Proclamation regarding death of Else

Chewett

• Root Admin

As Duke of the East I wish to make a statement about the death of Else.

Else has been killed by Granos after being hired by Lashtal.

After speaking with Else his statement is regarding this is:

1 hour ago, Else said:

I do trespass a lot, mainly for the land affinity (need to recruit swordshade/horseman) and to charge AP to recruit many remains to increase max ve, but again that should be none of Granos business.

Else's concern is the following:  

1 hour ago, Else said:

I mean I do understand him putting a bounty on my head, the issue is who takes it, since Granos is a citizen of a land, he is a LotE citizen killing a MDA citizen.

Granos, as our my citizens, are free to perform their services.

Lashtal is free to order bounties as they feel fit, especially for those who repeatedly trespass and accept the danger.

Since Else admits to trespassing they have therefore accepted the danger of their actions and no further action is needed.

Do i understand this correctly that Lashtal let Else be killed out of personal reasons then, since the deathguard is only allowed to kill within necro and has no jurisdiction outside its borders, not as part of his death guard role?

• Root Admin
1 minute ago, MaGoHi said:

Do i understand this correctly that Lashtal let Else be killed out of personal reasons then, since the deathguard is only allowed to kill within necro and has no jurisdiction outside its borders, not as part of his death guard role?

I make no comment on the reasons for it is not my business as King and Grand Duke.

The danger of trespassing should be inside NC, I was killed in GOE, not in NC.  If you let your citizens kill for profit its up to you, however, as MDA citizen I kindly request @Muratus del Mur for a second opinion and action on my case since MDA citizen affairs goes to Chew/Mur .

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4196

I request a res and teleport to GOE as a MDA citizen killed in GOE.

[Note from Lasthal, giving his version:]

Quite unfortunate, I must admit.
Else is indeed under my protection for the week.
This means neither samon nor myself would have killed him.

Quite the contrary, I'm starting to like him.
Consider I offered him my autograph so he could pay for his stay, yesterday he started my spell-doc quest... 
All in all, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

However, a closer look on Else's public log would reveal this:

lashtal about Else
~ Day: 273 Year: 15 ~ Found trespassing in Necrovion. 
~ Day: 82 Year: 16 ~ Note to self: kill on sight. 
~ Day: 144 Year: 16 ~ Necrovion guest for one week.

So, Else's death sentence was written over 2 months ago, for repeated trespassing. The fact he met his doom today is pure coincidence.

I'll bring him flowers. 
Others will soon keep him company.

All the best, 
lashtal

• Root Admin
18 minutes ago, Else said:

The danger of trespassing should be inside NC, I was killed in GOE, not in NC.  If you let your citizens kill for profit its up to you, however, as MDA citizen I kindly request @Muratus del Mur for a second opinion and action on my case since MDA citizen affairs goes to Chew/Mur .

I am speaking with Mur.

3 minutes ago, Chewett said:

I make no comment on the reasons for it is not my business as King and Grand Duke.

the point i wanted to make is that i dont see this as a reasonable action from a death guard if it was done as role fulfillment, hence asking if its personal, because personal is acceptable

17 minutes ago, Chewett said:

Since Else admits to trespassing they have therefore accepted the danger of their actions and no further action is needed.

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/3880

also it states that the deathpatrol is not allowed to kill outside of NC, the wording  "There is NO rule to prevent you to go inside, it is difficult but it is possible, and the patrol might or might not be always there. however if you get caught, you get killed. " does not prohibit people from entering NC just states that you will be killed when you are indside and caught, furthermore "Necrovion death patrol is not allowed to kill outside the patrolled land. " states and is widely understood that the death patrol is only allowed to kill you within NC, meaning their duty ends once you leave the land, if Else was killed in official matter by Lasthal being a death patrol and using a loophole in wording then i would like to have this matter further investigated and if this is indeed intended to publically declare that this loophole was intended and that the death partol can hunt down people outside of NC for continuous "tresspassing" as long as they do not use their own tools.

I seem to have missed the part where lashtal killed Else?

Anyhow, good to see a bit more death in MD, life can get stale indeed. I'll pour one out to your health in the Drunken Corpse tonight, Else.

Just now, Chewett said:

It seems one must speak to lashtal about this if you wish. They have not broken any of the specific rules as far as I can see as no killing has been done by lashtal outside NC.

thats why i asked here, as i said if its a personal matter then its fine, if it was official as death partol then its using a loophole since no written rules were broken by Lashtal, at the same time its not prohibited to enter NC, meaning you cant be prosecuted for doing that, only for being inside at that very moment

It's not prohibited to enter Necrovion. But there's a big warning at the entrance, stating you do it at your own risk. And if you do so repeatedly, the risk gets bigger.

As Death Patrol, I can use my tools only within Necrovion borders.

Many others can kill at will, or for a price. I can use such services as I wish, just like everyone else.

Don't you agree?

9 minutes ago, lashtal said:

It's not prohibited to enter Necrovion. But there's a big warning at the entrance, stating you do it at your own risk. And if you do so repeatedly, the risk gets bigger.

As Death Patrol, I can use my tools only within Necrovion borders.

Many others can kill at will, or for a price. I can use such services as I wish, just like everyone else.

Don't you agree?

i agree that there is a warning, i have not seen anything that the risk gets higher, yes many kill, many provide the kills, yes you are free to do that too if you have some personal reason for it, as player you can do whatever you want, if you let him be killed as death patrol then i would like to see an official statement that that it is alright to use the loophole in the wording and pay someone as death patrol to kill someone else with the reasoning of continuos trespassing, just to have it officially stated.

i do not pursue this to get you in trouble or punished for using the loophole, i just want clarity in this matter because I was under the assumption and i think other people are as well that you can not be prosecuted for entering NC after you have left it

Moreover, and out of character:

Perhaps you don't know, but sometimes there are complaints because someone is sneaking into Necrovion very often, without paying, just because he/she lives in a different timezone.

This is unfair to all those who pay their tiny price for a regular visit.

This might be seen as me sleeping on duty (it happens), me closing an eye (true only for mp3, A25 or quest-makers who contacted me in advance), or... me doing favoritism. Which I hate.

So what to do against regular trespassers who sneak in while I sleep?

Luckily, there are friends. And some of them have killing tools, hurray!

2 minutes ago, lashtal said:

Perhaps you don't know, but sometimes there are complaints because someone is sneaking into Necrovion very often, without paying, just because he/she lives in a different timezone.

This might be seen as me sleeping on duty (it happens), me closing an eye (true only for mp3, A25 or quest-makers who contacted me in advance), or... me doing favoritism. Which I hate.

again i want to make clear i stated the question just to get clarification on this, i know you do good work, even when you can not be there all the time

as i understood it, it is intended that there are gaps that open up the possibility to enter when there is nobody awake as well, this is a game you dont have to be there 100% of the time, the issue with timezones was always there and there wont be a solution until there is a lot more players so that an entire day can be covered to 100%

and yes this might seem unfair to some but you also stated yourself that you are not there all the time being afk or idle, this opens up the same opportunity

• Root Admin
39 minutes ago, MaGoHi said:

as i understood it, it is intended that there are gaps that open up the possibility to enter when there is nobody awake as well, this is a game you dont have to be there 100% of the time, the issue with timezones was always there and there wont be a solution until there is a lot more players so that an entire day can be covered to 100%

Maybe you are right and we should add in a mechanic to help make it even more dangerous? An interesting idea MaGoHi

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, lashtal said:

I can confirm that there have been a few complaints relating to this.

• Root Admin
10 hours ago, Else said:

I have spoken with Mur about this and we are in agreement.

Lashtal is free, as is any private citizen, to contract the death or one, many, or everyone. As Death guard their actions with their killing tool is limited to Necrovion however in this instance that was not involved and therefore his role as Death Guard does not need to be considered.

I consider this closed unless there is further (new) information brought to light. We thank Lashtal for their duty as death guard.

8 hours ago, Chewett said:

Maybe you are right and we should add in a mechanic to help make it even more dangerous? An interesting idea MaGoHi

to this i would like to add that i had the impression that Mur did not want that to be a mechanic, the point being that the posibillity to enter is there you are even allowed to, but if you encounter a death patrol you die

since i am rarely on the same wavelength with Mur that could also mean my impressions are wrong

BUT if you want it "stricter"

i am sure that you could implement some sort of semi mechanic, the mechanic/automated part could be a counter and if you enter NC more than x times in a week/month/the past 14days you get a trigger that allows the death patrol to get you even if you are outside NC (not pulling you there but are allowed to hunt you down), this trigger could last up to a week and would also add extra thrill

by having such a solution you could give the death patrol the leeway of having a RL outside of MD and still get the people that really go overboard with being in NC  and people that occationally go in wont notice the difference to now