Creature cards should open the creature page, and clicking the vitality should heal the creature

Aia del Mana

Of the Creature Page, and of Healing  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have noted some murmurs upon the discordant portal with suggestions to alter the creature interface.

Below is an example of how it presently were (on the left) and what my proposition for change were (on the right).

2030554856_Newcreaturecardexample.png.e46ca20fa871a3486e0c74a8e74faebf.png

I have made a poll; please do vote upon it - if there are any other suggestions, I would that these should be posted within the thread.

Edited by Aia del Mana

• Aia del Mana changed the title to Creature cards should open the creature page, and clicking the vitality should heal the creature
2 minutes ago, Ledah said:

Right is better, but is there a way to make it more obvious how to heal the creature? Could there be room for a dedicated heal button?

May I request an illustration of where this heal button should be located, assuming that the interface otherwise remains similar to the present?

Creature VE could be represented by a translucent yellow/orange bar at the bottom of a creature's portrait, and clicking that bar heals while clicking off the bar takes you to the creature page. ie. a third to a quarter of the portrait heals, while the rest of it is the page

• Root Admin

I can not use the entire creature "card" for any additional link than whatever it is doing, and below the card, if i put a "heal" text, its too big. 

please consider this when voting, there is no space for a clear heal button, unless maybe if i make it really small and maybe as an icon.

Yeah it is somewhat cramped, especially when you hit 6 digits. Is it not possible to make a bit of space between the picture and crit name, or below the ID and current VE?

Edit: Should add, first pic is just 2 locations for the heal button, not having 2 in total :)

heal1.png

heal2.png

Edited by Ledah

1 minute ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Am i wrong in thinking that the heal creature action is more used than the open creature page?

Personally I will sometimes obsessively check my creatures' stats, go back to reread token descriptions, check abilites, whatever. Mostly when I heal I use the "heal all" button. So in my case I tend to use open page more than healing individual creatures.

6 minutes ago, Aia del Mana said:

I believe I am able to resolve this issue; surely, the fix were simple?

You leave those swordies alone ;)

I just use heal all now, but as a newb I would heal creatures specifically, to preserve VE. So maybe 50/50 on which page is used more. Could also have a dedicated heal button on the open crit page, but I think that is a bad idea.

• Root Admin

i am using valuable time fixing things that are ok afterall. I will be checking the results of the vote tomorow and change accordingly, till then i will focus on giving you new reasons to argue by working on the creature abilities.

6 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

i will focus on giving you new reasons to argue by working on the creature abilities

you know your audience :D

but yea, the so-called ''new way'' is how they used to work, and I think we're all accustomed to it already that the vote will be overwhelmingly on that side

also, normally you'd assume the heal button is more used, but...we're not normal, and besides, if these creatures are getting new and more abilities, all the more reason to open (obsessively) the creature page, no?

46 minutes ago, Ledah said:

You leave those swordies alone

to think that Ledah has a shade with such a cool name like Muramasa...a man of culture indeed ;) 

4 hours ago, Ledah said:

Right is better, but is there a way to make it more obvious how to heal the creature? Could there be room for a dedicated heal button?

I agree with this.

While I do like the idea of a Trading card-looking concept, it makes the images warped, cramped, bulky and take up a lot of space. I would be willing to try and redesign this myself but I can only suggest to simplify this UI as much as possible as I am oblivious to the coding limitations of this design.

I suggest that the images be scaled proportionally with length and width if the full image of the creatures are to be used rather than thumbnails. The "+" button size indicating an upgrade be reduced to at least 50%, it's too big, and the lightning effect that comes with it be removed.

But for now, my suggestion is to replace the section where creature ID is at with HEAL and creature ID be repositioned in the creature card itself, it makes sense that when the card is clicked, it'd take you to the creature page, and when the HEAL is clicked, well, it heals. 

172031441_925963091555053_1764430481845392108_n.jpg

I doubt this needs to be said, and for the record I agree with everything Laz has just said, but it should also be noted that on mobile (desktop view) it's actually easier just to click on the names to open the creature details (at least, that's how I always do it)

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin
12 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

i am using valuable time fixing things that are ok afterall. I will be checking the results of the vote tomorow and change accordingly, till then i will focus on giving you new reasons to argue by working on the creature abilities.

Community feedback? Risky stuff ????

• Root Admin

As i said, i will change it as this vote goes, so the main image now takes you to the crit page, and the vitality bar, a a plus sign there, heal the creature, as requested. (I still think it was better the other way, but its probably because i intend to heal individual creatures more than i need to check creature detail page)

• Root Admin
18 minutes ago, Muratus del Mur said:

As i said, i will change it as this vote goes, so the main image now takes you to the crit page, and the vitality bar, a a plus sign there, heal the creature, as requested. (I still think it was better the other way, but its probably because i intend to heal individual creatures more than i need to check creature detail page)

12 hours ago, Ungod said:

also, normally you'd assume the heal button is more used, but...we're not normal, and besides, if these creatures are getting new and more abilities, all the more reason to open (obsessively) the creature page, no?

I would say that the heal button is probably used most, and that people are biased in how it currently works.

Arguably Mur is correct.

Ye this is nice, some sort of dedicated button :)

A consequence of the previous change was you couldn't click creature icons in a fight and go to their page, but that is back now, which I like ;) Weird and all that....

• 2 weeks later...