Trading Credits for Gold

Seigheart

Current rate is about 5credits for 1 gold. Gold's value is not equal to the amount of credits spent to get it because on the way to get that gold you get other stuff worth your credit. Gold is more like a bonus for finishing an item category.

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1349006289' post='122606']
Current rate is about 5credits for 1 gold. Gold's value is not equal to the amount of credits spent to get it because on the way to get that gold you get other stuff worth your credit. Gold is more like a bonus for finishing an item category.
[/quote]

Wow fantastic I will go for GC too in this case. Btw is it somewhere written in the forum or do we have a MD currency chart?
Menhir

The way I see it, there will never be, and shouldn't be, a "exchange table", because the market itself is made up of us, the players. and it is subject to individual subjectivity. We make the rules, though there is generally agreed-upon values. But having them tabulated as "official rates" jsut seems a bit wrong to me. Unless you add "subject ot personal opinion" to the table or such. :P

A chart is nothing which is stable and could change weekly or anytime. The question is: Is there a need for something like I mentioned? As it looks I was terrible wrong with what I thought is the actual exchange rate so other s might be in the same situation when the start trading with mixtures of GC and credits ect. But we are moving offtopic!

Menhir

In the six-person-shared bathroom I use, we have a "shower schedule" with times, at 15-minute individuals, when people can take showers during the morning hours.

Nobody actually adheres to it, but it is used to prevent disputes if two people wake up at the same time.

Generally, when resources have a set value, it's because they also have a set usefulness, and disputes can be quickly settled with a reference table. For those resources (i.e. combat-related resources -- and I don't know if those even exist...) a chart is useful.

Otherwise, I don't see why we'd need one.

[quote name='Menhir' timestamp='1348993401' post='122592']
5 Credits 1 GC? How do you do this? Try to get a GC in the shop by spending 5 credits and if one succeeds please let me know how - thank you.

I remember a rate which was 15 credits for 1 GC.

Menhir
[/quote]

Ahem when you void one MD shop section you can get 1 GC with just 1 credit if you have reset shop

[quote name='Manda' timestamp='1349100261' post='122727']
Ahem when you void one MD shop section you can get 1 GC with just 1 credit if you have reset shop
[/quote]

Manda I did 2 shop resets so far so I know that I get every item for 1 credit. The point is how to reach the GC isn´t it? If I go and buy a gold coin in a shop i just need the fuel for the car or something else to reach the place - sure but what about the money to buy the gold coin (i´m talking about RL atm)? You need to do something for it. So why is the GC at the end of every section and not at the start? everyone would have 4 GC with only 4 credits instantly and we would see a inflation in MD. So ...

Menhir

and like all MD shop items they need only 1 credit to buy
so one one hand for 1 credit i can buy 1 gold coin or buy 1 silver coin
But I will need to buy many items much usefull or not in MD shop to get the right to buy that silver coin or gold coin

After much debating amongst a few individuals, I will offer 2.5 credits per gold coin.

I feel that a gold coin is worth more than a single credit, but no where near the value of 10 or 15. That's just ridiculously overpriced. So, 2.5 credits seems fair to me.

Meaning you must sell me at least two gold coins in order for this to work. (because you can't purchase 2.5 credits... -_-)

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1349401415' post='123128']
After much debating amongst a few individuals, I will offer 2.5 credits per gold coin.

I feel that a gold coin is worth more than a single credit, but no where near the value of 10 or 15. That's just ridiculously overpriced. So, 2.5 credits seems fair to me.

Meaning you must sell me at least two gold coins in order for this to work. (because you can't purchase 2.5 credits... -_-)
[/quote]

But current rate is 5 creds per gold coin...

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1349429041' post='123154']
But current rate is 5 creds per gold coin...
[/quote]

There is no current rate, if you like the price, accept it. Admittedly its a lot lower than what everyone else has traded, but if you are happy for the price it doesnt matter.