Images
-
Petal Elucid I
Petal Elucid I
By Chewett ·
Winner of the auction will have this exclusivity for this creature for at least 60 days
-
tldWPhu.png
-
First Bug Achievement?
-
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
NFTs created from the new api, in md, from bestiary creatures. You can find them also on opensea.io where you can view there rarity and such.
Currently there is no way for anyone to create such nfts, but this is just because nobody showed any interest in this feature.
I will cobtinue working on in-game interfwces for this, or i will just use them for personal transfers and rewards..depends only on your feedback
-
Screenshot_20230327_224828.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_224835.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
magicduel.com is not the official erc-20 (eth, polygon) address for md on the eth blockchain.
Magucduel.eth is also a valid ens domain name bound to the official address.
This is part of a series of experiments i do in the crypto direction
-
Fyrd Stuff.jpg
Everything posted by Ivorak
-
Illusions and Alliance status
[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1327093493' post='101487'] I've had wodin's guard in my ally, who is unkickable because it's an illusion, but he can't do anything inside, either. It would be extremely annoying if you were illusioned for some days to play on a mission, as illusions are set, and then find yourself stripped from your real alliance while being unable to do something about it, which is obviously a very special problem for leaders. If an ally member goes disguised for a while, they're still members, but can't do anything inside during the time disguised. It would be highly unfair if a person could be kicked from their real ally while they are stuck in the illusion ally, even more so if the person kicked is the leader of an ally. [/quote] Is there a countdown before illusions can be dropped? And is it very long? Otherwise, while it may require the illusion user to abort a mission, there is something the alliance leader can do about it. Not everything can be done without sacrifice. And regardless of the above, I think an alliance, by definition, is based on trust. Sure, trust can be betrayed, but that's a risk inherent to most everything. And if you build up an alliance on anything else, then that "alliance" has no purpose besides perhaps the small boons that come from the game features. In such cases the alliance exists only mechanically and therefore shouldn't exist at all.
-
Acidic bug
[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1326039456' post='100282'] It could but I do not think a butterfly is fitting for Necrovion. [/quote] Could you explain why Peace? When I think of butterflies, a few things come to mind: a beauty often comprised of sharp angles and vibrant colors that would not suit other creatures, a apparent frailty that masks a surprising longevity and toughness (some species migrate thousands of miles, including long flights over ocean), probable toxicity, as well as the butterfly effect, so I think they are fitting. There could be a reason they are not suitable that I have missed though.
-
Treasure Keeper January Auction
[quote name='Hedge Munos' timestamp='1325638349' post='99551'] Sharptear = 2sc Hedge [/quote] [quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1325702423' post='99598'] Hedge, please read the entire thread topic post. [/quote] That would be an initial bid, not an increase, Seigheart, from the way I see things.
-
MD Radio ?!
Presenting MagicDuel Public Radio: >>> [url="http://turntable.fm/magicduel_public_radio"]http://turntable.fm/...el_public_radio[/url] (Unfortunately, you'll need a Twitter or Facebook to log in.) Hedge was concerned about privacy, and would like me to mention that you can change your username for privacy and no link is shown to the Twitter or Facebook account. It's just for authentication. Oh, and go to [url="http://turntable.fm/"]http://turntable.fm/[/url] first to sign up if this is a concern, so you can change your turntable username prior to entering the room.
- Gold/Silver Notes
-
Yearly Artwork Quest: Cyclicity
Note----- The Christmas tree artwork is a fractal. The cuts and folds are made as per a simple rule, that could be repeated endlessly, were it not for the limitations of the paper. Story----- “Mister, what are you doing?” The wizened old man put down his cutting implement, glanced for a moment at the creased paper in his hand, then looked at the girl. He hesitated and then spoke “I’m giving this leaf of paper back its form. I’m making it into a tree again.” “How will you do that?” “Watch.” The man folded the paper again, and then made a straight slice with his blade, along the width of the paper, but not to the edges. He folded the paper again, and repeated. The girl looked on puzzled. Soon the old man was done. He took the paper and deftly poked at it. As if by magic, a tree stood out from the rest of the page. “It’s a Christmas tree!” exclaimed the girl. “Indeed.” “I miss Christmas…” “Well, I’ll let you in a little secret. Christmas is forever. It comes but once a year, but every year it comes. Soon enough, we will be celebrating it once more. That is why I have made this tree, to remind me that Christmas is always coming.” “Christmas is forever?” “Yes, forever.”
-
Reporter Quest: Who killed Eon?
Are you willing to disclose the secondary criteria now that the quest has been decided? I'm also a bit confused how one of the winning articles was rated first for the information disclosed when that information was not, by the author's own claims, not factual.
-
Happy Birthday Ivorak
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
-
Is this allowed?
What Mighty Pirate has done may be considered abusive, but it certainly shouldn't be punished by any action other than that of the players in game. If this is the role Mighty Pirate wishes to play, he should be allowed to do so. After all, if you need a heat jar, simply beat him there. I feel as if MD could use more intrigue of this sort (as opposed to forum arguments and complaining) as it leads to action and creative solutions--something fun. For example, the events surrounding the murder of Mya Celestia had a number of flaws and thus (deserved) criticisms, but it also lead to great fun for many.
- Return to Papercabin
-
accept or decline notice for teleport spells
I'm having trouble understanding what Xrieg wrote, but here are my thoughts. Administrative spells are given for administrative uses. If these spells are cast into stones and given to others, they are no longer available for their administrative purposes. Therefore I do not think spells granted for administrative reasons should be allowed to be traded without restriction. I am willing to trust that those granted such authority can regulate themselves, but then again, I haven't yet been affected by the more widespread availability of such spells. I believe administrative spells should be used for administration. If I am mistaken and the purpose of granting administrative spells is to reward those given authority, why not substitute silver and gold? Certainly our community leaders should be rewarded; but we must determine if they have been rewarded sufficiently already, and rather or not these rewards benefit the greater community.
- Halloween Competition
-
Names....
I'm not sharing. But you might want to look at this previous topic: [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/3204-names/"]http://magicduel.inv...pic/3204-names/[/url]. Not all of these characters are still around, but some are, and it's interesting nonetheless. Edit: Granos beat me to it. Alas.
-
The Cauldron available for a public test!
I am working on recipes for a gristmill (Kafuuka will be pleased) and a sawmill. One of the recipes for the sawmill will be cutting planks out of the raw lumber resource. I know that planks previously had wood type in their name, but does the lumber resource come in different species? It doesn't matter right now, because we could just substitute the species names into the initial recipe, but it is something to consider. Also, is there a limit (min or max) to the steps and ingredients for a recipe? [log=Flour Recipe] <?php //adapted to md world $instr['title'] = "flour"; //the description will be the only thing to describe the needed steps to the ones that try to help you prepare the recipe //be sure you include all steps in it but tell it so that they wont be identical words with the steps defined below $instr['description'] = " Gather sacks of wheat. Empty wheat from sacks into bins. Collect flour from the chute as it is milled. Stay away from the machinery; you might get your fingers caught. "; //what words you want to use to start the preparing the recipe $instr['startline'] = array( "Lets mill some flour".$instr['title'] => $instr['title'], "Lets prepare some ".$instr['title']."" => $instr['title'], "I want to make some ".$instr['title']."" => $instr['title'], ); //what words you want to use to stop the process $instr['endline'] = array( "Stop cooking" => 'end_failed', "Lets stop this " => 'end_failed', "Thank you for assisting me in making ".$instr['title']."" => 'end_success', "This is going nowhere, I give up" => 'end_frustration', "Mur, Mur, on the wall..." => 'end_crazy', ); //what are the texts for different steps or events $instr['step_replies'] = array( "start" => 'starts making flour', "stop" => 'stops making flour', "current" => 'currently making '.$instr['title'], "device" => 'using the gristmill '.$item['name'], "end_success" => 'shouts happy: WE CAN BAKE AGAIN!', "end_frustration" => 'is upset and stops working', "end_failed" => 'stops working, recipe failed', "end_crazy" => 'starts throwing things around randomly, recipe failed', "ingredients" => 'To prepare this baking substance you need: %s ', "ingredients_status" => 'We are currently preparing %s. We still need: %s. (Already provided: %s)', "steps_status" => 'We are currently done with these steps: %s. We still need perform these steps: %s. ', "1" => 'opens sack', "2" => 'pours wheat into bins', "3" => 'waits', "4" => 'collects flour from chute', "random" => 'sings LA LAAA LA..I have no clue what you mean', "random numbers" => 'picks a random number: '.rand(1,99), "description" => $item['name'].': '.$item['description'], "provide_wheat" => "%s grabs a sack of wheat", "provide_undefined_item" => "%s tries to offer something but its not perfectly clear what (%s)", "provide_otherway_item" => "%s tries to offer something the wrong way (%s)", "provide_existing_item" => "%s tries to offer something (%s) that is already provided", ); //what phrases will it recognize and what step will it run (from above values) //the more variations the better, think what people could say //always use first person, not "RP" blue text third person line please $instr['step_lines'] = array( "What are we making?" => 'current', "What are you doing?" => 'current', "What are you playing with?" => 'device', "Tell me a random number" => 'random numbers', "Describe the ".$item['name'] => 'description', //step 1 "Open flour" => '1', "Open the sack" => '1', "Untie the sack" => '1', "Prepare to pour flour" => '1', //step 2 "Pour flour" => '2', "Empty sack into bin" => '2', "Dump flour into bin" => '2', //step 3 "Wait for awhile." => '3', "Kill some time." => '3', //step 4 "Bag up flour" => '4', "Collect the product" => '4', ); //NOT IN USE YET $instr['step_actions'] = array( "1" => 'start='.$instr['title'], "2" => '', "3" => 'wait=2400', "4" => '', ); //what lines should be used by participants to offer their resources for the preparation //each line also has the target resources it will work on //for example you could pour water, but install mechanisms $instr['provide_ingredients'] = array( "/I will provide the (.*)/is" => 'Wheat', "/I will give the (.*)/is" => 'Wheat', "/I will donate the (.*)/is" => 'Wheat', "/Here is some (.*)/is" => 'Wheat', ); //what ingredients does this recipe require //feel free to use existing resources or items but you can also invent new //as long as they fit perfectly with md and the device $instr['ingredients'] = " Wheat=1; "; ?> [/log] Maize could be substituted for a corn meal recipe. [b]MUR: Try it lets see how it goes, i am not that sure about wheat as a resource, think where it could come from and plan its entire chain/tools etc. On the other hand , from what else to make cookies if not flour [/b]
-
Autum Contest
[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1309823675' post='87138'] What kind of pepper is it, do you know? Serrano? Many progress from green to yellow to red as they mature, but that depends on climate/variety/etc. Last summer I harvested a bunch of similar looking ones that turned red only after picking and drying them. Woooh, they sure were hot mammas! [/quote] I didn't realize Serrano peppers were that hot. I had seen that they were only about 10-25,000 Scoville units. Speaking of Scoville units, I was told the other day that Scoville units, a count of the number of dilutions for a pepper to lose its spice, did not relate linearly to spiciness of a pepper. Is this true? I don't know how this could be measured since spiciness is can only be expressed qualitatively by human tasters.
-
Fierce BHC Pool!
I am unable to send Seighart the silver at this time (as I am isolated in the Dominion of Mur). If anyone would be willing to pay three silver on my behalf, I will repay them at the conclusion of the Boss Heads Contest. If no one steps forward, I am pondering other ways to get you the silver (or at least some sort of insurance that I will pay). Oops, forgot about ITCs. Payment made.
-
Entries For Soe Research Quest
Brulant was informed earlier. So no PM necessary.
-
The Appendixes
[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1299640054' post='80417'] I have a question. Does the K-doc have to be related to MagicDuel in a way? Or can it just be a collection of thoughts and opinions? Edit: Thoughts and opinions is too vague. What I meant is that I'm writing mine on a specific concept that I discuss and explain, but it doesn't tie in to MagicDuel. [/quote] [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1299640660' post='80418'] I will answer with examples: If your K doc is about like McDonalds or horse-riding, I am going to say no. If your K doc is about philosophy, sociology, or other topics that COULD be applied to the people or places in MD (symbolism, etc.) then the answer is likely yes. It would be judged on a case to case basis, but as long as it focuses less on real-life subjects and more into general or metaphysical concepts it should be fine. Just be careful of too many direct references to real-life things that don't carry over into MD. I wouldn't want to see B.F. Skinner mentioned, but you could certainly mention his theories and ideas. [/quote] I'd love to see variety, and subjects not strongly tethered to the form of MD. But I agree with Awiiya that direct references to real-life things don't always carry over well to MD. For example, while MD doesn't declare an era of time, I found Ren's spaceship painfully anachronistic. It's enough to make me cringe when I of something as out of place in MD as, say, McDonalds. I, myself, tread carefully in such regards, but I'm curious as to what others would think of the "Streams of (Meta) Consciousness" in the "Digests for Awi" section of my KDoc. The inclusion of such a section is important to me, because I don't want MD to be a closed system (if something impacts my character's thoughts, I want it to have the possibility of impacting my real life, and this works best if it's a two way street). But I want to avoid things that clash too strongly with the aesthetics and other elements that make MD appealing. If you have suggestions or criticisms of the content, presentation, etc., please let me know. Speaking of the Digests for Awi, I would love any help I can get. The publication is simple, but I still need help with recording events elsewhere in the realm, illustrations (if you're interested, maybe you could sketch a more realistic version of the snail in issue 1), and judging the currents in these realms. I am also open to suggestions for new sections.
-
Happy Birthday, Eon!
Happy Birthday!
-
MD Birthday Team Formation
I'd like to join this team (and be involved in challenge creation, if there is room).
-
Selling tokened water demon and Sharptear
12 silver for the sharptear
-
Digital Signatures & New Item Transfer Function
I was thinking such contracts would be beneficial for more long term or more complicated arrangements. However, I cede that much of this can be duplicated by storage of data via other means. So I guess the first suggestion is mainly for polishing the system, unless it takes the turn you suggest. It could certainly be useful as you propose (hopefully preventing time wasting law suits), although if I recall correctly, Mur was against such automation of trades. Then again, MagicDuel once boasted of having no economic system. Any more thoughts? Later Edit: I realized I misrepresented my idea in the first post and failed to regain my train of thought for this second. I did not intend the contracts for everyday creature trades and transactions. They could be utilized for such, if one wished, but I was thinking more along the lines of actions than transactions. For examples: royal decrees (although those would only require one signature), treaties, labor agreements, organizational bylaws, business agreements, etc.
-
Digital Signatures & New Item Transfer Function
Note: I've included two ideas below that are connected but could stand more or less alone. Please consider each. Awiiya and Laphers recently posted an agreement on the forum. It made me wonder if there was a place for contracts in MD. Perhaps the forum works fine for such a function, but I would like to see as much as possible brought into the game itself. And so, my first proposal: A new type of document could be purchased from the librarian in the Archives mansion for 1 silver coin. (This price is to prevent spamming of the logs, but could be done in another manner, such as Archivist distribution.) The document would be different from Comments on Self, Hate List, etc., in a few respects. First, it would be an inventory item which would allow it's transfer. Secondly, it would conclude with a check box that allows the player to affix a digital signature. So, a player would purchase a document, fill in the terms of the contract, "sign" it, transfer it to the next party, who could also sign it if the terms were agreeable, and so on. Then the contract could either be kept by one of the involved parties (if the terms are to be kept secret until necessary), or put on file in the Archives log room. The mechanism for the above is my second idea. When the player with the document is standing in the Log Review Room, he could transfer it to the location itself by entering a certain command in place of the player name. For the sake of simplicity, this command would be the same for every location (the location would determine the result). For example, the command (let's use {location} for the example) would be entered and if the player is in the Log Review Room, the document would be entered into the log (which in this case should include all past documents). Now if the player was in the Indexed Room of Memories and transferred silver to {location} the result would be different; he or she would receive a blank document. This give-item-to-location feature could also be used to add to land treasuries if used in the land capital. I've tried to be specific so that much doesn't need to be added before implementation, but it may be that there are better methods to prevent spamming the logs of contracts, and such. Or perhaps these ideas have other faults (such as the need to implement features of greater importance).
-
Recruitment Selection Stage 4 Final
-
Recruitment Selection Stage 3