Krioni

Hello all!

I wanted to bring up something I though has been a little unfair in the Heads Contest. I have been told it is unfair anyways, but hey. I thought this overstepped a little, and I wanted to bring it up. The problem I have seen is certain people, who are not in the Heads Contest, interfering with how it is running. This is mainly happening in two ways.

One, as far as I heard, people from outside the competition should not be able to take the heads of those in the competition. This has happened twice to me, and is in fact the only times I have lost heads. The first was from an attack by Eon, and then the next in one of the attacks from a group of other people. I wouldn't normally care, except that in both cases I lost all my heads. I would count this more as a bug, or perhaps a problem with BHC competitions going at the same time.

The second, and what I consider the more problematic and disturbing, is the use of certain spells and powers to influence the competition by people who are not participating. This one I have included the below screenshots for, to show proof of an event that happened today. It says in the Heads Contest page that the leaders will most probably hide, and we certainly were hiding, preserving our heads. But someone, which by the screenshots and information I have been told is most likely dst, teleported the leaders to the Gazebo of Equilibrium, where we promptly got beaten and our heads taken by people not in the competition. Beyond how this affects the scores of the people, it also artificially lengthens the competition, because we cannot advance and get to stage 2 as fast with less heads.

Here are the screenshots, with the spell, the server times, and the UID of the person who casted the spell circled (I have been told the UID is dst)
[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/keu54n.jpg[/img]

and

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/otolqu.jpg[/img]

What are people's opinions of this? I know many consider the competition a joke because of certain fighters not being able to fight, since they have won, but shouldn't the competition still be followed instead of playing with the competitors like this? I also thought that spells weren't even allowed. I am genuinely interested in people's opinions and if there are in fact rules that are being broken.

Thanks for reading!
Krioni

sendtogazebo spell was made with main goal to be used exactly for that

as for heads bein taken by ppl not in competition, that shouldnt be happenin

as for eon takin heads he has heads control, and i think he is allowed to mess with them, as for others idk... all i know that could be the case is that there is some bug with head ball gettin lost in thin air, nobody knows whuts that bug actually about

• Root Admin

Some spells are allowed and will always be allowed, It shouldnt be a game where you just sit there until its over... do some real fighting.

As for people who have already won being able to take heads. Eon seems to shedual these contests so that they are on HC so that he has more people to prey on. I think its wrong becuase also last time it broke GoE for regular HC in the last 48 hours...

As for all the spells, You are lucky and you arnt getting targetted very much, Some HC i have seen people being ported back every half hour! Lately people with "GOE" spells and such havent really taken an intrest... Its meant to do this so you cant just sit there and have to move around and fight!

To quote the announcements,
[quote]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Georgia,]Ann. 988 - [2009-09-01 12:27:52 - Alpha 9][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]HC Moderators are any players posessing the "send to gazebo" spell. This type of mods are allowed during the hc to use that spell to send back to central area any player collecting heads and staying with them in remote locations. There is no obligation for them to do that (in case they want to keep the spell cast for other uses) and there is no restriction for them using this spell only on those that they chose, but a impartial judgement is recomandable for a smooth contest evolution. HC mods do not have the power to decide winners or to penalise abuses (unless they have ways of their own), but they can spot and report abuses and you should report possible hc abuses to them. If a spell can be cast during the HC and its not limited by the interface, then it means you can use it![/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,][/quote][/font][/color]

[color=#000000]And I think the current list of useable spells is this,[/color]
[color=#000000][quote][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Georgia,]Ann. 1231 - [2009-12-29 22:58:41 - Alpha 9][/font][/color]
[b]Last minute change - Spells during HC![/b]
[color=#990000][font=Georgia,]The following spells can now be cast during Heads Competition:[/font][/color]
[color=#990000][font=Georgia,]'banned','unbanned','sendtogazeebo', 'acusticremains','weather-frosty','weather-heavyclouds','weather-heavyrain','weather-mildrain','weather-snow', 'weather-storm','weather-sunny','attacklock','movelock','voice','weaken','mirrorritual' [/font][/color]

[font="Georgia,"][color="#990000"][size=2][/quote][/size][/color][/font]

Edited by Brulant

Cool! That clarifies the spell for me. I didn't know before, and now I know more ^^
As for fighting, I generally would like to, with people that are in the competition. That seems hard to accomplish though, especially looking at the locations. And like I said, by the contest page, shouldn't other people in the competition be trying to come after me? Especially if I am winning and have the most heads. But the people in the competition aren't, it is just other people messing.

As much as I hated being tossed around with tele spells when I competed in HC, I do think they have a valid place. However, if Eon's ability to interfere (gain heads) will continue to stand, why not just let Eon name the winners and not even bother with a competition?

Edited by Phantom Orchid

[quote name='Krioni' timestamp='1328305948' post='103338']
Cool! That clarifies the spell for me. I didn't know before, and now I know more ^^
As for fighting, I generally would like to, with people that are in the competition. That seems hard to accomplish though, especially looking at the locations. And like I said, by the contest page, shouldn't other people in the competition be trying to come after me? Especially if I am winning and have the most heads. But the people in the competition aren't, it is just other people messing.
[/quote]

if nobody is commin after you then ya dont have to worry ya win anyway no matter who messes up and what, since they aint able to get rewards :P

[quote name='Krioni' timestamp='1328305948' post='103338']
[/quote]

You might think so but no there isnt any considerable point. Lets say i could still compete in the competition and take and recieve heads. When you hit MP5 as you are now you should have learned that instead of two outcomes to a fight there are infact 4.
In the case of winning you can have a win or a victory. A victory is in the case that at least 10% damage is done to each player and there is a 30% difference. A won fight simply means that your percentage of damage was higher and you didn't meet those specs. A deafeat and a retreat is not important to exsplane for this example. The difference between these two specs is that when a player attacks and get a win he gets one head and continues on his way. However if this person pulls off a victory he takes all the heads of that person whoever he may be.
So if I am to attack you and am not confident that I am going to get a victory but still confident enough to get a win I am wasting vitality in order to get just one head which is not much of anything and it puts me at risk of being attacked by somebody who can do a large portion of damage and if that does happen I am going to have to run to a location to heal enough in order to get back into the fight and take back those heads that where taken instead of running away and still having heads and vitality in order to defend from attack and disipear again before they can try again. Right now you are a risky target since you can take heads and hold them. However that will change in stage 2 becouse if people want points they have to keep in close vicinity.

[quote name='durex' timestamp='1328307408' post='103351']
i had same problem like u .a player not in HC.Legend knight attack me and take from me lots of heads.then he simply log out...
[/quote]

They dont have to be on the list in order to be considered part of the heads contest that is just the leader list. Everybody weather they have won or not is bound by the rules of the contest except those who have won have some restrictions in winning heads from opponents that causes it to be harder for them to win a second time. Though it does happen they recive no additional rewards. Logging off would cause the heads to be removed from the system so they cant be re-taken. Weather that person was trying to be a dick or not is irrelevent. If you can do it during the heads contest and it is not a bug its all good and legal.

Edited by Kamisha

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1328305851' post='103336']
To quote the announcements,
[/font][/color]

[color=#000000]And I think the current list of useable spells is this,[/color]
[color=#000000][/size][/color][/font]
[/quote]
There's more than that, few LHO spells got added relatively recent as well. Think few others.

Once again, I don't mind fighting. The language of the page for the contest suggests people who have the highest heads should hide, and others would chase them down. I wasn't chased down *laughs*. I would fight with other people in the competition. But again, I just lost all my heads to someone who had already won and wasn't in the competition. Ignnus took them. How does that work?

BHC competitors regain the ability to take heads from people when they sign up. So, that's how that works. Quite honestly though, MP5 HC has so few real competitors that it can be used to see who logs in most. With the BHC influence, at least there's some sort of competition, and it allows BHC to be more fast-paced, the downside being that HC drags way on. Whether it's good or bad overall comes down to opinion, and mine is that it is indeed a good thing. You said yourself, you've only lost heads to people not in HC, and you're still more than 5000 above second place. Unless you log out, you're almost sure to win. Just go (deep) into someplace BHC competitors can't go if you get some heads, and watch for teleports. Be paranoid, because heads is unfair.

Edited by Pipstickz

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1328310161' post='103357']
BHC competitors regain the ability to take heads from people when they sign up. So, that's how that works. Quite honestly though, MP5 HC has so few real competitors that it can be used to see who logs in most. With the BHC influence, at least there's some sort of competition, and it allows BHC to be more fast-paced, the downside being that HC drags way on. Whether it's good or bad overall comes down to opinion, and mine is that it is indeed a good thing. You said yourself, you've only lost heads to people not in HC, and you're still more than 5000 above second place. Unless you log out, you're almost sure to win. Just go (deep) into someplace BHC competitors can't go if you get some heads, and watch for teleports. Be paranoid, because heads is unfair.
[/quote]

I will, and thanks Pip. I liked the post and the way you put your opinion on the way things are. Maybe I will even try my hand and some of the people in the BHC ^^ Good bit of heads there!

Edited by Krioni

Heads contests are meant to be challenging. Being teleported back to central areas, clash between BHC and regular HC, and other general unfairness serves to keep the competition alive. Like Pip said, just be paranoid. I understand your frustration, but I also think you should just enjoy the ride. :) HC can be really fun.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1328310161' post='103357']
[/quote]

During Heads Contest, I log out when I would usually idle so that I don't accidentally win. Even now I'm 5th place.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i just wander why HC's 2nd phase is getting postponed. is this somehow connected to the same HC/BHC bug which has been screwing up with 2 last HCs? and who/why would like this to happen again?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i might be paranoid, but hey - it's a HC! right?[/font][/size]

Alright, I have a new concern, and this one is related to what I was pretty much told to do in this topic, which was to fight back and compete. I did, in fact, I went after the only MP5's fighting, the people in the BHC. It was people outside my competition that were taking mine anyway. And you know what? It was fun! I even managed to get some heads from them.

But then something happened. The competitors in the BHC that I attacked (Phantasm, and Nadrolski), fought back. Nadrolski I know pulled out, but then Phantasm gets disqualified for going after my heads? What? This seems to be the case of a is true, and not-a is also true. Is it alright to fight outside the competition, because it is unfair and competitive, or not?

[quote name='duxie' timestamp='1328340042' post='103380']
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i just wander why HC's 2nd phase is getting postponed. is this somehow connected to the same HC/BHC bug which has been screwing up with 2 last HCs? and who/why would like this to happen again?[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]i might be paranoid, but hey - it's a HC! right?[/font][/size]
[/quote]
HC second phase gets "postponed" because the BHC competitors keep taking heads from the people in the normal contest, and so the MP5 score can't get enough to initiate phase 2.

[quote name='Krioni' timestamp='1328378892' post='103422']
Alright, I have a new concern, and this one is related to what I was pretty much told to do in this topic, which was to fight back and compete. I did, in fact, I went after the only MP5's fighting, the people in the BHC. It was people outside my competition that were taking mine anyway. And you know what? It was fun! I even managed to get some heads from them.

But then something happened. The competitors in the BHC that I attacked (Phantasm, and Nadrolski), fought back. Nadrolski I know pulled out, but then Phantasm gets disqualified for going after my heads? What? This seems to be the case of a is true, and not-a is also true. Is it alright to fight outside the competition, because it is unfair and competitive, or not?
[/quote]
Phantasm should have followed the rules. You're allowed to go into the Tribunal, he was not.