WPs for AD Complaint Regarding Alts

BFH

I want to complain about alts gaining wishpoints for active days. It's just highly abusable.

[color=#A52A2A][b]I agree that mains should be rewarded somehow for their activity on the game, but not the alternate accounts.[/b][/color]

[color=#FF0000]First:[/color] This will lead to severe abuse of MD Mechanics. Alts helping mains and mains helping alts.

[quote] [b]Exchanging WishPoints between you. WP should be rewarded only for good reasons.[/quote][/b]

That rule will be broken sooner or later.

[b][quote] You can have multiple accounts, to try out story, to experience new ways of play etc ..., however if you are detected that you are using them just to help one of your main accounts , all of them including the main will get banned.[/quote][/b]

This rule had been broken several times and many of those without consequences to those who broke them.

Alts can receive 3 wish points. Every player can have as many alts as they wish. So calculate the WPs and the abuses.

[b]Example:[/b]

I BFH have movelock I cast it on x person and since I don't have mirror ritual I use my alt to cast it on x player because I hate x player or whatever.

[color=#FF0000]Second: [/color]This will devalue the Wish Points.

Now people won't have to put hard work and effort to gain a WishPoint. It's easier to use an alt.

[color=#FF0000]Third:[/color] Not fair

It's simply not fair for those who had earned their wishpoints with effort.

[b][color=#A52A2A]SOLUTION:[/color][/b]

[b]No WishPoints for any alts at all. Sorry for the alts account who really rp and plays a different character and such, but the law is for all without exceptions.[/b]

This is how I see this and please post your opinions here.

BFH

• Root Admin

Read the original thread, this point was discussed to death again and again.
Mur has also stated before that WP's WILL be devalued and that we might not like it. i dont really see any reason to fight this point.

review the original topic, Most of the damage with alts will already be done, i know my alts are just getting them.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/5848-wp-for-days/

I agree, but at the same time, I disagree.

None of the WPs in the WP Shop that can be aquired within the first three points are anything that can be abused to the point where a new rule, or addition to game mechanics needs to be made because of them.

The only thing that could be "abused" would be the spells in the later parts of the Shop. The B/W Joker isn't going to make anyone over powered, and they aren't exactly worth much. The GG Drach > Windy WP isn't accessible to REALLY late in the shop.

This achievement will only lower the value of WPs, but at the same time, this is MAGIC DUEL. WPs shouldnt be these incredibly hard things to aquire unless you're friends with the right people.

Players should have SOME basic spells to play around with. It's the point of the game, right?

[quote name='Vicarious' timestamp='1312478172' post='89481']
The only thing that could be "abused" would be the spells in the later parts of the Shop. The B/W Joker isn't going to make anyone over powered, and they aren't exactly worth much. The GG Drach > Windy WP isn't accessible to REALLY late in the shop.

This achievement will only lower the value of WPs, but at the same time, this is MAGIC DUEL. WPs shouldnt be these incredibly hard things to aquire unless you're friends with the right people.

Players should have SOME basic spells to play around with. It's the point of the game, right?
[/quote]

I agree with mains receiving those basic spells not alts. If alts want spells then they can use stones.

Ok, so...I am going to try and speak from both sides;

For: I see that if a member plays on more than one account, who is to say which is the main? I use many accounts for different roleplaying. People used to think Mcvitie was the main because she was the "first account" but now I reckon everyone will say that Sasha is the main, that doesn't mean I don't still play on Mcvitie. If I have been active with many accounts, then why shouldn't they get the same rewards?
What happens if one day someone wants to forget a previous account and start afresh? Then they will have to miss out for having a previous account?

Against: I can see lot's of reasons against. As you say, alts helping each other, being the main one for me to see problems with. Creating items for alts, has been a problem in the past and could easily become a major problem in the future.
Another valid point you make is that wishpoints will slowly lose their value in MD, but has that not happened already with this feature?
Another problem with this is if players create alts just to log on with each day, so that they can get the wishpoint rewards...

So in my opinion...I'm not too sure if it should, or shouldn't be changed. If I had to say anything..it would probably be stay the same, so long as there is some sort check that could be done to make sure they are not just abusing it. Perhaps a seperate WP shop for alts? Things that can only help that specific account?

Just an idea :)

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1312478503' post='89482']

I agree with mains receiving those basic spells not alts. If alts want spells then they can use stones.
[/quote]

So you and others can make profit from alt's wanting spell stones?

Edited by Sasha Lilias

@Chew, yes it had been discussed before, but it took a year for it to be implemented and community votes were ignored somehow

[quote]
[b] Should this feature consider alts and allow only one reward per IP (or other checks)[/b]
[list=1]
[*]Yes, limited per person (116 votes [64.44%])
Percentage of vote: 64.44%
[/list]
[/quote]

Great, I imagine the libs fill out with wps and your chews the same, not to mention grido's countless alts.

Doesn't make sense at all. Not to me.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' timestamp='1312478679' post='89483']
Perhaps a seperate WP shop for alts? Things that can only help that specific account?

Just an idea :)
[/quote]

The system currently doesnt know what account is a "main" and an "alt". Nor could it ever know, as many issues will occur. Then you have to consider that if some "hypothetical" land stupidly suggested all "helping" each other by logging in and such, they all become alts, Then you have many mains and also alts, what happens then? surely by that same idea one "lucky" account would be a main, and the others would be done over.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1312478798' post='89484']
@Chew, yes it had been discussed before, but it took a year for it to be implemented and community votes were ignored somehow

Great, I imagine the libs fill out with wps and your chews the same, not to mention grido's countless alts.

Doesn't make sense at all. Not to me.
[/quote]

The technical implications are VAST with this such issue. If a perfect machine that can identify alts, mains and such existed, then great, im sure Mur "Might" have considered it. But its an issue that unless you think about technically, you can easily say in ignorance "we were ignored, mur hates us all"

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' timestamp='1312478679' post='89483']
Another problem with this is if players create alts just to log on with each day, so that they can get the wishpoint rewards...

So in my opinion...I'm not too sure if it should, or shouldn't be changed. If I had to say anything..it would probably be stay the same, so long as there is some sort check that could be done to make sure they are not just abusing it. Perhaps a seperate WP shop for alts? Things that can only help that specific account?
[/quote]

Well login just to gain ad for wps is what it's going to happen. That's for sure.

Edited by BFH

That's for sure? How do know that? You can't say it WILL happen when no one has actually shown they are doing it.
To be honest, I think it should be left alone. As everyone has said, it's three WP's. No harm can be done with three wishes, perhaps 7-8, yes, but 3? Good luck with abusing that.

Oh..and I just thought. When you say "alts should use stones", WHO is going to provide them and WHO is going to be losing out on spells?

Edited by Sasha Lilias

@CHEW- [quote]you can easily say in ignorance "we were ignored, mur hates us all" [/quote]

Nop, Mur actually considers many of us, actually sometimes too much, I don't meant that at all.

@Sasha [quote] That's for sure? How do know that? You can't say it WILL happen when no one has actually shown they are doing it.[/quote]

[color=#FF0000]ARE YOU SURE? [/color]

I spoke a bit with Chew regarding this

@ Chew

[quote]

The system currently doesn't know what account is a "main" and an "alt". Nor could it ever know, as many issues will occur. Then you have to consider that if some "hypothetical" land stupidly suggested all "helping" each other by logging in and such, they all become alts, Then you have many mains and also alts, what happens then? surely by that same idea one "lucky" account would be a main, and the others would be done over.
[/quote]

There are lots of TECH details that explains why alts can't be restricted.

Even thou I still don't agree with alts gaining wishpoints and that I assume many will abuse. Many players, including me, will be watching and ABUSES will be condemned and won't pass throw.

The topic will be closed since nothing can be done about, but If any see any abuse please send a message to contact@magicduel.com

BFH