A new Community Project. Of Sorts.

Isabella Finch

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this or not. If not, then please move it to its rightful place.

Okay, getting down to business. I think we have all heard about in one way or another the death of a Spartan. I didn't know him personally. In fact, I didn't know him at all and can't remember if I have even exchanged greetings with him. Probably not.. But surely his whining is annoying more than just me, both the echoes and his ghost that has been seen wandering about.

So I propose a small deal. A small way of bringing the community together in a way. I personally will donate a silver coin towards a payment for his revival if enough people will do the same to get the man revived. 20gc is a lot of money and I for one don't have much in silver and no gold. But if enough people put forth a little, then a mountain can suddenly become little more than an anthill. And I'm sure the ghost will put up a portion towards his revival as well.

If interested, please sign this as a an agreement. Then when enough people have contributed enough, we can work on collecting it and giving it to Grido or someone else willing to take payment to use his or her reviving item.

Isabella Finch- 2 silver coins

[quote][color="#CCCCCC"]Ann. 2206 - [2012-02-17 22:33:18 - Stage 11][/color]
[b]Heat Voting (concept)[/b]
There is a method used so far to show the will of some for something to happen, by loading heat into an item and reaching insane heat amounts. I believe this method is a good indicator of collective will power and can be used as a voting method if something should happen or not. To counter it with a "negative" vote, an additional item could be used to load heat and show a group of people is against that something. The ability to raise heat is directly proportional with the skills, age and by that with the popularity of a character. The fact heat drops is also relevant when considering that a certain matter might be seen by someone that can do something about it at a later time. In other words it is a vote that slowly fades away if not sustained and has as only "enemy" the "forgetting" of that cause...and that is in a way very realistic.[/quote]

I think rather than donating silver, making an effort by gathering heat for his revival would be a better way.

I mentioned the heat gathering to him already, but he doesn't appear to have many visitors and has no heat jar or anything.

I, too, would be willing to donate coins for him. I could donate 1 gold if needed.

If you do not wish to donate towards my idea, you don't have to.

I will say this though. While the heat idea sounds great and easier and cheaper? It hasn't worked yet. And if he is revived by a alternate way before this plan works, well at least I put forth some type of effort. And I for one have no jars and can't travel to Golemus to transfer heat to him. I find the charity of donating coins, as few as I have, an easier solution. No one has to give up the coin they are willing to give until we have rallied up enough to buy the revival.

And thank you Katt. That is very generous of you.

Edited by Isabella Finch

I think you haven't quite understood the heat voting concept... You don't need heat jars, that's just a few lines of code in a clickable item. The gazebo is full of them, you just need to get somebody to write them, then you can start collecting.

No Burns, I am exploring the East lands right now and have no intentions on traveling back to the mainland anytime soon. Besides, a few people earned revival items, so why not give one of them a chance to use it and make some money off of it in the process? Also... raising coins just seems way easier as long as there are enough people willing to spare some change.

So far we are at 1 gold, 4 silver. I think it is going just fine so far.

The "hidden orb" plant thingy at the Gazebo already knows the names of the dead, and could be re-awakened for the cause if needed.
..or, what Burns said. :)
I only have a single silver left, but would donate it to the cause too.

I've got 1 silver now i can give only but will work on more.

I will also add heat for Spartiatis revival as soon as i work out how to pass my heat to the plant

Every little bit helps. That is 1 gold and 7 silver so far.

Also, anyone who has an item for reviving and will be willing to use it for payment, please speak up or contact me. I have contacted one or two so far and would like to get the best deal possible to get this done as quickly as possible. So the cheaper the better. I believe the standing price as of right now is 20 gold. Which is quite a bit.

Well, from what I have experienced so far, Krashmoss, coins can be gained via trade, winning things or by good Samaritans or friends just giving them to you. Also it seems working can gain you coin or items, such as artwork or other ways. If you are an amazing poet, maybe you could sell poetry. You just have to use your abilities to your advantage I suppose. Though the best ways are trading items I believe. But the newer you are, the more difficult that can be, I have found.

I would be happy to help Spart how I can, but how is a pile of coins going to bring him back? The heat/prayer thing has precidence - an appeal to higher authority.

Is there somebody out there with a revive item that is selling services?

I believe Grido offered to revive anyone for 20Gold, if I'm not mistaken.
In a more general scheme, I like the idea. While there is a historical tradition for Heat voting revivals, There are a few more items out there now, after teh recent Dominion Journey. Silver may be yet another method to use?