Discussion about HC and BHC

MRAlyon

I'm making up a concrete plan for revive fighting contests in MD... starting from HC and after work on BHC and other fighting contests in the realm... I would listen all opinions and ideas about them and after decide what are the best ones and propose an organized plan to council for work on them and revive finally the fighting side of MD, if they will agree with the plan...

Thanks
MRAlyon

Edited by MRAlyon

It would help if you start with writing out what ideas you've already thought of, so we have something concrete to work with.

One thing I thought might help bring HC back a little is allow all who didn't end up first to participate again for the first place only, to pick up the second half of the reward.

I had an idea that there could be a sort of constant torch contest going on in the realm. People could pick up torches if they wanted to compete and have a little fun. The main changes I had in mind was there could be other ways to flag you as competing and run the risk of getting killed.

Depletions have been a big issue in the past and we complain that theres nothing to be done about it. Say if someone depletes a lands resources below half (typical land law amount) they would be considered killable to that lands citizens, perhaps untill they left the land or a certain timeframe passes.

Im not sure exactly how fast you get resurrected in the torch competition, but the values could be made a little longer, say an hour or a few hours?

Edited by Falronn

Why don't we have HC for all those who have black HC medal.
A rare HC competition for a chance to change their Black HC metal to Gold medal.

Participants would be all those who holds black HC medals
Separate for MP3, MP4 and MP5.
Rest is all the same as per HC rulz.

It will be fight amongst the warriors
for their lost honor
till their last blood
for glory
for victory
and more importantly for REWARDS
HAHAHA.....

[quote name='Falronn' timestamp='1349719738' post='123530']
I had an idea that there could be a sort of constant torch contest going on in the realm. People could pick up torches if they wanted to compete and have a little fun. The main changes I had in mind was there could be other ways to flag you as competing and run the risk of getting killed.

Depletions have been a big issue in the past and we complain that theres nothing to be done about it. Say if someone depletes a lands resources below half (typical land law amount) they would be considered killable to that lands citizens, perhaps untill they left the land or a certain timeframe passes.

Im not sure exactly how fast you get resurrected in the torch competition, but the values could be made a little longer, say an hour or a few hours?
[/quote]

I like this idea

Especially the depleting part ;)

Anyone who collects a resource below half its value could be made killable for an hour
if s/he collects twice, then two hours
and so forth

the killing tool/s can be kept at the respective land's capital

this can... perhaps bring about a new role for lands, eg: patrol, whose job would be to keep watch on who depletes use the tool against them

kinda' cool, huh?

Edited by DARK DEMON

How come a discussion about HC and BHC ended up in a discussion about depletors?
HC/BFH are DIFFERENT from torches.
Think at things that would IMPROVE HC and NOT torches.

@Alyon: when Heads ability was first given to Wodin, he along with few other RPCs organized small quests which involved heads. Or at least they were part of quests.
Why not start by holding small contests where heads are involved? There is at least 1 player that still has the ability to control heads outside HC and maybe he will help you. This way you maybe awake the taste for small competitions which involve heads. And in time, when players will get re-used with the heads and with their value HC will be more popular... I don't know...I'm just throwing some ideas.

yeah depletors has nothing to do with HC and BHC contests.... I like your idea dst but instead of quests like write poems etc can be organized a tournament (they are always fighting contests) where for the first 3 players will be rewarded with heads...
1- 2000 heads
2 - 1000 heads
3 - 500 heads
these are only examples...

my and BFH ideas:
- HC for mp4 and mp5 as now excpet players that already have got HC gold medal;
- BHC for players that have got HC gold medal;
- only one player will win HC and the first time that he will win it he will get only green medal... if he will win again HC he will gain stats and HC gold medal;
- can be done different stages of all 2 competitions... one stage will be into MDA, one into labyrinth, one into GG, one into necro, one into lore, one into east land and one in main land... each stage will be of one day...
- tournament and the first 3 players will get more heads...
- or another better idea instead the one up to this can be... choose a specific land every HC and BHC... remove viscosity and land effects on every player so we will have a fighting ground
- second stage of HC... there will be 2-3 places in the land where you will be able to score...
- reward for BHC can be a wish instead to have skilldamage but don't know...
- don't restrict fighting spells during HC and give temporally these spells in a specific amount to the players

I will continue to add all my ideas here when I will have them:-)

Edited by MRAlyon

@dst - MRAlyon specifically mentioned fighting contests, I did not have a suggestion for heads contests so I suggested something for torch competition. The depletion was part of the suggestion, take it or leave it.

And I think not taking away the spells for heads would be a good idea, and adding spells could be interesting.

Since this are ideas and I like to somehow have plans. I'll compile a bit using all ideas already listed and adding mine.[list]
[*]Contest happens every [b]two [/b]months, at a [b]different[/b] land, for mp4 and above MP, with one winner each time.
[/list]
[indent=2]Winner will be the highest score from each mind power in the predifined amount of time.[/indent]

Initially that person gets silver medal, then if he wins a second time he receives gold.[list]
[*]Players who get in, won't receive any land influence (no viscosity, no land bonuses, etc)
[*]For the first stage player scores on all the land. For the second stage players score on 2-3 headshill.
[/list]
This time lets make HC interesting. [Will involve a Lot of coding ... but well][list]
[*]Based on the fact that all players will have heat feature, we will include spells :) So how?
[/list]
[indent=1] 1. Allow every user that is not participating on the HC to cast any sort of spells during the HC (which means to remove that global restriction). With an unique exception. None of those spells should allow targetting a player that is participating on the HC. That way there are no interferences with the event at any sort.[/indent][list]
[*]This allow every user to keep their normal path while HC is on. protectors will be able to heal, players will be able to teleport back etc.
[/list]
[indent=1]2. HC participants won't be able to use any of their current spells. Instead a new system is created (some sort of protector's style), in which they are given initially a list of spells from which they pick three.[/indent]

[indent=1]3. Each option will grant a max amount of 4 casts of the selected spell.[/indent]

[indent=1]4. As they progress system could be preconfigured so that when x amount of time is reached they get a reset and they pick again 3 spells. (Maybe every 48 hours, anything initially preconfigured from the interface).[/indent]

[indent=1]5. Since HC system works on time basis and not on score, I think :)), we could allow players to get a special pack of spells he/she could use after reaching a predifined amount of heads. So the pack will contains 3 random spells, selected by system, from the predifined spells list.[/indent]

[b]Predifined list of spells:[/b]

Movelock
Attack Lock
Weaken
No multi
Freeze
mirrorritual
no armor
chaotic boost

Suggest more :P I can't think now.

[b]I would also suggest a total reset. Which means leave ecery user participate again with the new system. [/b]

This way we ensure system mode last for many years and won;t be part of the current boredom HC is currently.

Open to suggestions.

B

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1349718388' post='123528']
One thing I thought might help bring HC back a little is allow all who didn't end up first to participate again for the first place only, to pick up the second half of the reward.
[/quote]

I love that idea O-O;

*tries to hide his second place emblem*

[quote name='Tipu' timestamp='1349845231' post='123648']
and more importantly for REWARDS
HAHAHA.....
[/quote]

Silence Sipu D:!

Ok yeah, the rewards are nice too x'3

Edited by Fang Archbane

1. I really like the idea of progression in the color of your head trophy. Black, Silver, Gold, allowing you to compete and win 3x instead of 1x.

2. Heads is unfair - so why call spell use by power figures "abuse"? Why not say, anything goes....? It's all in how your write the rules. Seems a shame to turn off such an important function for any fight contest in "Magic" Duel. As always I vote for more magic in the realm.

What would happen if you had Head Hill move randomly on each update? This would force players to search for Head Hill and viscosity could become a real issue for the contest. (I'm envisioning an HC that was limited to the maze and everyone would have to really search to find the Hill within the maze.)

I've never participated in any HC, but as far as I've gathered the first stage consists of running around, gather heads. Then hide in the most remote corner you can find and stay awake.

Based on this assumption, I find myself not really inclined to participate in a social multiplayer world, so that I can spend most of my time as far away from other people as I can manage.

Apparently (so I was told) this hc, the head count for mp4's has been reached. I have not even seen this person. No clue whom. Someone tucked away in their hiding spot, probably not to be seen again till the mp5's hit the mark. I can see the conversation with some friend already.

Person 1: 'yeah mate, I am playing this artsy online multiplayer game!'
Person 2: 'Oh cool, what are you doing there right now?'
Person 1: 'I am trying to stay as far away from every other person in the world, haven't moved for 4 days now!'
Person 2: '....'

So again, with no real knowledge about how things work, I would suggest something to reward those that are not in hiding.

Something like heads degrading over time. Every xxxx seconds your heads amount lessens. The amount by which depends on your location. The higher the visc, the more heads will disappear per time unit. And seeing that due to the idea of the first phase being time-based, it won't really matter if this means that the winner might only have 200 heads due to heads changing owners more rapidly, as they are pushed to the more crowded locations.

That said, this also means that any hc will favor those whom can spend 20h a day semi awake even more. And it will probably be a pain in the ass to find the right heads/time degradation number.
And again, I am a complete noob whom just enjoys drawing. And writing. I also enjoy bunnies, but this is unrelated to this discussion.
Half pondering closing this window before pressing post, to not run the risk of sounding like a bit of a fool. but well, living life on the edge. Here we go.

Definitely agreed, Dante! Thumbs up :)

To build upon that, I strongly suggest to change completely the way HC is run, as to change the way players think of it too. Instead of letting the people who hide score all the points, make it the opposite.

There was a recent change, which is:

"A minimum score of 2000 points is needed to win a medal and stats at the heads contest."

It was intended to increase player interest, but obviously it only decreased. People want change in the way HC is run, not for it to be made more difficult as to force people to participate. That's what makes it boring and causes people to lose interest. I openly declare, I am one of those people.

Nowadays, winning HC is NOTHING to be proud of. I actually agree that it should be made difficult, but in a way that it should be enjoyable. Instead of the above change, there should be something to create more action, more fighting, make it more fun. I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps remove stage 1 completely, and just have stage 2 directly? And instead of having a headcount requirement, (though of course, would have no purpose anymore) keep a 7-day deadline after which HC would end. In this way, automatically I suppose, the headcount would have been reached.

Oh, and if MP5's still won't find it enjoyable, most MP4's will.

Apart from all, this is at least SOMETHING to work on. Looking at the current situation of HC... I'm sure no one would say that there are already other problems, bugs to be solved, etc. So dst, please don't say that here. You HAVE to agree that HC is definitely something to develop.

Edited by DARK DEMON

How about we remove the leaderboard, and all indications of how many heads someone has.

Perhaps to signify that someone has a few heads for the taking, their name changes colour, or something to that effect.

That way the participants do not need to simply gain heads, and hold them for awhile, because they have no idea of how many heads they hold or whether or not it is enough to win.

My Idea in this older post: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12353-combat-system-redesign/page__st__20
was to have a real ongoing championship. I still think this would be an alternative to the current HC&BHC system which is no longer supported by the people as it looks like. My idea needs to be changed but in the essence it should be like this. The worst thing in HC/BHC is the "permanent online" rule. So change that and a specific duration of the whole contest, not a whole year as I mentioned in the old post but it should be like a league.

Just my 2 cent.
Menhir

For the BHC i suggest no influence from the stats of the players

and in different time of the year use spells and things on the whole contest

nomulti (just 1 ceature of each kind)

Freeze (random freeze 1-6 :D)

Total Freeze (you need to figure out how unfreeze your creatures)

Baby ( Just creatures level 1)

Burning (No freezze at all)

Rainbow (just coloredcreatures)

Plain (Plain creatures)

combinations like nomulti + baby or babyrainbow., etc

Field Magic where you battles have other army, mirror., etc

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1350511633' post='124191']
how about we stop HC BHC and everything for a bit?
[/quote]

Yes with the current system that will have to happen at some point. But i guess there will be still need for a redesign for both contests for whenever they'll get back if the council or any game admins stop it.

According to what I read from forum updates game admins are working or at least discussing hc as well (i read that somewhere too lazy to quote it) So it think this topic might help them identify major issues or problems. or whatever.