Ann 4268

Ungod

Hi all,

I'm writing this post to gather positive reputation, that's the only reason, I swear!

I think it's a great idea for more spelldocs to be added. I read the samples on the frontpage of MD now and then, and the more the better...I don't know if they will be used, though. But you can still write a bit, Mur, it won't hurt.

Problem i feel it will cause though is that most spell docs now are unavailable due to inactive players holding them. (unless im wrong) Who's to say these new docs wont end up the same?

I would love to see some way a player can obtain these docs publicly , maybe through the research clues they get lead somewhere to obtain a doc. IDK just a wild idea

If you (Mur) are inspired to write more spell docs, then capitalize on that inspiration, totally!

Now let's jump into the future for a second: Assuming more spell docs have been written and there's a way to distribute them in place again, I'd also like to see an implemented system for performing inner magic. It would make sense to have such a feature use the Research and Connections interface with some slight alterations.

• Root Admin
3 hours ago, Blackshade Rider said:

Problem i feel it will cause though is that most spell docs now are unavailable due to inactive players holding them. (unless im wrong) Who's to say these new docs wont end up the same?

I would love to see some way a player can obtain these docs publicly , maybe through the research clues they get lead somewhere to obtain a doc. IDK just a wild idea

There are a number of perma quests for about 3 or 4. I assume you have missed them?

I support the idea of spell-docs being more available since, as Chew said, only 3-4 are obtainable at the moment, at best.

On the other hand, I see spell-docs as useless at the moment (and quite frankly I cannot recall any spell doc being used at all in years). RP is dead. Nothing is happening. Why invest time in something that has never actually been used and that is unlikely to ever be used in the foreseeable future? 

Correct me if I am wrong, but also, since spell docs are ultimately just fancy RP, why invest time and effort in them at all? Do they actually hold any objective power, or is it all down to someone just respecting what you do with a spell doc if they feel like it?

Lately (meaning the past few years) I have become a collector. More spell docs? Bring them on! At this point I kind of lost hope for any old work beeing finished so I will take what I can no matter what the process of getting that (automatic or with human intervention). 

Edited by dst

I agree with DST.  Many projects on the board to be done in the past have long been undone by most all of us people of MD.  Perhaps this would be a good leap tward moving into a new start that would help revitalize the place.