What would you do?

Chewett

• Root Admin

One post per person, One main idea per post.

You say what one big change you would do. If people like the idea you or they go and make a new topic on that idea and it gets discussed. Any flaming on this topic or derivatives such as described above will be removed.

Why? Because we are the community and we can do whatever we want.

-----------------

Get more council members/make them more active and get more coders/make them more active.

Reason:

Currently any changes that need to be done need to be coded, Clearly citizenship took a long time to program, and this was a major block on all other developments. If we had more people doing this thing then logically it would be faster, things would be fixed faster ect ect.

Council seems to slowish to do things, and community is always demanding stuff. Solution? more councillors and/or better ones. I think its time for a council reshuffle. Assuming that council works like a council (who would think that???) then logically they have a "head" or something. Why dont we appoint BFH as that head (being an active authoriative person) who would then be able to talk to people better. They wouldnt be entirely to blame since since they would mete out things however it would still be council based. Ofc if they were to blame they could still publically go "oh well i said no but the hidden council members all said yes so..." which would alleviate some pain. The whole point of me thinking its still good to keep some members hidden was Murs reasons, which i guess very few actually know because no one actually reads wtf he says and just goes "oh he is mur, he is magical, oh wow..."

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Remove killing items.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Why? Because killing is the easiest thing, reviving is not. It takes one person and 5 seconds to kill someone, it requires much more poeple and much more time to revive them. And people do not kill for good reasons (roleplay references), only because they do not like someone or because they are irritated for said person.[/font]

[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1354798146' post='127661']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Remove killing items.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Why? Because killing is the easiest thing, reviving is not. It takes one person and 5 seconds to kill someone, it requires much more poeple and much more time to revive them. And people do not kill for good reasons (roleplay references), only because they do not like someone or because they are irritated for said person.[/font]
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#008000]Instead, [b]add more reviving items.[/b][/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#008000]Keep them the same amount of killing items, and make it as easy. It would make roleplay SO much more fun. [/color][/font]

The universe tends to entropy. It's ever so easy to break a piece of glass, but it takes Heat and time to melt the broken glass and make new glass. Sound familiar? I do agree that there should be changes to the current situation though. (Aand for those who read this later, Zyrxae just reminded me of [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10019-how-can-actual-spells-have-limited-cast-its-outrageous/"]this[/url]. That totally ruins my nice metaphor. :P *goes off to think of it again*)

My suggestion is to have some way to be 'reborn'. As in, you start MD over again, choose new principles, but you keep certain things from your past.

Edited by Change

What we want is .. War ...
Peace is so boring ...i mean the word peace not madam peace hehe.
there should be bloodshed ... everyone cursing everyone ...
Broken arms and limbs shall make the day.

Killing no cos it is such a lame ...
i know it was created so people don't go afk soon after they login and to create some kind of a activity but srry to say it is a epic fail just like the other feature something called " Needles ".

I remember MD back in 2009 not as a game, but a thriving community, always seeking for new challenges. I remember the RPC's, the Dojo, MR's Training Grounds, the Statue, the Puzzles, and its incomparable uniqueness, the arts, the strategies, the unusual fighting system, and above all, the MYSTERY. MD has a built-in filtering system for the players, separating the different kinds of players, and they get the exact rewards that they deserved, today, it seems like that filter is gone, everybody can grab the freebies, the game lost its magic.

Since I took this game from a brand new perspective, the things that really captured me is the inner magic spells, the principles and the adventure logs, what happened? I thought by the time I came back the docs can be usable if not complete, and the adventure logs should somewhat be progressing, and all these major changes that have happened, some are good, some are just plain dumb. If I were to make a change, my two major things that I will do:

-The continuation of the AL; atleast 1 log a month can suffice
-And the research and implementation for Inned Magic Docs/Spells. Today, this has become a piece of paper that does nothing.

Additional ones would be:

-Killing item effects should have an expiration date, not really removing the item itself, and it should have a set of rules to follow.
-MP3's should be able to participate the HC again, because personally I think it's really dumb to exclude them, we're a community after all.
-Complete removal of Tokens, or change it to something new that won't affect our ability to strategize.
-Set a limitation for the stats like Burn says and reset it, just compensate them with crits or whatever they like.
-For the love of Mur please choose a proper leader for an Alliance. Trolls are born to troll, not lead.
-100% of what Liberty says

STAT LIMITATIONS:
personally I don't like the idea to limit the stats because more player include me have and are losing more time to train his stats an I don't want lose them.... one time that all players will have same stats and same creats what will happen??? leave people train his stats... it's part of the game like chat or make researches and other things...

maybe the limitations of stats tokens VE could be done during contests so they will be more baanced, but as I told leave them increse without limit... people spent also more credits for increase them so don't stop them...

DEAD:
the killing item and revived item and all the system should be changed and leave also the interested player work for his revival...

VISCOSITY:
As I told more times I like the idea of it because it give the sense of the distance of the places but with the current players, many many scenes etc the nubers should be adequate...

RESEARCHES:
I like this aspectof the game and when it will be complete I think will be a very good part of the game

WISHPOINT:
there should be more automatic place like broken pattern puzzle where get puzzle and use also quest already done from players and adequate them for an automatic thing.

SPELLS:
there should be the possibility to get spells also without wishpoints since there are fewwishpoints around lately... for me the spells are an importat aspect of the game... new players like the spells idea but after few time they will see that it's too diffilt get them... maybe let player choose a spell one time every year like a gift for Christmas...

SPELL DOCUMENT:
was a really good idea and I hope it will get implement again... maybe connecting to spells argument when you finish a document you will get the spell... and maybe connecting to wishpoint argument these spell document can be win if you solve an automatic puzzle in MD... more automatic puzzle=more document=more spell=more players=low viscosity because puzzle will be in different and far locations etc....

I will continue to add ideas here if I get other ideas...

MRAlyon

Edited by MRAlyon

To expand on Tipu's post a bit, I would quite enjoy an actual incentive for war, along with a structure rather than the long forum wars or the just plain fighting things that are a bit silly if you ask me. I think something like a scoreboard or points system would be neat, where if a land or alliance attains a certain score/the highest score, they get a communal reward, something easy to share and just valuable enough that it's worth fighting for, but not so valuable that it wrecks everything. I would like to see spell docs, but perhaps there is not enough to make this a repeatable "contest". Maybe a changing reward every time would be better. The war would not have to be all fighting either: for those less inclined towards that, there could be a debate part where each side argues their position, but thinking about it, that could get a bit silly.

I've also always thought a land control system would be very fun, where rather than fighting for points or something, you fight over certain scenes by completing certain goals. It could be a limited time contest where whichever land holds the most scenes for the longest wins (would probably require a limited number of people allowed per land, so there is no issues with one land having twice as many as all the others, as well as the option to not participate), or something that's just on all the time, and whichever land controls the territory gets a bonus by walking on it or something.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#008000]Wars/Tournaments.[/color][/font]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Everything would be based on a new thing called "Land Influence" or LI. [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Keep wars (tournaments) of 6 lands (namely Marinds Bell, Loreroot, Golemus Golemicarum, Necrovion, MDA, and East) every 3 months a year, kinda like the heads contest but on a massive scale. A land would get LI for winning these wars. 3 of the strongest fighters from a land would participate. Winning a battle against an opponent would not only increase LI of the respective land but also increase land loyalty (i.e. landscore which reduced AP cost when travelling through a land) by 25 or something like that (can be decided on later). [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]LI would determine the strength of a land. At the end of the tournament, a win/loss ratio would be used for this. Total LI throughout the realm would be 100%. The land that wins the tournament would have the highest share of that, lets assume it turns out to be 40%. This would mean that the rest of the lands together would have 60% LI, but obviously less each individually. (for example: Necrovion has 40% in this case. Loreroot would have, say 13%, GG would have 9%, MDA might have 13%, East might have 17% and MB might have 8%. All make up 100% together)[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The land with the highest LI in the realm would gain a certain stat bonus for all its members. Second would get half of that, and so forth.[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I dunno, just something to encourage activity, teamwork and most of all, competition. Also, I've heard some people say that these days the purpose of lands and alliances has completely degraded and they are nothing more than methods to make walking through the land easier. I want to change that, and I believe this will do that trick.[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]What will this do?[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1) It will create that "spirit" of teamwork. You'll see people of the same land in groups, learning and training hard together to win the next tournament.[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]2) Competition between lands. The "bragging rights" if you know what I mean ;)[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]3) Something to attract new players.[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]4) Competition not only on the global level, but within lands too (to become one of the 3 fighters chosen)[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]5).......[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I'll even state the flaws of this myself if people want to discuss them:[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1) If a land is too strong, such that there is no competition against it, what then?[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]2) Would this actually increase a person's loyalty towards his/her land, or decrease it by causing them to switch sides? [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]3) Such a large update of introducing LI and also organizing such tournaments will take along time to code and be implemented. Why do this when there are still bugs and other problems? (My answer to this would be that it will attract lots of players and increase activity. And I believe that more players and more fun is more important than some bugs which can be tolerated meanwhile.) [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]EDIT: [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I thought about the battle system... as far as I think, there would be 3 fighters from each land and 6 lands in total. 2 lands would face each other at a time (obviously) and that would be one round, which means that 3 rounds would take place simultaneously. It would be best if one of the 3 fighters from each land are MP4. Lands have a choice to send whichever player they like (out of the 3 chosen at the start) to fight their opponents. A win would score a point, but no negative points for losing. One by one, all lands would face each other (this will take 4 days if there are 3 rounds per day simultaneously like explained above). To give fighters time to regenerate vitality/talk, the fights in a round can be kept at different times of the day. After the 4 days of contesting, LI will be changed respectively according to who won the wars. This would also mean that it wouldn't matter how badly you got beaten. In a war, the side which wins 2/3 fights would be the winner. If two or more lands win equal number of wars, then yes, the "how badly you lost" part can come into play. [/font][/color]

Edited by DARK DEMON

I would like Land wars/tournaments to occur regularly between the the 4 central lands (LR, MB, Necro, GG).
I would also like lands to be less accessible as I remember that when I came to MD it was a big thing for me to be able to see all of the lands as GG, Necrovion were inaccessible to most. As the game developed (Little development on my part) it became easier and easier to access new lands. I would like this mystery to return. There are only a few scenes that I have never seen now and it seems a shame to me.
I would like the introduction to MD to be rewritten.
I would like a greater meaning to principles.
I think the cost of travel should link two locations not be solely related to the scene you are in.
I think briskness should have a greater effect on travel
I would like viscosity to be more sensitive to those who travel it (explained below).

Here is my solution that influences all of the above:
Each land is assigned a combination of principles.
The story allows players to chose principles. At the end of the story a player belongs to a land that most closely matches the players principles.
Viscosity is redefined as relative to principles. (The closer the players combination of principles is to the land the lower the viscosity is for them.)
Neutral Lands (NML, UG, MDA) have 0 principles, so viscosity is relatively low (Solves high visc. in MDA for new players).
LotE and Labyrinth have all principles assigned. (So high viscosity as always).

This should further be determined by how strong a land is, determined by Land Wars/Tournaments. Lands that win give higher viscosity to foreigners.

Suggested Formula for AP Cost:

(Travel Cost) = Round( [ (Cost of Destination) + (Cost of Current Location) ] / 10[ (Briskness) / (Current Heat) ] - (Principle Affinity) )

Cost = (Base Cost) + Strength + [ (Former visocosity) / 4 ]
Where strength is a proportion of a constant value relative to Land achievement in Wars/Tournaments, base cost is the constant cost of using that arrow

(Principle Affinity) = Sum( (Player Principle) / (Land Principle) )

This would be quite a paradigm shift but it's how I always imagined MD to evolve. Complex but logical that has a lot of mystery.

Example:
I want to enter Necrovion, I have 4000 Heat, 200 Briskness, and principles such that my affinity value is 150.
The former viscosity of both sides of the gate are +40
Base cost of outside is 666, inside 1.
Necrovion has won a land war giving it a strength of 73 (modelling it out of 100)

Cost of Travelling = 17 AP

If my principle affinity to Necrovion were -100:

Cost of Travelling = 267 AP

You may have realised that yes it would be easier for new players to travel through MDA, but not get there if they don't have affinity to MB or LR.
The solution to this is to use the GoE or PoH portal to the MDA.

Hmmm... I would finish some of the amazing features MD has/had, but aren't implemented properly yet: clues, spell docs, principles, AL, land loyalty (loyalty, not score), balancing fighting/stats (anyone can beat anyone), add a bunch of cauldron recipes, balance viscosity, new MP6, next chapter for the story, new start, bring back Torch competition (perhaps combined with LL?), significance of dead... and many more lost treasures of MD. Sounds like a lot? Yeah, so many things seemingly forgotten, but I'll into a bit more detail to work out the possibly most important part of it.

Inner Magic:
The idea is fairly simple. First we will need a number of extra clues. By unlocking a number of these clues you will be able to obtain spell docs. This is where things get interesting. Using a cauldron like system, taking principles and/or resources instead of just resources, we will be able to make rituals to actually cast these inner magic spells.

This fairly simple (at least coding wise, as most things already exist, the actual writing of the clues and rituals is a lot more work) change should be able to bring back the spark of magic and bring back life to the clues, spell docs and principles, and expands a little on the cauldron.

Edited by samon

[color=#ffa500]I put it there, but if it would be better in another section like sugestion or other mod plz do so[/color]

I tried to think idea to help MD improve with the help of players

[color=#ff0000]first idea:[/color]

Make avalable for scripting some new tools

Why: this would enable a completely new dimention on what kind of magic or interaction that can be put in MD.

MD programer is busy , and making core maintenance and new core development

Those functions would enable players to put some shining and cosmetic in making new more elaborate and interactive quests

functions

MakeCliky(handle,scenelocation,xScreen,yscreen,spriteGiF,private)

handle: ref to use the cliky
scenelocation: ex. 3_3x-3_1
xScreen,yscreen : the xy position in the scene of the cliky
spriteGiF : custom transparent GIF to make the sprite for the cliky
private= true (cliky enable only for players specify by another scrip function)
private= false (clicy enable for all players

Note: to prevent visual overload and system overload some limitation would be made
as to the maximum cliky a scrip can have per scene, and total. also the size of the spriteGif limited

description: that function would put a transparent GIF (sprite) at the specipy location on the specipy scene.
script would be using that custom cliky as the actual game premade cliky (or if for security needed only a subset of the functionnality)
The private flag would lower risk of visual clutter

MakescriptinventoryItem(playerID,name)
DestroycriptinventoryItem(playerID,name)

description: those function would add to inventory list and remove it
(it would not have any functionnality by itself, but could be verify that a player as it or not by existing scrip function or a new function) NOTE: its not about actual MD items or ressources ... just a name like put in inventory "car" "sword of true" and removing or verifying for only those that where in first place put there by THAT script

[color=#ff0000]secound idea that your enable MD to put new thing (easy) that would improve make beleive play[/color]

Making default for players to have an generic avatar that if one dont unlock the avatar in md would be the one they would have. (so not change for $ for MD)

but it could enable making some new spell, that would be interaction with avatar of players

for exemple some curses

poisonspell: for a time one its use and an overly green is on the player avatar

disfigurespell: for a time the target player as his avatar change for a standard disfigure avatar
(so you see some other and better than my exemples use for it ...)

Edited by Tom Pouce

Um I do not think my idea is very uh... relevant >.> or useful <.<........but but like.... a hot air balloon O.O....So you could travel to other places and get to fly... Um...

From the little platform on top of the paper cabin, you would have a person with a hot air balloon and a small dial thing you could click on that would have either north east south or west on it o.o which would show the wind direction at that moment.
[size=4]You would go up to them and ask for a ride and they'd say "Sure, I'll give you a ride on my balloon, 'ope to see you again soon~" If you had enough AP ( maybe 280?) and if you didn't have enough, he could say like " ooo, I don't think you're ready for this flight... not to mind, try coming back later tonight" maybe[/size][size=4]...>.> [/size]

[size=4]Once on the flight you would have an image of a hot air balloon, a timer that would count how long you'd been on the flight and a button that said "land now" or something....o.o , and it would take you to a random place ( either West - Lore root, South - GG, North - MDA gardens or East - Necrovian ) depending on how long you waited before clicking the land button...so the more you waited the further you would get... maybe o.o.... [/size]

[size=4]Though there could be a chance of being dropped in the [/size]labyrinth[size=4]... that could be annoying.... o.o [/size]
And like... the weather could effect the flight, so if its snowing the balloon ride would be cancelled and if there was strong winds you might not have to wait so long or yeah... >.>... and depending on what land you were part of the balloon ride could cost more or less... and stuff... I'm sorry I don't know... does this even make sense TT_TT?

Yeah.... >.>.... That's what I would change does this count as a change o...o not really it's kinda something new so o..o I'm sorry T_T

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1355424846' post='128140']
I'd like to bring back the GGG.

A Wolf can dream.
[/quote]
GGG was a social movement without any "higher-up's" interfering, there's nothing stopping you bringing it back other than yourself (And those that equally want it to remain gone)

I will create the [color=#000000][b][i]greatest[/i][/b] [/color]and the most [color=#000000][b][i]powerful[/i][/b] [/color]principle of them all.

[color=#000000][b]~ The Principle of Silence ~[/b][/color]

Through it, I will forge a spell of annihilation. A spell which will bring the realm down to its knees. A spell so massive it will twist the tongues of the people who is full of themselves and are annoying. A spell even Mur won't be able to spell.

And that is, the spell that the ancient wizard of Golemus will call: [color=#FFA500][b]The Global Silence[/b][/color]

[i]- "But Mr. Dogood, what does it do?"[/i]
- [i]"How many casts does is take to screw in a light bulb?"[/i]

Do you not possess a brain? It casts the overlord of all spells on a global scale! A tremendous amout of silence to all the people of the realm that deserves to be silenced... FOR A WEEK.

It can be casted 23 times... A DAY.

Recharges... EVERY WEDNESDAY (except holidays)

This will help the realm to reach its full glory, and to take out the annoying scums of the lands to ever speak again...

Your mouths shall be annihilated...

Edited by Silence Dogood