Complaint on "One Man, Many voices" AL

No one

Consider this as a formal complaint against the AL "One Man, Many voices" organizers.

True, AL should be possible and should impact the game play of others.

So, considering that:

• altars are one of the top most important parts of MD
    • directly blocking character improvements by getting/exchanging current creatures and by blocking the stats from the currently available creatures
  • there has been no progress on this for a too long time in this AL
    • 3 months already since last post
  • the altars have been stopped for no reason - as there is no info in AL yet as for the altars to be blocked .
    • in the AL timeline you could have added an action which would have blocked them, but this is not the case (as I see)

I request :

• a symbolic punishment for the AL driver - regardless on which of the following actions will be taken
  • restoration of the altars (until their blockage is really needed)
  • and/or action on AL :
    • stopping the AL and thus restoring the status of MD
    • OR somebody else to take over the AL so that it would bring it to its end

BigC doesn't need my help.

MD is being shut down in the name of a "quest".

@Nava: you should try to know be better. I don't demand. I don't request. I point out.

If MD wants a new player pool, the game has to be opened.
If MD wants to keep its current players ... it just needs to be playable.

So, keep MD available or MD will wither faster.

@Nava: if you like that thing called RP, fine, then you play that game. For me, maybe others too, RP is just junk. Thank you for the advice Nava I'll just say pass.

the issue as i see it is that( as far as i observed this), that the playerbase is not accepting your RP adventure or declines what is happening

good RP is to make people believe what you RP is the reality they live in (or pretend to play in/ or play in / whatever you want to call it)

so i can see two things happening:

• keep doing what you do and the playerbase will boycott what you do, since they dont feel like it/dont accept it

• you change your plan a little bit to make it easier for people to get into this adventure/story so they can accept it and be part of it

I enjoyed the AL and was really interested to see where it was going, especially when the altars stopped working. What I don't enjoy is it being dragged out with no activity for so long. Thanks to your little 'jolly' what has happened to things like TTC? What happens to the couple new players trying to train who hit the heat cap but don't have the VE to drop in a reasonable time? Forget them, they and everyone else are just ignorant and can't see the *cough* solid foundation.

No, No One, I mean the people messing in Necro should keep him company ;)

1 hour ago, Nava said:

There is a way to affect the AL.  And this isn't it. It all must be done in game and you must treat the current circumstances as real, as they are very much real in the game world where you exist.  That is why a thread such as this has a minimal impact compared to actually engaging the problem in game.

Trouble is, unless given meta knowledge by those who were there, nobody else can join in the AL because the AL still hasn't caught up to the actual reality of the game. The Red Service is months since over yet the AL is still stuck covering the middle of it:

Spoiler

Page 564 [2018-07-27 17:14:09 - One Man, Many voices]
Fighting over the old man, hounds for scraps of experience and lusted power, the shades fought to maintain the link to the him. Eager to feed on the rage of combat promised for them. The reinforced barrier allowing him to be present outside the wall clouded their ability to control him. Each shade feeling something akin to emotion. Lust overpowered confusion and they pushed what power they had into the frail being.

It has indeed been dragging on for too long. It would be understandable if the organizers were still waiting for MRF to return, since he was one of us "summoners" and he did have a task of finding some mp3's to spar with in Necrovion in front of the Little Old Man. MRF worked separately and his efforts at the time were overshadowed by all the hype about the Eclipse. However, even if MRF returned now, it would be a separate arc, especially with the Little Old Man changed to what it is now. As such, how many months should it take for the AL to at least finish the Red Service arc when there's already a log of it posted up on the forums? How many remember the green text message right after the ceremony pointing at the dark clouds gathering above Necrovion? Did anything even happen there then or was it just a false foreshadow?

As for the altars being blocked... It's a terrible choice either way. If they are meant to be restored by the players, then the clues given for that are too scarce for RP right now. If it is a story element, then it has outstayed its welcome in an arc that should already be finished. If it is just meant to cause an uproar later to get some fire going when the action dies down... well, congrats, it kind of did that but at what cost.

9 hours ago, Lintara said:

[...] The Red Service is months since over yet the AL is still stuck covering the middle of it.

Reveal hidden contents

Page 564 [2018-07-27 17:14:09 - One Man, Many voices]
Fighting over the old man, hounds for scraps of experience and lusted power, the shades fought to maintain the link to the him. Eager to feed on the rage of combat promised for them. The reinforced barrier allowing him to be present outside the wall clouded their ability to control him. Each shade feeling something akin to emotion. Lust overpowered confusion and they pushed what power they had into the frail being.

[...] How many remember the green text message right after the ceremony pointing at the dark clouds gathering above Necrovion? Did anything even happen there then or was it just a false foreshadow?

Although I'm not the mind behind the latest AL chapter, I'm one of the pawns on its chessboard and perhaps the last person who spoke with the Old Man.

I won't comment on the complaint and the requests. I feel the current situation should be addressed in game, therefore this thread might be a good chance to be all on the same page.

The log below was taken in Necrovion, during the total eclipse and right after the Red Service.

Please note it was at that time the Old Man changed its form (name, mind power and land affiliation).

: The Red Service will be held 20:00 at Gazebo of Gravitational Sound Interior, A jumplink is available now
: The sky across MD darkens slightly
: The sky over MD lightens again, however the deepest of storm clouds are forming over Necrovion.

(note: The Old Man, who had left his circle inside Necrovion, is now back and shows the first changes)
lashtal: Changes in Mind Power and land affiliation... How interesting...
lashtal: Is that because of the eclipse?
: .Little Old Man. looks partially transparent
.Little Old Man.: THEY KILLED HIM
.Little Old Man.: IT IS JUST US NOW
.Little Old Man.: SHOUTS: Our human counterpart is dead!
lashtal: Isn't it what you were looking for?
.Little Old Man.: THEY WILL PAY
lashtal: I'm confused... How did you exit your circle and joined them?
lashtal: I thought you were safe in Necrovion
.Shadowy Old Man.: THEY CALLED US
.Shadowy Old Man.: BLOOD WAS LET
.Shadowy Old Man.: WE WERE TRICKED
.Shadowy Old Man.: TALK TO MRF
.Shadowy Old Man.: WE MUST SPEAK TO HIM

What happened outside Necrovion is known to most of you: MRF found what he was asked to but then he seems to be vanished.

Facts that might or might not be related to all this: MRF is not the only one who disappeared from sight, the Children of the Eclipse alliance (who got restored after the Red Service) got disbanded and its leader murdered.

p.s. Mods feel free to move this post if you think it's too far from the thread's original purpose.

On 10/25/2018 at 3:53 PM, No one said:

I request :

• a symbolic punishment for the AL driver - regardless on which of the following actions will be taken
  • restoration of the altars (until their blockage is really needed)
  • and/or action on AL :
    • stopping the AL and thus restoring the status of MD
    • OR somebody else to take over the AL so that it would bring it to its end
On 10/28/2018 at 9:42 PM, No one said:

@Nava: you should try to know be better. I don't demand. I don't request. I point out.

Just to point out a slight discrepancy there. 

I slightly agree with NoOne here. If I may point out the obvious here and without meaning to be rude or disrespectful to anyone, I think the issue with this instalment of the AL is that it seems to be targetted specifically at a handful of people (I'd say 2-3) and while it affects the entire community it doesn't involve the entire community, or the involvement is superfluous at best. It feels like it's just to keep appearances up.

I was there at the Red Service and perhaps I should have voiced my dissatisfaction at the time. I don't know how the others present felt, but to me it felt like it wouldn't have made any difference whether there were 2 or 20 people there, as the entire event was addressed entirely to Aia. It made the community involvement feel like an afterthought rather than a driver for the ritual.

To whom it may concern, please consider I am not pointing fingers, I am trying to highlight what I find to be an issue with the AL at the moment. 

Currently I agree that the altars not being functional is a bit excessive as that takes away a large portion of the combat system, being unable to recruit further and sacrifice creatures that you've been training being the main issues. If any character needs to lose heat I have had a heat loss ritual set consistently for a while now,  and I'm rather active so I can help you build a combo ritual if you want.

On one side I see how it can be annoying without the altars, but on the other I see some emphasis on player interactions as far as heat loss goes and further for wanting players to band together to fix the altars. I'm conflicted as on an individual level worse things have happened to players in the name of roleplay, although I don't agree with detriments as opposed to benefits to emphasize activity/effort. I would be more open to the altars being broken if we were shown why or if it was mentioned in the Adventure Log in some way, as it hasn't been yet. I'm open to seeing where it goes and for that reason I don't agree on any punishment towards the organizers, I'm just glad we have more of the AL to read as it has been years since the last edition.

______

As for the community aspect, I have really yet to see  any sort of ingame activity in regards to the AL.There was the eclipse where the old man showed up in some sort of support for Aia and that is nice but somewhat unrelated as the eclipse effort has been long awaited if rather renewed lately. The old man has also appeared around Necrovion I guess. I went into Necrovion myself and offered blood  but I was on a side mission really, to help Fang Archbane, so my character (not that I roleplay much, he's kinda just me...) really has yet to see any sort of AL happenings as I was not around during the blood service.

We had the PM conversation related to the AL, but I dislike confining these subjects to PMs which will remain hidden. I much prefer these topics to be discussed openly so we can all see and look back on them, hopefully learning something in the future. Much like these topics:

^Somewhat unrelated, and rather related:

So if people want my (and others) thoughts and opinions I request you would make dedicated topics such as these so we can all input openly. Now I really must agree that we should bring these things ingame whenever possible, talk to eachother ingame and try to create events to make more things move forward. The forum is a good resource but shouldn't replace the game, and I suppose vice versa.

*voice from the off*

You all probably realized that i turned into a silent reader a rather long while back, but 'taking it to the game' is nigh impossible currently. As of this moment (which used to be a good time to be online), there's 14 people logged in, 7 of them idle. You seriously can't expect people to wait around for the exact right people to play with and do nothing meanwhile, there needs to be some stuff people can do on their own while hanging around. Otherwise they won't hang around long enough to find any catch to push the story off.

I admit that i wouldn't even know about the fact that the altar is closed if it weren't for this thread, but that's because i don't have time to even play by myself... :(

*voice goes into the off again*

5 hours ago, Nava said:

Once the A25 tools are ready and a team is created, perhaps the goings ons in the AL can be more filled with quests, adventures, and events, that are interwoven into the AL in one way or another. 

That's bs. It doesn't adress the current issue. Plus, as lashtal and Lintara said, we are waaay behind today's events in the AL.

Although I am like Burns here with little time to play (meh...sometimes I believe that it's also a lack of motivation but that's my fault) I still don't think the current situation is helping the game.

Personally I think AL is a bunch of cr** and that we could do just fine without it but if you (=whoever resurrected/written/maintained the story) started it, it would be common sense to continue and eventually finish it.

I'd like to spend some time and explain to you what I said above (the same way like I do with my less gifted peers) but why bother? You still cannot do anything although you've named yourself the puppet master (the ones that cannot do, teach :D:D ).

Edited by dst

10 hours ago, Nava said:

Patience, dst.

Oh..I think I am the most patient person in this whole MD but this is not about that. It's about the fact that I called on your bs and now you are trying to bs me some more. Basically what 95% of MD population is doing: bragging with no real support. Because why not? Words don't cost anything.

I'd like to refute your presumptuous claims a bit, I know you think highly of yourself dst but thinking doesn't make things true. Now you're here essentially arguing in favor of continuing the AL as it would be common sense while simultaneously telling people they can't do anything and I assume by upvotes agreeing with subverting the process of (patiently, I might add) returning the altars back to a functional state through the actions of people within the AL, so consistency  out the window now. I'd suggest you either relearn about the MD community or learn to be less critical.

Currently there is a pm group of people that had some very interesting input on the AL of late and while they might not be taking it ingame so much it is at least something. 70% of all statistics are made up, I don't see where the 95% came from, most players seem rather engaged when they say something and we see Nava at least trying to get some activity going among others like Aia who rallied for the Eclipse back. I'm sure some amount of bragging is always going to happen but I don't think it is a rampant issue, a lot of players have achieved good things through real effort and we still see a lot of it today, take the Gateway Island guardians as an example or the Necrovion Death Patrol.

Now maybe we can get back on topic a bit, I'd still like to see more action rather than a complaint. In fact I have an idea that I am mulling over and might post soon.

after a brief skim through this thread, i think the main issue with this Al segment comes from just how limiting it is for the whole realm, if it was just a small change in how the game plays for others then the impact might not have been so severe, however, its affecting gameplay for those not involved, and have no way to get involved.

i'm all for elements that affect the realm as they do bring life to the game in some aspects, but this current Al is doing the opposite, its locking down one of the main things that are keeping some of the players active here. a story should enhance the game, not limit it, provide discussion, not opposition.

that being said, why cant a compromise be made? even if it's just opening up one altar somewhere, even if it's just for a brief moment every so often, just to allow both things to exist. does it fit the "lore" of the quest? i dont know, but it would make the the state of the game easier to swallow for the people who want to participate in the aspect of the game that is now locked.

new players who come to the game may want to change out their creatures or play around with these features, and cannot do so beacuse of a situation they cant participate in, i feel like a temporary solution should be reached. i'm sure there exists some solution that allows both parties to participate in the areas of the game they want to, without treading on the feet of the other.

Edited by Syrian

old players too (would like to change their creatures).
I think these events should be kept for those that subscribe to them and not to be forced on everybody ... especially when there is nothing beneficial in this AL for the rest of MD.

As I see it, this is becoming a duplicate of PO's mass dream (to be read abuse).