MD Awards 2012 - "24h" Discussion

Grido

Best beautification: given for the highest quality of artistic contributions given to beautify the realm, be it personification of papers, contribution to avatar gallery, or item depiction.

Most popular: given to a player who is more a champion of common masses than a 'noble' in a list and has been most apt at being friendly, generous and liked.

Associated how? Is he a citizen? Does he belong to an alliance?

How about Amber then? She belongs to the East now and used to be in Necro.

And Maebius also used to be my student, a citizen to be but he ended up in the Seekers.

Phantom Orchid is also allied with Necrovion due to a pact of my alliance and the CoE.

Does this mean that all my nominations are invalid?

(Peace's post moved from nom thread to here)

[quote]- You may not nominate those who belong to the same land as yourself (this not only means hard-coded, but also those people considered part of certain lands). [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10995-md-awards-2011-24h-discussion/page__st__20#entry97297"]"[/url]This is an MD awards event, if a person deserves one of the awards, it is on the global level, not on local level, however capable the person is, which justifies the ban of the land nominations , possibly votes too[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10995-md-awards-2011-24h-discussion/page__st__20#entry97297"]"[/url]. [b]If you note nominations slipping through this, please let me know.[/b][/quote]

I will explain/expand my definition, and therefore the one used, of associated to a land.

Associated to a land includes being part of an alliance or a citizen, as well as those on temporary absence from them, but is not exclusive to just that mechanical association. It also extends to a player who feels they belong to a certain land, or who through largely exclusive association or actions is viewed as of a certain land. Those who since those actions visibly associate themselves with another land would then no longer be thought of as with the former.
Alliance hoppers, or those that take alliances without intended association with the land the new alliance is a part of are exceptions and will be treated based on perception, rather than mechanical.

I already had the rule listed;
- You may not nominate those who belong to the same land as yourself (this not only means hard-coded, [b]but also those people considered part of certain lands[/b]).

I was under the impression that people knew what this meant, evidently not.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Most popular: given to a player who is more a champion of common masses than a 'noble' in a list and has been most apt at being friendly, generous and liked.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]My take on it:[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Given to that most charismatic player who has attracted the largest and most consistent following. Not to be given to the most powerful or prestigious member of the realm, but rather the most well-loved."[/font][/color]

Anyone care to comment on the suitability of the proposed descriptions?

With regards to the date of the event, I am now set to work on that Saturday, I'd get home around 2030/2100 Server Time, poss earlier depending how quickly stuff gets done there. So, baring in mind certain people's timezones, we have 3 options that I can think of which I'd like you all to pick between.
1 - It starts at 1800 as suggested, and I miss a chunk of it, another organiser runs it for at least that part.
2 - We have it later on Saturday night, probably starting at 2100 Server.
3 - We instead move it to Sunday.

The time it's at is also up for discussion, but do bear in mind any earlier than 1800 on Saturday and I will most likely miss it entirely. If you think you'll be out Sat night, there is of course also the option to move it to Sunday.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Most Popular[/font][/color]
[color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][Description Needed][/font][/color]
Given to a player who's actions have caused a majority of others to pay attention, impacting the community in such a way as to stir up discussions or debates and can be seen in either a positive or negative way.

1) If you'd read my posts you'd see that I'm quite flexible. I am sure I can arrange things so I can attend.
2) If you don't want to be rude, find another way to say we have a life instead of "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Looks like the organisers arnt very helpful for times." [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3)There are still 2 weeks since then so I am sure we'll find a solution that will please the most. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4) Sue me for being being busy. [/font][/color]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1355225123' post='128000']
Just set up a voluntary team of 3 vets I suppose?
[/quote]

You want to organize this?

Actually they have: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13177-md-awards-2012-help-needed/page__hl__awards"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13177-md-awards-2012-help-needed/page__hl__awards[/url]

I've already stated in this topic I'm available all of Saturday and Sunday, I'll have to revise this statement, I'm not available from roughly 11:00 to 13:30 on Saturday (ST). I doubt this'll be the most suitable time considering timezones (middle of the night in the US if I'm not mistaken).

If you decide on times outside of Grido AND dst's availability, so be it. I'd prefer having at least one of them there though.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1355225318' post='128001']
You want to organize this?
[/quote]

I thought you were the one who pointed out to me that organisers can't be nominated. Sue me for being nominated for 3 of the awards.

Why not just open another thread asking for people to volunteer?

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1355225581' post='128005']

Why not just open another thread asking for people to volunteer?
[/quote]

Read the topic LS posted the link to and then open your mouth and talk.

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1355225581' post='128005']
I thought you were the one who pointed out to me that organisers can't be nominated. Sue me for being nominated for 3 of the awards.

[/quote]

If that's your excuse NOT to volunteer then it's a really really lame one. Besides, I wouldn't chose you if it were to forfeit the entire ceremony. I need smart people to handle it.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1355225796' post='128007']
Read the topic LS posted the link to and then open your mouth and talk.
[/quote]

Wow, the two people who are asking for help aren't available themselves?

I read this many times, and this led me to suggesting what I suggested. If you still can't figure out why, your problem.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1355225796' post='128007']
If that's your excuse NOT to volunteer then it's a really really lame one. Besides, I wouldn't chose you if it were to forfeit the entire ceremony. I need smart people to handle it.
[/quote]

I never even offered to volunteer, yet you consider me? I don't blame you :P

This shows who's really the smart one.