Images
-
Petal Elucid I
Petal Elucid I
By Chewett ·
Winner of the auction will have this exclusivity for this creature for at least 60 days
-
tldWPhu.png
-
First Bug Achievement?
-
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
NFTs created from the new api, in md, from bestiary creatures. You can find them also on opensea.io where you can view there rarity and such.
Currently there is no way for anyone to create such nfts, but this is just because nobody showed any interest in this feature.
I will cobtinue working on in-game interfwces for this, or i will just use them for personal transfers and rewards..depends only on your feedback
-
Screenshot_20230327_224828.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_224835.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
magicduel.com is not the official erc-20 (eth, polygon) address for md on the eth blockchain.
Magucduel.eth is also a valid ens domain name bound to the official address.
This is part of a series of experiments i do in the crypto direction
-
Fyrd Stuff.jpg
Everything posted by Ivorak
-
Jung Typology Test
ISTJ Introvert(67%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(25%) Judging(44%) You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%) You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%) You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%) You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
-
this is serious
Protracted exchanges such as these where little is resolved (because neither side is too willing to listen, perhaps) always leave me feeling a bit discouraged. Usually I vent to Hedge, and after a few days I get over it. And then there's another forum dispute. I feel as if I need to read the forum to stay on top of things, but often I get drawn into something that leaves a sour taste in my mouth and thus affects my activity within the game. Master of Mar is worried about the future of MD. It is obvious that many of those responding to this topic disagree with his arguments. But even if he's wrong about almost every last one (which I doubt) the worry remains. And it's not his alone. There are many concerned about the sustainability of MD. I don't think forum arguments help that concern (unless players come here for out of game arguments, rather than what I see as the core of MD, the overlapping interactive systems and "mythology" that can only be experienced in game). I'd like to share a quote of Michel Foucault that appears in my papers: [quote]"I dream about a kind of criticism that would try not to judge but to bring an oeuvre, a book, a sentence, an idea to life; it would light fires, watch the grass grow, listen to the wind, and catch the sea foam in the breeze and scatter it. It would multiply not judgments but signs of existence; it would summon them, drag them from their sleep. Perhaps it would invent them sometimes — all the better. Criticism that hands down sentences sends me to sleep; I’d like a criticism of scintillating leaps of imagination. It would not be sovereign or dressed in red. It would bear the lightning of possible storms."[/quote] We all want the best for MD. Let's focus not on telling people how they are wrong, but show them a better alternative (a principle I've just violated, but I think it's worth stating this once). It's harder work, yes, but I think it would be more rewarding.
-
WTS Morph
I'll take that, Lightsage. Best place to find me is Awiiya's Way. Or send a PM, and I'll meet you elsewhere.
-
WTS Morph
1 Morph, age 421 Bidding starts at 18 GC. Auction will end in 7 days or less. I may refuse offers as I see fit.
-
Community Garden Plots
I'd like a plot.
-
Extortion and Coercion
Whoa... Seig, what was it you quoted that said extortion was illegal? It looks to me like you copied that from Wikipedia. So what if extortion is illegal in real life? That doesn't necessarily make it against the rules of the game. If we're allowed to murder and kidnap (at least by game rules; I'm not saying there shouldn't be any sort of repercussion, it just needs to be enacted by players) then I think extortion is also fair game. MD should allow criminals. We (the players) should not.
-
Re-organisation of Top Links
With the "top lists" idea, did you envision a drop down menu or having the links inserted upon selection of the "top lists" link? The styling would be hard to get right on the first, but the latter would likely cause everything else to shuffle and doesn't really make anything neater. In general, I like this idea. Edit: I also think that options would fit better along the header than in the sidebar.
-
wp for Community Garden effort
I do not think a wishpoint should be awarded so he can add the subtext. Not because I don't think Rumi deserves a wishpoint, but because I think this reason might detract from the authenticity of this reward. Provided Rumi has not yet been rewarded for his work on the Community Garden, I do believe he is deserving of a wishpoint now or in the future. The Community Garden is one of the few bright spots in MD at this time, and demonstrates hard work and ingenuity. Rumi has not simply created a quest, but something that has already inspired multiple quests, community interaction, and generous donations.
-
Im the Ghost of Sparta! GoE now is haunted by a ghost, becareful
[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1339528132' post='114555'] Also iterate alongside Lightsage, what if I wanted one alive, but not the other? [/quote] Grido, you wouldn't by any chance have a reviving item, would you?
-
Death is coming
[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1339440231' post='114370'] Though it almost makes the revival items completely pointless as I believe they have a cool down period that lasts as long as the cool down on the kill items. [/quote] I don't think this would be the case at all. If you could sell the use of a revive item quarterly for 20 GC (or even 5) that adds up fairly quickly.
-
3 Member Alliance Rule
It seems to have been brought up several times that an alliance of only a couple members is not really an alliance and therefore should not be supported by mechanics. But if size is all that defines a group as deserving the badge, alliance chat, and citizenship by default, then maybe there isn't any place for alliances at all. But I think that this is the wrong way of looking at it. An alliance badge is a symbol. The mechanical abilities that come along with it only exist to support the idea represented by that symbol. An idea can have value (though this is not guaranteed) as long as it abides in a single mind. Ideas that are once deemed worthy should not be stricken down until they are either corrupted, abandoned, and/or entirely forgotten. "And/or" because that needs to remain a human decision. This is not to say ideas without recognition are worthless, but that alliances without ideas are. An idea only served by one is more worthy of an alliance than an alliance that serves no idea. Sometimes not just "more" worthy, but actually worthy. Besides, ideas will spread.
-
WTS Morph and Stones
Thanks, Shadowseeker. I will keep that in mind if I get any offers.
-
Petition: Return of the Children of the Eclipse
I support this.
-
WTS Morph and Stones
[s][b]Morph[/b] - 25 GC[/s] (for the record - 18 GC + 10 SC) [b]Supercharged Heat Stone[/b] - 5 GC [b]Weaken Stone[/b] Other offers considered, but please be reasonable.
-
Watermarking Pictures
You could try IrfanView. It allows batch editing, as well as overlay, according to the features page. Available for free, as well. I've used it before to change color images to greyscale, but that's it. [url="http://www.irfanview.com/"]http://www.irfanview.com/[/url]
-
Dominion Journey - your opinion
[quote][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Ann. 2287 - [2012-04-25 10:21:22 - Stage 11][/background][/font] [color=#000000][font=Georgia,]MD's 7th Birthday ended a few days ago. We hope you had fun and look forward to the next event![/font][/color] [color=#000000][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]During the following days any quest creators that asked to be sponsored should contact Master of Ceremonies at GoE to give out final rewards and tidy up business. If you are a quest creator and have sent us a message, please direct it in a PM to Master of Ceremonies at GoE. Master of Ceremonies will ignore any other requests.[/background][/font][/color][/quote] I would just like to point out to the council that their first announcement seemed to be directed at quest creators only, and not quest solvers. It would be nice if the Master of Ceremonies could wait a bit longer for those in a situation like duxie.
-
Dominion Journey - your opinion
I really enjoyed the challenge, especially how it became more and more difficult to go forward. Luckily I reached Liberty. However, I understand that those who got to Liberty were rewarded morphs and other prizes. I have yet to receive an award. (I have spoken to Awiiya and he says he also was not rewarded, though he added that he doesn't care much for such things). Edit: Oh, and I did contact Mur about this when I first realized it, but his only reply before going missing again was a bit cryptic: "[color=#000000]umm,, u still outside now?".[/color]
-
Zombies!
Perhaps we could change it a bit so that the reward isn't simply for surviving. Instead, create opportunities for winning prizes (that or make demands with risks for not meeting them) that require the participant to not have been turned to compete. I'm not a fan of zombies, they don't really seem to fit the MD aesthetic. Or if you think they might, well, I still don't like the idea of zombies. Maybe werewolves, or better yet, something unique to MD. And instead of just running this as new type of competition, integrate it into something larger. Don't have it end either, unless an antidote or other solution can be implemented. I think the ideas in paragraphs one and three solve the problem of not logging in during the "contest".
-
Development Focus - Citizenship
[quote name='lightsage' timestamp='1333496491' post='108212'] I don't think negative votes should matter, the border of getting people to vote is a much more involved one. After all, to be admitted you'd require over 50% of the land loyalty. [/quote] I think negative votes should matter, or perhaps there should be a way to leave a comment on a candidate for citizenship that would be displayed to other citizens before votes are made. There should be some sort of way to share knowledge of plots, infractions, foreign allegiances, etc., without having to contact each citizen individually.
-
Spells on Clickables
I'm just as confused as Pipstickz. I don't think it would lessen the value of spells at all, because one (according to my proposal) would have to load them into memory stones (thus losing some casts) and transfer the casts from the stones onto the clickable. There would be no extra spells (although a small bonus would be nice, and might make sense, considering how places and memories interact) to be cast by the clickable other than those put there by the scripter.
-
Spells on Clickables
Now that we've a simple mechanic to transfer spells by memory stones, perhaps those stones could transfer charges to items and clickables as well as other people. Once spells are stored in a clickable, their casting could be triggered by opening the clickable or completing an action within. Possible use cases include: - I could store a locate spell (complete with parameters) so that people could find me easily (perhaps require a passcode before the spell goes off). - A prayer word entered into the clickable dialog box would provide healing, if enough charges were available - A riddle answered incorrectly would lock a player in place using the movelock spell. (This would be improved if certain actions could also trigger a PM to the scripter's inbox). - Etcetera It turns out that Mur suggested this before. But now with the concept of memory stones in play (especially the notion of the transfer of limited casts) this is something that should be pushed forward. [quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1256728278' post='45941'][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Updated todo list :[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- creature transfers[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- item transfers[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for fight counts against a player[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for letters in a location[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for creatures[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- add name of editor to the item entry[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- hide item entries without activation words of users inactive over x days[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ideas that will remain for later:[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- pseudo SQL to handle data in arrays like they are a database[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- fights triggered by script, trackable by script[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- ability to give heat to the objects[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- alt check[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- item and creature transfer history logs[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ideas for when i will find a good way to prevent abuse:[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- wp awarding by script[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- magic [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]spells[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] triggered by script[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- illusions triggered by script[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- ability to store creatures, items and more on a clickable[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- add functions that allow user vars changes, teleportation, item creation and more drastic actions.[/font][/color][/quote]
-
Yearly Artwork Quest: Cyclicity
Are we still waiting?
-
TK Take Over Attempt
[quote name='Juni0r' timestamp='1330552104' post='105548'] so why not just make a closed topic an "addressed" type letter? and stop creating turmoil over something that isnt that big yet you attempt to make it behind all the secrecy. [/quote] Perhaps that was Seigheart's intention in not disclosing the culprit?
-
Recruitment Flier
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Name: Ivorak[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MP-Class: MP5[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Age: 1329 active days[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Main Principle: Element[/font][/color] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Reason for applying: To reintegrate (since some seem to think I've been inactive, though I've really only been treading different paths) through servitude, as well as ideological similarities. [/font][/color]
- The riddle of a question