Cross Mind Power Theory

Fang Archbane

For the lack of partners ... sure, I know how that is, I've grown some characters to MP5 in recent few years, I know how lack of players prevents you from getting from MP3 to MP4 in under one day. But then ... you are not supposed to rush through MP levels or you'll complain about unfairness of the big stats in MP5.

And there is always that solution of helping with alts if you really want to. Check the rules about using them though.

As for fight and run from an MP3 ... get serious. Your worst random ritual has high chances on winning such fight. Meaning that in order for an MP3 to win against an MP4 or MP5 would be a consensual lose from the higher MP ... and that is translated into free stats.

Let them grow naturally.

24 minutes ago, samon said:

I can tell you out of experience that this is not the case, it might deter some people, but moist don't seem to care much. 

Ofcourse. One that is close to your near 1000 extra losses would lose ... lets say 50-100 honor to attack you but would gain 200-400 from attacking a balanced player, so ... easy gain for them from everybody. But then they aren't  really interested in the mechanics of fights, just easy gain.   

16 hours ago, No one said:

There are already methods to reset your VP.

I know that i can, but im MP5. At MP4 it becomes doable but difficult. At MP3 this isnt an option, so your argument is invalid.

If you haven't experienced the negative 2-5million VP then you experienced anything in MD and you haven't tried to find a solution nor you worked for it. A clickie is a begger's choice, don't go there. We already have those lame shoes.

Ive had over -10M Vp, what are you talking about?... try angering Eon and having him Single Daemon Mirror your defenses post burst.

Cross MP fights ... yea, like that will be fair.

It can be, assuming (which i shouldnt do) we work towards it instead of give cop out replies like "like that will be fair".

How would you consider a fair fight between a new born baby (aka noob, aka MP3) and and a bull (aka less then average MP5) ? like : "please don't" or "may I touch you?" or ...

...wth ? are you crazy ? there is a reason why there are MP levels in place : to filter players to their own level (of skill and /or stats). It is for their own protection or the players around them.

By removing all stats/tokens/combo counter, we make the fight "more fair". I never said it was fully a fair fight, even if the name of the ability being activated does imply such, its just a "more fair fight" than prior. Please dont assume im saying things, you know that old saying.

More fair then a cross MP fight would be a clickie that you can push once every 5 minutes and you get random skills. That would be more fair.

I dont understand what this is saying exactly, and im trying my best not to assume things as of late, so until you can clarify ill leave it alone.

nobody is crazy enough to attach you once you are that far below, they'd get negative honor in no time

Except those in alliances, where the personal win/loss record and honor gained/won doesnt actually matter. Argment also invalid.

So ... skill damage there is mandatory, otherwise ppl would just wander way too far down.

I agree its mandatory, i do not agree that it fixes the problem of wins to loss ratio.

Unfortunately there is nothing to force a player to move out of the "red" zone like : having 900+ extra loses would give you a daily bonus of ever increasing negative stat. That way you either die at 0 stats or you fight to get out.

That still wouldnt work to deter, and the why is too close to my heart for me to want to explain it so, figure it out.

And I write this separately as it needs special attention: there is/was one other precedence for this cross MP fight(er) and if you don't know it ... you should research for it (pointing at Fang).

Being as he is, Fang, in his way is asking for just this : free stats.

If you (Fang) want to teach players in other MPs to fight (like anyone would believe you know how), you should create new characters (YES ALTS) and teach them.

If you want spar with some friends of yours in low MPs (meaning MP4), push them to an alliance. But then ... good luck finding an alliance to trust you in.

TLDR: there are other ways for an MP3/4 to learn to fight or to grow other then you begging for them.

Maybe you missed that part where i became a PermaHeat Capped MP6 at 70M Heat and have stopped trying to get stats myself. Maybe you missed that part where im now only training others in hardcore stats, not myself, as i literally can not do so, and did that so that when this type of argument came up, i could easily point them to the obvious fact that they are assuming a lot and saying a lot more about themselves for judging me out of context and far out of time frame than they could ever say about myself. Maybe you missed that part where im MP6 and i no longer care for battle, since im going to stay an MP6 even if i drop on occasion a day here or there. Maybe you missed the part where i dont use Alts, only my Main for obvious reasons ive stated prior and dont feel like repeating. Maybe you missed the part where ive perfected fighting to the best of my abilities, and have figured out a way on my own to gift massive stats a day even if the other player is idle due to life and work, since i believe everyone deserves a fair chance. Maybe you missed the part where ive offered to hardcore train Eon, since hes got no one left to grind on due to his Stat Damage detterent. Maybe you missed the part where ive been an MR Frat member and a proud Golemian for a good long time now, and only leave on occasion to help with some Testing and only with Permission. Maybe you missed the part where im not begging, and whether i get what i ask for or not, will in no way deter me from my goals for they are steadfast and unbreakable.

Maybe you missed all of that, and maybe you didnt, it doesnt affect me either way No One.
Im the Twilight Equilibrium Fang, an unbreakable force that will get his way with Unity & Love.
Welcome to the New Age No One, i hope you enjoy it as much as i know my Children and i have been.

Edited by Fang Archbane

7 hours ago, No one said:

Cross MP fights ... yea, like that will be fair.

How would you consider a fair fight between a new born baby (aka noob, aka MP3) and and a bull (aka less then average MP5) ? like : "please don't" or "may I touch you?" or ...

Skill damage for 1000+ loses ... well, I think you all avoid a spoiler when you omit the real reason for wanting to stay at that many loses:

• the skills you get by winning ANY fight even a non-damage one.
  • nobody is crazy enough to attach you once you are that far below, they'd get negative honor in no time

Cross MP fights: I'm not asking for fairness exactly I am proposing they allow fighting across mind power levels, mainly so new players will have more people they can actually fight, instead of waiting until mp5 to be able to fight the majority of the playerbase or ask someone to log into an alt. Logging into alts is archaic and not something you should have to do as a workaround to help these new players in my opinion. As far as not having fairness in these x-mindpower fights, I wouldn't mind that. But I am much more interested in the "fair fights" mechanics for these fights. It won't be fair, hardly anything is ever fair, but it's better than nothing.

Skill damage: I can tell you right now that people will in fact attack you, mostly alliance members but even non alliance members can balance their honor if they have other targets to attack at the same time. My negative stats go to show this: https://magicduel.com/players/Mallos&override=true
For my reasoning for being at this low losses? I want negative stats, simply put. Take this to mean not everyone has the same wills/intentions/motivations. Not everyone wants stats.  " But then they aren't  really interested in the mechanics of fights, just easy gain." Not everyone has the same interests either, and putting interests in other peoples mouths is not a business people should take up. Attack the argument not the arguer.

6 hours ago, No one said:

For the lack of partners ... sure, I know how that is, I've grown some characters to MP5 in recent few years, I know how lack of players prevents you from getting from MP3 to MP4 in under one day. But then ... you are not supposed to rush through MP levels or you'll complain about unfairness of the big stats in MP5.

As for fight and run from an MP3 ... get serious. Your worst random ritual has high chances on winning such fight. Meaning that in order for an MP3 to win against an MP4 or MP5 would be a consensual lose from the higher MP ... and that is translated into free stats.

Let them grow naturally.

Big stats in mp5 is something that will be (as I understand it) gained over much time and hard work, and whether or not you went to mp5 from mp3 in one day should not stop you from reaching these big stats. People have had their stats reset and still regained them. It won't be fair to be at mp5 with low stats but it's not fair to say you needed a cushion or a reprieve from having to fight against big stats, if you disallow others to fight if they so choose.

Yes and so what if a new player has to ask a mp5 to set up a tree to get that consensual win, do we not have scores of players at mp5 all setting trees and popes in defense to win/lose as they and others see fit? I see the combat system as a two player system, attacker and defender, and there is a balance to be had there. There is never free stats. It's earned stats.

"There are already methods to reset your VP.If you haven't experienced the negative 2-5million VP then you experienced anything in MD and you haven't tried to find a solution nor you worked for it. A clickie is a begger's choice, don't go there. We already have those lame shoes."

To this I have but a few comments, mp3s have much trouble gaining vp and an mp4 that cant upgrade his creatures or recruit creatures so to be able to effectively gain VP cannot, well, easily gain VP. So if this cross mindpower level fights were to be implemented then it is somewhat of a necessity that new players would have a way to regain their VP so they dont have to wait around for weeks wondering why their game is broken.. And a clicky to set it to 1k is about as reasonable as it gets. Tell me how this would be abused, as I am unaware, and then I can reconsider. Also, I know what negative VP is like and have had well within the range you state, -2 to -5 million VP before. In fact due to my negative stats every few steps I lose around 170 VP and it can quickly plummet me into the negatives without much real effort combat wise. While it is easy enough for me to either wait it to regain to positive or fix my VE through combat, I cannot say a new player has these privileges of knowledge and ability to do so.

valuepoints.jpg

Edited by Mallos

My apologies Mallos. Yes, there are those that don't want any stats. My mistake.

In RL ppl may call those few as "losers", but in MD that is just a personal choice, so : my apologies for forgetting your type of players.

On the other hand, you choosing to have no stats should not imply that the same state should be imposed to others or the lower MPs to be exposed to whim of higher MPs. As some said, if one really wants (s)he can get to MP4 in an alliance.

@Fang Archbane, sure, you were in alliances before, it doesn't mean that you're welcomed back.

As for the new age and you children ... one can only hope they stick with MD.

I can only assume you mean this definition of loser: "a person or thing that is put at a disadvantage by a particular situation or course of action." As far as my negative stats go, I am not put at a disadvantage for having negative stats, in fact there are strict advantages for me. If you do not know what I am talking about you are either unable to comprehend or have "forgotten".

Me choosing to have no stats has no bearing on this topic at large, asides from me refuting your point that everyone wants stats. I do not say that everyone or anyone should have no stats. The only "no stats" that I'm advocating for here is the "fair fights" system which limits the stats of the players during combat. And the reason for me wanting this fair fight system has nothing to do with my lack of stats, it's because it is the most evident/sensible (in my opinion) way to fix the imbalance of combat between mind power levels.

Combat is and has been my favorite part of MagicDuel since I started and it is one of the reasons I am still here. I think the system is good as is. But when we look at mp3 and mp4 and we see how few players we have in the realm now as compared to years past, it is absolutely undeniable that there is less mp3 and mp4 players to attack nowadays, and there is less alliances for these mp4s to join to be able to spar with the rest of the population, if you're lucky enough to even fit into one of these alliances. Players should not be cut off from participating in such an integral part of the game until they can manage to hit mind power 5 or ask players to log alts in for them for a short time. I know the system has worked fine in the past, but we must move forward and consider change.

Please allow all mind power levels to attack eachother.

@No oneOne can hope they stick with MD but excuse me and I paraphrase you once said your reason for staying in MD was so you could "get as many people to leave the game as possible so they can go do better things with their life than to play magicduel" Would be really fun if i could pull that up in screenies but I don't care to look and it was probably years ago, so here's my attack on you no one since you so like personal attacks.

Edited by Mallos

I already note there were a system whereby all may attack those of the Second Mind-Power - Empty Aramors and Shades.

If Mur were to change the bonuses that were given to the Second Mind-Power when fighting so that it were within the means of one of the Third and Fourth Mind-Power to be able to defeat them, then one of the Third and Fourth Mind-Powers may then attack them in the meantime to gain heat and experience to ascend.

I see little use in the presence of the many of the Second Mind-Power within the realm otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Aia del Mana said:

I already note there were a system whereby all may attack those of the Second Mind-Power - Empty Aramors and Shades.

If Mur were to change the bonuses that were given to the Second Mind-Power when fighting so that it were within the means of one of the Third and Fourth Mind-Power to be able to defeat them, then one of the Third and Fourth Mind-Powers may then attack them in the meantime to gain heat and experience to ascend.

I see little use in the presence of the many of the Second Mind-Power within the realm otherwise.

The aramors/shades/tiny men are defeatable at mp3, might not be easy but it's not impossible, and at mp4 they are quite easily defeatable. The problem with this idea is that, they are only attackable once if you win. Meaning even the 100 or so mp2 accounts around the realm like this will not be suffice to propel you to mp5. That is also if you don't mind not being able to see these creatures again after you have defeated them until you advance mindpower levels, which is a choice that should be made not forced.

Edited by Mallos

• Root Admin
7 hours ago, Mallos said:

The aramors/shades/tiny men are defeatable at mp3, might not be easy but it's not impossible, and at mp4 they are quite easily defeatable. The problem with this idea is that, they are only attackable once if you win. Meaning even the 100 or so mp2 accounts around the realm like this will not be suffice to propel you to mp5. That is also if you don't mind not being able to see these creatures again after you have defeated them until you advance mindpower levels, which is a choice that should be made not forced.

I believe the advice of about the MP2's are not to attack them as because how they were set up they were able to remove some crucial keys (technical thing) from your accounts and cause it to stop functioning.

I fixed up a lot of these aramors so they dont but some might have been missed...

Ok my misunderstanding and perhaps I'm still a bit confused, and not to spam this topic with my replies but I see making the aramors/etc attackable repeatedly a possible solution to this problem of mp3s/4s not being able to gain enough heat/wins to upgrade... I say possible, it can fix the issue but it's not elegant far from it. It just makes a whole mess of other issues then like wasn't it intended for there to be no combat dummies like that, people would sit and train on them all day.

If attacking the Shades, or Empty Aramors, or Tiny Men, doth result in one's self being unable to access the realm, I must inquire - wherefore were it that the realm doth allow one to attack them? Furthermore, I would ask, what were the purpose of their being? They yet remain silent, and increaseth burden upon the server of the realm.

I believe that the fairest way that one should be able to attack another, of another Mind-Power, were to enable a "fair fight" betwixt those of different Mind-Power, such as that were in the Boss Heads Contest, with either of the following also in place:

1. Combat between those of different Mind-Power that may be initiated only of those with lesser Mind-Power

2. Creatures no longer require ascension in Mind-Power to advance.

I would that one doth learn of the combat system well afore ascension of the Mind. Although one needs not focus heavily on't, as the realm doth offer much more than combat, as one doth approach the Fifth Mind-Power one must necessarily invite attacks from those of similar ascension.

A bit off topic but as is mentioned here ... , about this part of Mallos' comment:

Hide contents

@No oneOne can hope they stick with MD but excuse me and I paraphrase you once said your reason for staying in MD was so you could "get as many people to leave the game as possible so they can go do better things with their life than to play magicduel" Would be really fun if i could pull that up in screenies but I don't care to look and it was probably years ago, so here's my attack on you no one since you so like personal attacks.

Yes, I'd all like to see that "screenies" , especially with my name on it. Otherwise you should get your facts straight and stop placing words & actions on my name.

Edited by No one
shitty editor