Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MagicDuel Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Images

Ivorak

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivorak

  1. I'll take one of each of: Item 1: Anni creature 2022. Price: 25 plushies (limit: 1 p.p.) Item 5: 1 Wiiya. Price 5 plushies Item 11: Lock in chaos stone. Price 25 plushies
  2. Thanks for clarifying, @Chewett Looking over the formula you provided, it makes sense that I'm not gaining any temp winertia because restored_wi would be 0 in the case I'm presenting since current_wi and wi_max are equal when I first log in. But if this is how we want the formula to be, then we should perhaps rename the bonus so that it indicates that it's only restoring up to max value, and also display the value that is actually being restored (or hide it if it's zero). When it instead indicates a bonus value greater than the the max winertia but the actual change is 0, that seems misleading. P.S. But maybe it should allow at least some increase over max winertia instead. Action points, for instance, do behave this way and that is in line with the idea of a temporary bonus I think.
  3. I'd like one of these creatures (I've already received one but it says as the killer I can receive a second).
  4. Item 4 – 13th Anni creature - 155 plushies
  5. Agree that this is low priority. Capped what exactly? As stated above, I've confirmed that it is possible to have more than max winertia simply by walking around.
  6. Player name: Ivorak Player ID: 39390 Browser: Chrome 103 Operating System: macOS Monterey Importance: Low Description - What happens when the bug occurs: The temp winertia bonus from consecutive active days isn't applied. My winertia after first login on a new day does not increase despite popup saying I received temp increase to winertia (In the +14x,xxx territory recently). Viewing the winertia bar or checking the status of the 'Above Money' achievement says I only have a winertia value of around 128k winertia. This value is my max winertia, but I've seen screenshots elsewhere that the max isn't a hard cap (I imagine the max is just tied to recovery based on the turn timer?) and I can increase my current winertia beyond the max by walking around. How to reproduce the bug: Log in for the first time on a given day in MD and compare the consecutive active day rewards. What you expect to happen: I would expect my winertia to temporarily (at least until the reset timer or other manipulations) be about 268k (128k + 140k). I have confirmed over multiple days that it is not. It appears that bonus is either not getting applied, or a turn reset applies right after the bonus is applied, wiping out the benefit. (I have noticed that the turn/regen timer is often just about 10min when I first log in).
  7. Item 10 – Shade Horseman - 163 plushies
  8. Item 10 – Shade Horseman - 160 plushies
  9. Thanks, @Fyrd Argentus and @Muratus del Mur. Your explanations help clear up some things for me. Appreciate the responses. Oh, and what I said about "being the first to meet the requirements of the quest" doesn't apply in this particular case (I missed the dates on the original post, oops). But in general I think we should be careful about wishpoint quests being a race, particularly the easier ones. For example, it would be disappointing for a player A to miss out on quest reward because a quest was posted in the middle of the night for player A and player B happened to be in a different timezone and was able to complete the quest first by cutting corners.
  10. The wishpoints page isn't very clear and is kinda contradictory, but it does state that "Wishpoints are reviewd from time to time and if you received wishpoints without a good reason they will be canceled. Wishpoints can not be canceled or taken back by the rpc that gave them." Personally not in favor of a quest solution involving minimal effort being rewarded a wishpoint just because it was the first to meet the requirements of the quest. There's room for interpretation here, but as this devalues wishpoints this is not just between MaGoHi and I. Would be useful to have a bit more clarity on what is not a good reason for receiving a wishpoint. Edit: Sorry, Fyrd, didn't mean to derail a thread for a ongoing quest. Probably should have started a new topic here.
  11. Ivorak replied to Seigheart's topic in Bug Report
    If there's a conceptual reason that casting a spell requires heat, I imagine that would also apply even to spells that give you heat, would it not?
  12. What @Fyrd Argentus refers to above as spell docs are actually just "outer magic" spells. Spell docs, or spell pages, are something different, related to "inner magic". Spell docs were originally awarded by the game master @Muratus del Mur and other players of a special class known as RPCs (RPC meaning role-playing character, though only certain players were promoted to this group, and nowadays there are no longer RPCs). You can search the old announcements in game for "spell docs" to read more of the history. Today they are rarely seen, but some players still possess the ability to award them for quests. You can read more about "inner magic" by clicking the "More info" link at the bottom of the "Magic" page (which is below "Fights" in the actions navigation interface). As for viewing your spell pages, the action bar at the bottom of the page has an icon that'll take you there if clicked (hover over the different icons to see tooltips describing what they are). This page also has an "info" link that'll tell you more about inner magic and spell pages. Do note that the work on spell docs is far from complete, and actually casting inner magic spells requires not only the requisite spell docs, but a wishpoint, synthesis of the knowledge from the spell docs, principles, and the intervention/implementation of someone with the ability to actually make it happen such as @Muratus del Mur or @Chewett.
  13. That helps @Fyrd Argentus. For anyone else reading, just want to note that you may have to have the Triggers box expanded to see these.
  14. Having trouble finding this in the new interface.
  15. The tooltip for the Above Money achievement has already been corrected to Winertia, but the error message still says value points. I think this one is actually just a translation issue, but should be renamed from "Altele" anyway.
  16. The Roguelike Celebration is an online conference celebrating roguelikes and similar games, with talks given both my game creators and players. Last year's conference was held in an interactive online space styled after a MUD. It was designed for the conference but open-sourced for similar events: https://github.com/lazerwalker/azure-mud. Sharing here for two reasons: Current MD players might enjoy attending the event (will take place October 16th & 17th). Seems like something that would appeal to a lot of you, and you might come back with some ideas to add to MagicDuel. They currently have a call for proposals open for new talks. If there's an aspect of MagicDuel you find particularly intriguing, you should consider submitting a proposal by June 25. Speakers are paid, and you might even attract a few new players to MagicDuel. You can also talks from last year here: https://roguelike.club/event2020.html If you're thinking about submitting a talk proposal, consider sharing it here for feedback from your fellow MagicDuel adventurers. Also feel free to throw out some ideas for talks you think might fit the CFP but aren't something you personally feel qualified to talk about; maybe someone else will pick up the torch.
  17. Could you explain what you mean by "inline help"? For the bookshelf links, we should probably also link to the wiki.
  18. Didn't see any ideas for no man's land, so maybe something like this: Cotton -> Canvas -> Tent
  19. I'm very inactive (and even less so as an Archivist), but I suppose that still means I'm far more active than my fellow Archivists. That said, I'd like to see the Archivists live on in some form. If anyone would like to join the Archivists or has requests / suggestions for the work I should be doing, always feel free to send me a forum PM.
  20. Ivorak replied to Ungod's topic in Offtopic
    Pffft! 3, or 4, or even 5 seasons isn't nearly enough. You'd probably find ancient Japan's system of 72 microseasons interesting. You can search elsewhere for specific names. I think farmer's almanacs are really cool too, even if they don't explicitly name the subdivision of seasons.
  21. "I dream of a military-industrial complex" In which resources are consumed by the machines1 of war2. Competition driving cooperation and innovation.3 Notes Metaphorical and also physical, e.g. siege weapons. Or other forms of land vs. land competition. Building the largest tower to be the first to reach the heavens, interregnum arms races, exploration expeditions (sailing or mining), alchemical research, hunting the snark, slaying the jabberwocky, building the largest botanical collection, breeding a better elucabration, ritual sacrifice of cake as a summoning ritual, competing to host the biggest tea party, an international legislative body (known as The Absurd Assembly) playing nomic4, etc. A long time ago I wrote a little bit about how competition makes things more fun (in an essay that is equally about rules as a leverage point). Or at least I tried to. You can read that essay here. "Nomic is a game created in 1982 by the otherwordly philosopher Peter Suber in which the rules of the game include mechanisms for the players to change those rules, usually beginning through a system of democratic voting. Nomic is a game in which changing the rules is a move." P.S. Of course, we need a more general economy as well. But I think competition can be a driver for that, as well as something that consumes resources in large amounts.
  22. I'll help with documentation. And I propose we use GitHub (accounts are free for public projects), so that anyone can contribute but with all changes being reviewed first. MkDocs (https://www.mkdocs.org/) with the Material theme (https://squidfunk.github.io/mkdocs-material/) could be used to make everything look nice once all the text is revised. (I believe this is what https://uber.github.io/react-map-gl/#/Documentation/getting-started/get-started is using if you want an example).
  23. Alas, I have a Mac. But I finally found a free program to extract the archives, so all's good. Ungod, I like the banners idea. Would love to see more banners, heraldry, signage, etc., for the various alliances, lands, and other factions in MD. And events too.
  24. Just finished reading this, and wanted to say that I am very happy to hear all this.
  25. Hey @Ungod, any chance you could upload these somewhere? Having trouble finding a free program to unzip .rar files.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.