Day of Tranquillity

MaGoHi

Day of Tranquillity  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me, it is only 2 days of the month.

It is nice for people who don't want to be attacked to have 24 hours to explore the realm and I don't feel it hurts people who want to grind stats that much. They used to be the only time I would come out of hiding when I was in skilldamage so I see the use they have.

most of the population just sits and talks at the GoE, this small crowd attracts those that want to train and those that are looking for a chat.

at days of tranquility, grinders wont come and the GoE is mostly quiet

90% of us guys have been here for years, theres not much new for us to discover when exploring, theres only very rare acces scenes we havent seen yet and not likely we even will in our md carreer. training is a bit of a brainless pass time but it brings more people together.

the noobs also see there's "nothing to do" given ther are seldom quests running and we mostly dont even bother to do them anyway, just look how big the response was to most quests. so a crowd to talk to is always fun

Lately, I mostly log in and log out unless something particular is happening. I think: no point sitting around if it's going to lead to skill damage. It's silly because it means I miss out on conversations, which are probably of more value than my pitiful stats, but I guess I can't be rational all the time...

Day of tranquility is purposeless unless we have at least 100+ active people at the same time.

It doesn't matter what explanation you can give to fit it and justify it currently. Its original purpose is no longer valid (because there is nothing to do either way).

Edited by DARK DEMON

9 hours ago, Ivorak said:

Lately, I mostly log in and log out unless something particular is happening. I think: no point sitting around if it's going to lead to skill damage. It's silly because it means I miss out on conversations, which are probably of more value than my pitiful stats, but I guess I can't be rational all the time...

you could join the training, i think atm there are only 2 or 3 people that wouldnt stop attacking you if you ask for it

34 minutes ago, Chewett said:

So cancelling, for example, attacking sound, would be ideal?

An option to cancel attack sound, or chat sound would be VERY VERY ideal.

Sometimes the attack sounds are useful. For example if you are participating in a heads hunt and such. But otherwise not so much. So it should be an option like that wonderful 'Play screen music' option they have in the options part.

Edited by Nimrodel

2 hours ago, Chewett said:

Most of the time my combat , chat and messaging sounds do not work. I don't think I'd see a difference if the sounds are disabled as I don't hear them anyways for some reason.

9 hours ago, Chewett said:

9 hours ago, Nimrodel said:

n option to cancel attack sound, or chat sound would be VERY VERY ideal.

I'd be ok if the attack sound was removed altogether. The yellow icon and chat message (with its own sound) should be enough to notify one, no? But maybe some people like it

On 4/26/2018 at 12:23 AM, Chewett said:

I guess the answer is sometimes.

That is why I voted "yes" because it is useful "sometimes" and that "sometimes"  is very useful.

There are numerous complaints along the years about unfairness toward the little ones and how they can't chat because they are bullied (attacked on sight).

Well ... that (little ppl smack down) is still a valid reason even if most of us got immune to attacks.

So, comparing the constraint of 1-2 DoT per month vs the tranquility provided by the immunity ... I'd say that disbanding the DoT should not even be put under discussion.

I had noticed several who do not participate of combat - they whom, of choice, give not vitality to creatures they possess, or who possess no creatures. It were they that may pass freely without risk of assail.

If one dost wish role-play within the realm that were separate of combat, there are many sanctuaries that may serve well.

As it were, I believe that to choose whether one doth participate in combat should be a choice that requireth not drastic measures as those above - it should be a simple choice, that may be activated with a Wish-Point, mayhap?

• On the one hand, taking combat away for 2 days/month forces people do do something else, even if that is nothing at all. It makes people try to find another activity. If there was something captivating enough happening in MD, players might focus towards it in those 2 days.
On 5/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, Aia del Mana said:

As it were, I believe that to choose whether one doth participate in combat should be a choice that requireth not drastic measures as those above - it should be a simple choice, that may be activated with a Wish-Point, mayhap?

• This already exists deep within the wish-shop. I'd dare say too deep, but that's not for me to decide.
  • Lore-wise, if my memory serves me right, DoT was meant to be dedicated to realm-wide Night, which never happened. Again, it's been a long time so take it with a pinch of salt or correct me.

So it serves a purpose in lore, mechanics and gameplay direction.

TL;DR: it's 2 days / month, the benefit of removing it (for grinders) doesn't outweigh  the potential game-wide benefits for everyone else if something productive is done with it.

6 hours ago, Aeoshattr said:

Lore-wise, if my memory serves me right, DoT was meant to be dedicated to realm-wide Night, which never happened. Again, it's been a long time so take it with a pinch of salt or correct me.

https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/1490

Later when Night mode will be completed, these tranquillity days will happen always and only during night time.

I always saw it as - DoT only happens during night (or night applicable times?) but night doesn't always happen during DoT - but the fact that Mur added combat effects to nightmode suggest to me that perhaps he changed his mind somewhere down the road? (https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/2612) - not sure

Weren't you the legacy project for night mode? I thought Mur did that so we wouldn't lose/forget these details in the papers on his desk :P

But maybe I'm wrong too!

On 5/7/2018 at 12:14 AM, Pipstickz said:

Weren't you the legacy project for night mode? I thought Mur did that so we wouldn't lose/forget these details in the papers on his desk :P

But maybe I'm wrong too!

Some parts of it are historic or simply "up for debate", but I brought them up for the argument's sake. Unrelated to the topic so that will be the end of that.

• 1 month later...

Now, with day of tranquility removed, i happily await the day someone new will post in 'new ideas' a topic that says...

could we have at least one f day when i don't get attacked, please? Let's call it ...day of peace or day of make peace, not war. Oh, i know - a day of tranquility!

That would be funny :)

• Root Admin

But we know how to deal with those people (gdpr deletion :P)

But seriously, if anyone does need some help, similar to how the DoT provided, give me a shout and I have some ideas (but only implementing if people seriously want it).

3 minutes ago, Chewett said:

But we know how to deal with those people (gdpr deletion :P)

But seriously, if anyone does need some help, similar to how the DoT provided, give me a shout and I have some ideas (but only implementing if people seriously want it).

There's already creature shield for that.