Inner Magic experimental interface

Muratus del Mur

For the GOTR badge, I had a few goes:

First I concentrated on the roots and slowly guided the heat to the shape in one movement to achieve this:

image.thumb.png.54edc19034c58fba8aaab91d9c1dfc73.png

Then a few more attempts saw the root shape good but unable to add the trunk or top of the tree:

image.thumb.png.c5ca02e4d09b9ad505d70f9843e5062f.png

Then I tried to start at the top left of the trunk, draw down then the roots and then to the top right of the trunk all in one go:

image.thumb.png.f6734776d4166db9f4a3e952e2eab966.png

This seemed to work better so had quite a few attempts and this part of the badge can be recreated again and again:

image.png.d5e1856406c3bf981edc714543c877b3.png

image.png.df91c9c83b2cf59ccea5b041d4024b66.png

image.png.8cb29d6200cda929531b021c59e1470a.png

I wait til the shape solidifies more then patiently try to draw the top part of the tree, which of course is the most difficult as there are leaves etc:

image.png.d4f695348230c5ce9f4f7da0d12a15a1.png

This attempt turned into an angry face:

image.png.6c0fff4d661950d7c786e6ad83e0bf80.png

The branches appeared on this one but still can't find solution to leaves: image.png.b78b355df28c795d77ab65a321f63273.png

This attempt went wrong and the angry face came back:

image.png.23ee863395a692ea2fa8b3e0f35895cc.png

So here I am at the moment:

image.png.8462f4b81360d63c0ed158278294a2a0.png

Will try and get the top bit better, if anyone can improve on this please post as tbh it's quite a fun challenge.

Edited by Ailith

A first attempt at the GoTR challenge:

image.png.d0da72be36cd36934a2c8eed402b0aff.png

And a second attempt, using a similar technique:

image.png.71aea4fba13627dea5f4929874b16316.png

Given that creating flow will eventually devolve into something somewhat less orderly, I found it was useful to capture these images well before they settled. Additionally, touching up abnormalities will tend to create more heat, which will decrease the contrast. Nonetheless, the touch-up of the second image resulted in this, which perhaps has more semblance of the alliance logo.

image.png.2ebb04af0a6fc8d7967f6f459bbb144a.png

22 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

Please give me some feedback on how you find the current perpetual motion mode vs the previous mode where particles eventually come to a stop. My personal opinion is that this mode allows for more variation and more techniques, especially a better outcome for "waiting" it out. Let me know what you think, so i know if i should change it back or leave it like this.  

I personally prefer the current mode as the attempted shape keeps form better and the faster motion has very interesting side effects (e.g. sudden creation of separate shapes, interesting shapes on outskirts of main shape that fan out or add to existing shape)

• Root Admin

Try starting with the top branches as symetrical and unconnected as possible, down to up movements, this will make them conect later on on themselves, and as fast as you can draw the bottom roots contour. The particles from the brnaches will emerge on the bottom as they exit the top, and will feed the roots contour.

I lack precision to make the bottom roots as nice as you did, but i believe you can do that better. After a while, i also get an angry face , probably the way you look when you see you missed that moment when to make the screenshot.

The creation does not last long at all

Wings

I like the symmetry in this one. It's the best "circular frame" I got so far. To get this one, I pulled a continuous stream from the bottom and another from the top, with a slight difference in length on the latter. The trick is not to pull all the way to make the streams meet. I left some space between them to create the center shape.

image.thumb.png.af130dbc665d3f70d13bbae5b21572f8.png

On 9/11/2023 at 11:55 AM, Muratus del Mur said:

Try starting with the top branches as symetrical and unconnected as possible, down to up movements, this will make them conect later on on themselves, and as fast as you can draw the bottom roots contour. The particles from the brnaches will emerge on the bottom as they exit the top, and will feed the roots contour.

I lack precision to make the bottom roots as nice as you did, but i believe you can do that better. After a while, i also get an angry face , probably the way you look when you see you missed that moment when to make the screenshot.

The creation does not last long at all

Something quite extraordinary has happened, and it's connected to this experiment so I'll say it here.

I have been drawn back to MD for so long even after some awful things happened to me and I had no idea why.

I realised something today and I can't explain too much as it involves personal things, but involves me stopping chasing what I already have.

It's time to let go of MD and I am doing so with immediate effect, with nothing but good feelings and intentions.

I'm off to start taming my inner magic in the real world :) 

Thank you for everything, Mur. All my love to you and goodbye.

• Root Admin

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Wishpoint for discovering interesting ways to manipulate the heatflow, and by that helping me better understand what possible uses this interface could have:

Ailith, Aelis, Aia, Iashtal, Kyphis, Sunfire

And the top score for the positive reactions to your creations posted here on the forum:

Aelis: 17
Ailith: 9
Aia: 9
Iashtal: 8
Kyphis: 7
Sunfire: 2
Ledah: 1
chriselnenepr: 1

The heat spell goes to Aelis!

I was not convinced by your GOTR coat of arms attempts, but some of you got 90% there. I will not give a reward for that yet, because i am sure someone some day, will create it better, and the reward for that would have been a 'joker card' for place in the ally... but next time.

Thank you all for participating, i will start dispatching the rewards in-game, and announce it.