiple complains against a player who has nothing to do with the real problem i suggest to go for multiple complains against a broken fighting mechanic WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM that needs attention and has to get fixed.[/b][/u]
if we are lucky mur tries to balance angiens and do something about the unearned xp they give to the opponent. then feb wouldnt pose a problem anymore and we would also have a better game.

Edited by Lifeline

i also put in my petition that Feb be forced to move up. I don't care about the fact he can beat MP5 vets or any of the other reasons. I put down plain and fact that he shouldn't be allowed to attack other MP3s of any sort, unless he and they are in alliances. The best way to serve that purpose is to move him to MP4 or MP5. He is deffinatly a unique case of MP3 overpowerness. From reading this post and others though, I see a large increase in this in the future. What it means is that MP3 will be rules by "vets" as we are called, and will chase off what small percentage of newcomers when they see a brick wall like Febs 3 MAX angiens. I fear that more MP3s will "idolize" this character and try and form a base of super elite MP3.

Really people, we have enough people scared to move to MP5 for exact such reasons. Are we now going to let it happen to MP3 and run off most all chances of newcomers?

While angiens may be part of the problem, its the general fact that he doesn't have lvl 3 angiens he has them maxed which should generally be impossible and improbable for an mp3 to do. I'd suggest an age limit on mp3s but I'm sure that wouldn't go over very well.

If you don't want to see people stuck in mp3 forever why don't you start petition about making mp3 time limited?

In that way at least you won't discriminate one player because of his stats or way of playing.

I don't support febs forum post, but he can play how he want. The problem is that you are not affected by him like a player but by his writings and boasting on the forum. (remember Yoshi was mp3 long long time, but no one started a petition)

So veterans please don't act like some sort of inquisition structure.

That's my opinion, so go negate me now :)

Salutations.

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]341,000 ve

What MP3 has that much that's truly new to the game? I'd be curious to see what his other stats are.

As for not hearing from newbies that have been capped. Why would they bother to report anything if they are only a few days old and really have no clue as to what is and isn't right. The "rules" don't say.

Let's look at it in a broader sense. A newbie is fresh from fighting the shop guards, but cannot yet fight the Loreroot guards. They feel a great sense of accomplishment and are impressed with the amount of xp that they managed to get, which is at least 10-12k with the right creatures. Maybe they gain a couple of stat points.

Then a monster MP3 walks by and hits the newbie. The newbie sees the fight notifier light up and clicks it. Creatures never seen with huge numbers for life come up. Newbie's creatures go "poof" before their little aramor even picked up his axe.

or

The newbie's feeling of great accomplishment attacks the next MP3 that they come across, which happens to be idle at the park. This unfortunately is a monster MP3. The newbie attacks with their little elemental and the rest of the crew and gets instantly capped. Now the MP3 is completely confused. The newbie hasn't won and lost their 100 fights yet, but now they can't gain experience for their creatures either.

At this point, the newbie would wonder what they had gotten themselves into. If a player at "their level" can do that, what can the higher ones do? The good feelings that they had been fostering with their temporary victory against an NPC is suddenly ripped from them by a "regular" player. They start to think that either the game is lousy because a player is way stronger than the game monsters, or they stand no chance against such player because they wrongly assume that most of the rest are the same way.

Irregardless, the player leaves. This is not only a loss in potential to the MD realm, but to Mur as well. One less player to purchase credits or a possible subscription. Enough of those losses reduces funds Mur has to put toward MagicDuel.

I'm sure there are others in the realm that could actually crunch numbers to show the positive and negative.

(sorry, I got into teacher mode again :) )[/font][/color]