Public Council

Chewett

• Root Admin

This is the thread for those applying to be a member of the public council.

[log='Announcement']Ann. 2703 - [2013-08-09 22:23:47 - Stage 12]
Public Council
There is going to be a new experiment lead by myself, Chewett. I will be forming a public council that will act like the MD council, making decisions and directing coding work as they see fit. There will be a number of stipulations on their work, and some of the items they are informed of will be asked to be kept private. I will give a slice of my coding time entirely to them to perform any code or administrative changes to the game. They will have the power to ask any questions or work of me, however some questions will not get full answers. As with the MD council, coders will have a veto power in any situation where the requested work is technically unfeasible or will cause unwanted consequences.

The idea to trial a public council was discussed by Mur, the council and I. This is an experiment to see how the public reacts with having a public council and how the council members work. Provided that you keep secret everything told to you, labelled as secret, then you are a possible member as this is the only requirement. This council will be formed of 4 members. One below 1 year active days, one below two years, and two of any age. The forum voting system will be used to vote. If you wish to participate make a forum post on this topic stating your playername, ID, Active Days and Reasons why people should vote for you. Do not write pages of information, keep it brief and to the point. Once a week has passed voting shall commence.

There will be various criteria for changing the council, i shall see how it progresses in its first months of inception and decide how it goes on from there.

This is a chance to have a public council, doing what you, the public, wants. Lets see if it can work.
~Chewett[/log]

Edited by Chewett

Rophs (ID:247146; Days:98)

Reasons:

• I'm brutally honest.
  • Keeping secrets is a field I certainly don't lack in.
  • I know quite a bit about programming.
  • MD is almost dead compared to how I remembered it when I played years ago. I want to personally make sure it gets fixed, being on public council will allow me to do that.

Edited by Rophs

Syrian

ID 245645

AD: 210

i would like to become more involved with MD an a whole, to work with people in hopefully making the realm better, im fairly active, though this is a pretty generic reason, but i suppose it should be said, i have the time to commit to the game, and the time to commit to such a council as well. keeping secrets is easy, but the hard part is working with people to reach constructive  results that would benefit the realm, and thats a challenge i would like to commit to, im fairly logical in my approach to things, and thats often a good thing when it comes to making unbiased decisions 

will probably update later as well

/Sy

EDIT: fixed AD

Edited by Syrian

• Root Admin

I must add that being selected as part of the public council is not some sort of global unquestionable sign of deserved appreciation for your activity in md... having 10000ad or a profile full of badges won't automatically qualify you... we need fresh minds able to judge both young and ancient players. I will pick one of the members myself, and even if i won;t publicly name who, i can say my pick will not be common for the way i usually "award" people, because i do not see this as an award. The other public council member will be picked in other ways, by chew or current council, with their own reasoning

• Root Admin

I must add that being selected as part of the public council is not some sort of global unquestionable sign of deserved appreciation for your activity in md... having 10000ad or a profile full of badges won't automatically qualify you... we need fresh minds able to judge both young and ancient players. I will pick one of the members myself, and even if i won;t publicly name who, i can say my pick will not be common for the way i usually "award" people, because i do not see this as an award. The other public council member will be picked in other ways, by chew or current council, with their own reasoning

Yeah... about that, you need to reply to my email about this...

Yasrin Luvien

ID: 247111

AD: 70

I'm newer and therefore unbiased, as well as tending to be unbiased in general. I have few opinions on the younger or older players, and they (most likely) have none of me. I'm reasonable and good at keeping secrets. I'm also seeking further integration in MD, but I'll do that one way or another. I have no hidden motives for being on council, which is a good thing (I would imagine). I'm here to do, be that what it will.

• Root Admin

yeah, i misunderstood the way this public council is supposed to be selected. I WON'T be selecting any member, i will just "bet" on one of them. Apparently i am too used with controlling all the strings :D and i understand the point of this public council has nothing to do with that, so ignore my last post, i won;t interfere at all. Thanks chew for clarifying that for me.

• Root Admin

yeah, i misunderstood the way this public council is supposed to be selected. I WON'T be selecting any member, i will just "bet" on one of them. Apparently i am too used with controlling all the strings :D and i understand the point of this public council has nothing to do with that, so ignore my last post, i won;t interfere at all. Thanks chew for clarifying that for me.

For complete clarification, All positions will be VOTED in, by the public. Mur however skipped over this bit becuase he didnt like the concept of public getting some rights... What are these lovable dictators and their illusions of power like eh? :P

Junior

AD: 1651

I know a lot of people and i communicate mostly in private form because i value secrecy and loyalty so i wont divulge anything assigned to me etc. I have a few ideas that i would like to discuss and implement (with/out this "assignment.) I may not be active in regards to moving around and interacting but i do communicate with both  new and old players. Am older so i know what might be right and wrong to implement in the game and my view could possibly be of great help.

P.S.

Is this new "new responses, show me" thing new? if so nice addition.

P.S.S. Read about coding part- if coding experience is needed then nvm my application i  dont have a clue what a code is. <--Edit

Edited by Juni0r

• Root Admin

P.S.S. Read about coding part- if coding experience is needed then nvm my application i  dont have a clue what a code is. <--Edit

No coding experiance is needed, the part about coding is that, you have access to me to do all coding related changes you want, within reason.

Name: Aquellia
ID: 247948
AD: 40

I have never been on a concil or had any role related to such.

I do though posses the desire to take as many perspectives as I can into my opinion or decision of something. And in the cases that I am unsure of anything I will seek further information on something. I will always be open to more information if someone was to offer it. This and my lack of fraviourtism towards anyone would make me sufficeintly unbiased.

Aquellia

Name: Dragual Monarth

ID: 206015

AD: 551

I can certainly keep a secret. I do what I can to consider things from every angle, and am generally open-minded. Since this is a public task, I'd obviously be doing everything I can to express to the rest of the council all of the views I could, even if I were to disagree with said view. I believe it is important that my thoughts come second to that of the rest of the community since I am just one man, not several. (Though, I guess that's what it means to be "unbiased")

Tom Pouce ID:235946

Activity days: 98% (A total of 523 out of 536 days)

I give my candidature to that position

- I am confident to be able to keep private any things that i am told should be keep confidential
- I think myself having good of MD in my toughts
- I think i can be logical and try to logically weight arguments to reach an concentious
- I have some experience as player of online games, have seen things that had work in other games and  did not ... ill try to use that experience
- In my tought is new players, and making if possible things work right
- I am not part of any land or alliance, but try to make friend in each ones .. so i think myself not aligne
_ active

If chosen ill try my best

The great pashweetie

Active days 228/1195 days

ID:191895;

I never liked politics but here I go.

- I'm very understanding, I like to think of the small problems as well as the big ones.

- I never run out of things to say to people. Giving full answers is my specialty.

- I love to spend time and effort on things, if you want quick and speedy, I'm not the one for you.

- I have a very wide cultural understanding as well as a very deep respect for other cultures.

- I lately have had a lot of free time.

- I am very unbiased in any matters, I take no sides, any issues that would come to me would the absolutely fair in my vote. I sware on anything.

- I am willing to help in anyway

If chosen I honestly think you guys are crazy because I'm really not that qualified in many aspects of MD. BUUUT, if you do choose me I would be honored.

To be honest, I would have no greater honor. This would be my dream role.

Edited by The Great Pashweetie

This is the thread for those applying to be a member of the public council.

[log='Announcement']Ann. 2703 - [2013-08-09 22:23:47 - Stage 12]
Public Council
There is going to be a new experiment lead by myself, Chewett. I will be forming a public council that will act like the MD council, making decisions and directing coding work as they see fit. There will be a number of stipulations on their work, and some of the items they are informed of will be asked to be kept private. I will give a slice of my coding time entirely to them to perform any code or administrative changes to the game. They will have the power to ask any questions or work of me, however some questions will not get full answers. As with the MD council, coders will have a veto power in any situation where the requested work is technically unfeasible or will cause unwanted consequences.

The idea to trial a public council was discussed by Mur, the council and I. This is an experiment to see how the public reacts with having a public council and how the council members work. Provided that you keep secret everything told to you, labelled as secret, then you are a possible member as this is the only requirement. This council will be formed of 4 members. One below 1 year active days, one below two years, and two of any age. The forum voting system will be used to vote. If you wish to participate make a forum post on this topic stating your playername, ID, Active Days and Reasons why people should vote for you. Do not write pages of information, keep it brief and to the point. Once a week has passed voting shall commence.

There will be various criteria for changing the council, i shall see how it progresses in its first months of inception and decide how it goes on from there.

This is a chance to have a public council, doing what you, the public, wants. Lets see if it can work.
~Chewett[/log]

I like the idea of having some public Council. Just a doubt: What happens to current secret council?

Jester, ID 77557, AD 1053

I haven't been very active lately but that's because I haven't had anything to do (nobody to joke with or goals to work on). I'm ridiculously active when I have reason to be.

Reasons I could be on the council if people wanted to vote for me:

-I don't want power and I don't expect anything from this council except to have a better MD at the end (even if I'm not on the council).

-I've practiced and learned how to reach compromises, its one of the skills that's served me best in MD to date.

-I want everybody to come away happy with the changes made, not me or my favorite people.

-I've come up with quite a few ideas for MD months before they were actually implemented in game.

-I can come up with simple ideas to problems that seem complicated.

-I'm very good at keeping secrets that need to be kept.

I don't really expect to be voted for but if those reasons sound like something you want in a council member, I'm your Jester

Edited by Jester

Name: Sunfire
Ad: about 1030 (will check when i have computeraccess again) 90%
Id: 197614

I have silently observed this realm for a long time and it has teached me alot. I have decided it is time to step out of the shadow and return what i can to the realm and its people.

Why i would be a good choice:
i am patient
I strive to let reason go over hunches
I think beyond ideas, i think about the consequences
i am honest
I wish to see md grow beyond its borders

If i get selected i will do my very best to fulfill the task and carry the responsibility wisely
I am not looking for power, i want only to serve you, all of you

Name: Rikstar
ID: 132384
AD: 192 out of 1654 that is 12 percent.

I want to be in the public council so that this project does not get doomed, I will strive for building a good foundation on which we can build later on. I will not put a fancy list of my qualities here, in my opinion you should meet a person to know him/her. So I invite you to come to GoE so you can ask question about this matter to me. Or just have a conversation.