Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MagicDuel Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Images

Seigheart

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Seigheart

  1. You're adorable. Your intentions are so pure. The sheer dedication you've shown to being virtually passive-aggressive toward me for the entire month I've been back is honestly impressive. At this point, I almost have to admire the consistency, it takes a remarkable amount of effort to dress up that much hostility as concern. Keep it up!
  2. It's funny how this works hand in hand with my suggestion for the Crafter's guild, but you know, too blind to see that.
  3. Did you? Did you really?
  4. I appreciate you taking the time to write this and to speak with other players about it. However, I think there are some important assumptions in your feedback that I want to address, because I don't think you've actually read my posts closely enough to understand what I'm proposing or how I'm using AI. Again it's your famous bias again. First, regarding the AI criticism: I use AI as a tool to help organize my thoughts, fix grammar, structure information, and convey what I'm trying to say. The world is changing, and AI is becoming a normal tool for communication and creative work. Using it doesn't mean the ideas themselves aren't mine. I have a lot of ideas, and I use AI to help me turn those ideas into something readable and organized. That's particularly useful when I'm trying to communicate complicated systems or large amounts of information. The fact that something is well structured or grammatically polished doesn't mean I simply asked an AI to invent a fantasy system and copied the result. That's also why I don't think describing my posts as "GenericFantasyLLM" is particularly fair without actually looking at what I've written and what I've been trying to accomplish. More importantly, I don't agree with the suggestion that I've simply been producing a large volume of ideas without thinking about their place in MD. Some of the things I've posted are deliberately exploratory. I'm putting ideas out there so they can be discussed, challenged, changed, or discarded. That's part of developing a system. I also don't think I need to pretend that I don't have ambitions for the Crafters Guild simply because leadership should be earned. I can have a vision for what I want to build while still understanding that recognition and titles come later. Those aren't contradictory. Where I do agree with you is that actions matter more than a title. If I want people to see me as someone who contributes to crafting, then obviously I need to actually contribute. I'm perfectly comfortable proving that through my actions rather than asking people to simply take my word for it. But I don't think returning to MD means I should sit quietly for months before proposing anything. I've come back because I want to contribute, and part of contributing is bringing ideas to the table. MD itself is changing, just as the wider world is changing, and I don't think every new idea should automatically be rejected because it doesn't exactly resemble how things were done historically. That brings me to the suggestion that my ideas are against MD lore. I think this is where actually reading the posts and discussing the individual proposals becomes important. If something I've proposed doesn't fit MD, I'd much rather have someone tell me specifically what doesn't fit and why than dismiss the entire concept as generic fantasy. I'm very willing to change an idea when there is a concrete reason for doing so. The same applies to the workshop idea. The intention wasn't simply "put every machine in one building because that's how fantasy crafting works." There is a larger concept behind the processing and production system I'm trying to develop. If the better implementation is to distribute those processes around the lands, then that's something that can be discussed. But I don't think the underlying idea should be dismissed without engaging with what I'm actually proposing. I also think the distinction between a Crafters Guild and a broader production/workmen organization is worth discussing. I'm not married to it, but the concept is worth looking at. What matters to me is creating a functioning system where people who gather, process, craft, trade, and specialize have reasons to interact with one another. There is a gap between resources, and the forge. I want to fix that. And yes, resources need uses. That's something I've been considering as part of the system. I'm not interested in creating 30 different ores simply because they sound interesting. The resources need to feed into actual crafting, production, trade, or player activity. As for the leadership comments, I understand your position, but I don't think listing past mistakes is necessarily the only meaningful way to demonstrate change. If I've behaved badly in the past, the best evidence that I've changed is how I behave now. I don't expect anyone to believe that because I wrote "I've changed." I'll demonstrate it through how I interact with people and what I actually do. So I think the biggest difference between us here is that you're looking at my posts and seeing AI-generated generic fantasy content, while I'm looking at them as my own ideas that I've used AI to organize and communicate. If you think specific parts don't fit MagicDuel, I'm absolutely willing to discuss those parts individually. But I don't think it's fair to characterize the entire project as AI slop when the criticism is based on assumptions about how the posts were produced rather than engagement with the actual ideas behind them. I'm not asking anyone to give me a title or declare me the leader of anything tomorrow. I'm putting forward a vision, I'm willing to develop it, and I'm willing to have the community challenge it. If it works, great. If parts don't work, I'll change them. But I'd rather have that discussion based on the actual ideas I've proposed rather than on the assumption that I typed "make me a fantasy guild" into an AI and pasted the result. Try looking at the big picture, instead of picking holes. Yes, AI helped fix the jumbled mess that this was. Deal with it.
  5. This inforgraphic shows what potential devices could be used to further process each resource. The higher your skill, the more successful/faster you would be in processing raw resources.
  6. Due to image file size limitations, I have to spam posts for this. Ive done up a handy infographic as well for what I would like to do for the work process for materials. There are tonnes of other resources, but just kind of expanding on current resources:
  7. I’ve been thinking about what could be done with the Crafters Guild, and I wanted to throw an idea out there for discussion. There are a few obvious locations that would make sense for the Guild. Oak Tower seems like a natural choice, given its lack of any real importance within Loreroot. The capital would also be logical. But I think there’s another possibility that could be much more interesting. The Lost Body of War Hold. There could already be the lost body of the giant statue/head in Loreroot’s forest. What if, instead of building an entirely new structure, another tree fort, we add to the existing scenes. Its been awhile since Loreroot has seen an expansion. The old, war-torn shell of the giant statue could become the foundation of the Guild. Crafters could have gradually built platforms, workbenches, furnaces, storage areas and scaffolding around and inside the remains. Essentially, something that was once a forgotten relic becomes something useful again. I think that would fit Loreroot particularly well. What would the workshop contain?The interior could have several different crafting areas that could help process materials. 🔥 Smelting — kilns, and crucibles/molds to process more advanced ores ⛏️Blacksmithing — Integrity of items can be repaired here 💎 Gem Cutting — cutting wheels, workbenches, tools to process gemstones (2 months to make a diamond is crazy) 🪵 Woodworking — lumber, carving benches, saws to process more advanced wood types (hard lumber, oak, maple etc) 🧪 Alchemy / Materials — processing and identifying more advanced ingredients and crafting components. ⚒️ General Workshop — very basic version of the forge that can produce role play items using only resources as material. These items purpose would be to help guide the Forge a bit more when creating potentially empowered items in the real forge.
  8. We do have quite a few resource processing clickables that need pictures: I will go through and catalog all the ones that do tomorrow.
  9. Are there any bonuses for feeding it extra of something? Did you ever figure out how tokens influence them?
  10. Speaking of being rewarded... I have yet to get mine :P
  11. No wonder why it named Ledah, you threw enough in there you basically got him
  12. Creatures: Any four creatures you want to use Knator - Max Stage Imperial Armour - 1st Stage Mutated Drach - Max Stage Unnumbered Apparition - Max Stage What you feed it: Other creatures, ANY item, heat, or anything else you think could have an effect 1 Kill item - doesnt matter what weapon, it needs to be able to kill people feed it candy, chocolate, cake and heat on repeat. Result: A One handed, one weaponarmed, sugar addicted demon child from hell. Hopefully it can fly lol
  13. Mur asked for the community to come up with ideas for the new Primordial Pet feature, so let's see what everyone can come up with. The main goal here is to experiment and help test the system. We have a new mechanic to play around with, so let's see what it can actually do and what kinds of combinations we can discover. The idea is pretty open. You can use any creature, at any stage, and then decide what you want to feed the Primordial Pet to influence what comes out. For your combination, list: Creatures: Any four creatures you want to use Creature stage: What stage each creature should be What you feed it: Other creatures, ANY item, heat, or anything else you think could have an effect Result: What do you think the Primordial Pet should become? Don't worry too much about balance or whether an idea sounds strange. This is about experimenting. Try combinations that make sense, combinations that don't, and things that you think might produce interesting results. The more people experiment, the more we can learn about how the system works and what is possible. And don't forget to upvote/downvote the combinations you like. Mur might end up picking one of yours to actually use. Let's break the system and see what happens.
  14. It works! Ledah was correct.
  15. I see where you are coming from. Alright, I change my vote.
  16. I think the confusion comes from the question of which came first: the pets or the creatures. Calling them "Primordial" makes it sound like they existed first. Maybe they did, and we simply weren't able to perceive them until now. :P
  17. I too dislike Primordial for this reason. Since they are aspects of our will, I think Aspect is a suiting name.
  18. Ahh! Okay. Will try that, thank you!
  19. I like the term Aspect. Familiar could also work.
  20. It seems the public meeting spell might be bugged. I was testing to see how it worked, so I may not have done it right.
  21. Seigheart replied to jakubhi's topic in New Ideas
    I think there is an interesting way to look at the newer Pets and Forge systems without treating them as completely separate from the older creature lore. Historically, MagicDuel has treated creatures as more than simple animals or monsters. Mur described creatures as manifestations of a player's will: something connected to the player that can be given form and expressed through different creatures. With that in mind, I think the newer systems actually fit surprisingly well. Creatures are manifestations of your will. You aren't necessarily carrying a creature around like an animal in your inventory. You have learned to manifest a particular form of your will. Different creatures can therefore represent different aspects of what you are capable of expressing. Pets take that one step further. A normal creature is something you can manifest and control. A pet can be viewed as a manifestation that has developed a more personal relationship with its owner. It isn't simply "a creature I possess." It becomes something that develops alongside the player. That makes the Pet system less of a departure from the old lore and more of an evolution of it. Then there is the Forge. The Forge already feels different from ordinary crafting because it isn't simply a machine that combines ingredients into predictable results. It considers the character and their history. In that sense, the Forge is taking pieces of the player's experiences, possessions, actions and identity and giving them some kind of physical expression. So you get a pretty interesting progression: Will → Creature → Pet and History / Identity → Forge → Creation The Pet sits somewhere between those two concepts. A creature represents something you can express. A pet represents something you have developed a relationship with. A Forge creation represents something from your character that has been given tangible form. That also gives us an interesting way to think about pet progression. A pet becoming stronger or developing doesn't necessarily have to mean that the animal itself is simply gaining experience like an RPG monster. Lore-wise, it could represent the player's understanding and relationship with that manifestation becoming deeper. The important part is that all three systems can be interpreted through the same underlying MagicDuel principle: The Realm responds to what you are. Creatures are your will given form. Pets are your will given companionship. The Forge is your history and identity given substance. I think that makes the newer Pet system much more interesting from a lore perspective. Rather than replacing the old creature concept, it could be seen as expanding it: creatures are no longer merely something we summon for combat, but entities that can develop a deeper connection with the player and become part of their personal history. That feels much more in line with MagicDuel than simply treating pets as another version of an inventory item.
  22. I did not say that it was a bug. I simply questioned it. Please do not speak on my behalf or attribute statements to me that I did not make.
  23. It also seems that the WP unlock/evo shop for the 5th level research clues is also bugged as it didn't open up any new paths.
  24. I've been thinking about how Hunger and Thirst could be added to MagicDuel without turning it into an annoying survival mechanic. The main idea would be that the hungrier you are, the less utility you get from your stats. Your stats don't actually decrease, but your ability to use them does. For example: Well Fed: 100-110% stat utility Normal: 100% Hungry: 85% Very Hungry: 70% Starving: 50% Exhausted: 25% So if you have 100 Strength while starving, you still have 100 Strength, but you're only effectively utilizing around 50 of it. Thirst could work similarly, but affect things like regeneration, AP costs, and activity efficiency. Community GardenThe Community Garden could fit into this really naturally since it's already a player-run area where resources can be harvested. Players could harvest things like fruits, vegetables, herbs, grains, berries, etc. and turn them into food or drinks. That gives the garden another purpose beyond simply being a resource location: Plant → Harvest → Cook/Prepare → Eat → Maintain your effectiveness It could also encourage players to actually manage the garden rather than strip it completely, since food becomes something everyone has a reason to need. Food could eventually have different qualities and effects too, with better meals providing temporary bonuses. I'd also like the possibility of feasts, where players contribute food and everyone participating gets a temporary benefit. The important part is that Hunger shouldn't just be "eat or get punished." It should create another layer of resource management, crafting, economy, and player interaction. Basically: your stats represent your potential, while Hunger determines how much of that potential you can actually use.
  25. It almost seems as though CARD was created in response to a particular individual rather than as a genuine effort to address resource depletion. As a result, its rules appear to be enforced selectively and unfairly, making the organization feel less like a solution to resource depletion and more like a means of targeting specific players. Funny how that happens.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.