"Creatures require MP level to advance!"

display name

Quoting the in-game [Announcements]:

[2011-03-04 14:15:58 - Stage 10]
Creatures require MP level to advance!
Creatures will require from now on a minimum MindPower level do upgrade depending on their level. Some will be upgrade-able at MP3 but most levels will require a higher MP.

Important: MP6 requirement
Some rare last levels of powerful or rare creatures will require MP6 to be upgraded. Currently this is a problem because of fighting at MP6 and because this MP level is currently aimed for an other purpose. Future updates about this are pending, until then, these few creature levels that require MP6 can be considered non-reachable for now.

As usual, your opinions matter, but only if you speak about them, on the forum.
- end quote

Very pleased to see any further development. More this means that unrealistic requirements for stated MP6 level will be made less unrealistic the better. I would ask that if any current MP6 player has 30 or more actual different souls as adepts step forward with its opinion. All the rest please avoid being player-haters.

Edit: If this is hard to read I apologize, It's 4 in the morning for me.

I have a small worry, but I'm not sure of how big of an actual problem it is.
What about all of the players who already have maxed powerful creatures in MPs that shouldn't have them?
For instance, I see now that I can't max my trees since I'm only MP4, but I know of many MP4s who already do have maxed trees.

I don't know for certain but I'm sure that the upgrade restrictions probably apply to drach and angiens somewhere along their upgrade tree,
and I'm pretty sure that some MP4s have maxed those too.

So now, with the xp changes, MP4s can remain MP4 forever and have creatures that you can't even get in their MP level, making them ridiculously overpowered for the rest of the MP4 world.
That being said, I was already getting beaten into a pulp by the aforementioned MP4s, all this announcement means is that I can't get my creatures to the same level as theirs , so I'll just have to find some clever rits that monopolize on what creatures I already have ^_^

Edited by Brulant

[quote name='Brulant' timestamp='1299243451' post='79954']
That being said, I was already getting beaten into a pulp by the aforementioned MP4s, all this announcement means is that I can't get my creatures to the same level as theirs , so I'll just have to find some clever rits that monopolize on what creatures I already have ^_^
[/quote]
I think you answered yourself. Same goes for the few crazy ones you can find at MP3. If the campers want to keep on staying at low MP levels, so be it. They won't be a trouble anymore when we move to next MP. ;)

Creatures needing an mp level for an upgrade would be good, if it was an old feature. Now you'll have older players in all mp levels that have creatures on levels that are now unattainable for new players. Along with stats and knowledge of older players, and all the nifty things like tokens, this will lead to an even bigger gap between old players and new players.

Solution for this would be to scale down all upgraded creatures to 0 level and let people upgrade them all over again. (Leaving wins and xp how they are)

And mp5 is no longer the fighting level, it seems. Mp6 is? Is this an attempt to shift the overpowered players to mp6 and leave mp5 for newer players and as another growth level, and then reintroduce mp7?

If you are going to make changes like these, finish restructuring everything and then change... Don't do it on the go... Knowing how development has went earlier, I wouldn't be surprised that this issue of unattainable levels is addressed two years from now, if ever.

This change seems random and not thought out well enough. I wouldn't be surprised if it just causes more players to quit because of frustration...

The only thing I don't like is that the MP6 are the only ones that can max every creature.

Why you ask?

Because to be honest I intend to be MP5 forever(not sure though but most likely).

But I do have a suggestion though why not let MP6 have a new creature that can only be used by MP6?

That way I wouldn't have a creature that's "half-baked"(not fully maxed). I'm a perfectionist and I get irritated when I don't max everything.

My lv4 GG drachorn tells me I need to advance a mindpower to max it; otherwise it would have maxed in 10 days. I'm mp5. And the current mp5s get to keep their GGs?

Max trees barred from mp4? wut? I maxed myself a tree very early in mp4, and 2 more soon afterward. In fact, I maxed every publicly available creature in mp4, except for angiens which were 1 level from max.

I like the restriction in principle, but the specific choices are a bit too restricting. This is really limiting the beauty of the combat scene in mp4, and I see no reason for anything to require mp6 to upgrade, except maybe morphs. But I don't know the stats of a morph, so I don't have an opinion on them.

IMHO, the restrictions should be thus:

Barred from mp3: angiens above lv3, drachs above lv3, birds above lv4, dark archers & bloodpacts above lv4, elementals above lv5, grasans above lv2, trees above lv3, water beings above lv5, knators above lv3, LR archers above lv3
Barred from mp4: angiens above lv5, drachs above lv4, bloodpacts above lv4
Barred from mp5: none

Edited by apophys

[quote name='apophys' timestamp='1299245317' post='79960']

Max trees barred from mp4? wut? I maxed myself a tree very early in mp4, and 2 more soon afterward. In fact, I maxed every publicly available creature in mp4, except for angiens which were 1 level from max.

Barred from mp3: angiens above lv3, drachs above lv3, birds above lv4, dark archers & bloodpacts above lv4, elementals above lv5, grasans above lv2, trees above lv3, water beings above lv5,
Barred from mp4: angiens above lv5, drachs above lv4, bloodpacts above lv4
Barred from mp5: none
[/quote]

The horrible thing is that I could've maxed it yesterday, forgot, and then went to bed to wake up this morning with it telling me I need to advance a level >.>

It looks like Mur is pushing people to move up to MP6, but where are all of the adepts supposed to be found? Of course, I can't really vouch for what goes through Mur's head. ^_^
Your scale looks like the new scale but scaled to MP5 instead of MP6. Mur is trying to widen the spectrum I guess, otherwise I would agree with the baseline MP5 scale.

If the mp6 upgrade requirement stays, people will probably gather adepts to rise, max their creatures, and drop down, motioning their adepts to someone else in need.
I don't like the thought; it would make mp6 less symbolic.

And what is your suggestion then?
We've already seen Feb's stupid MP3 maxed angiens.
If you are not in an alliance then other MP levels can't hit you. Which means other players will have the same restrictions as you do. Granted there could be MP3 or MP4 players with creatures at higher levels now, but eventually those players will reach the cap for their MP level and have to move up a level, until they eventually hit MP5.
If you seriously want to do a reset of creatures, then why not just reset everything while you are at it? And by the way, the backlash from people from having their creatures reset back to zero is going to be bad. Its not really a runner in my opinion.

Edited by Firsanthalas

1. I don't think that lowering creature level for all players is an solution....(there are players who worked hard to upgrade an Angien for example )...
2. Making MP 6 level more accesible is an solution...

Edited by dst
Removing spoilers

I am another one of the frustrated ones... Why? And you still ask...
Now it really bothers my why I spend so much time here since I logged in for the first time on my birthday, some 5 months ago, and managed to keep around 90% days of activity.

I am not sure what/who this provocation is aimed at, but I am sure I don't like it.

It sounds nonsense to me, since now there are limitations at MP3 and MP4 for the crits.
Unless someone explains to me how one Joker can be maxed at MP3, then I shall remain a frustrated one.

Change some requierments at the Crit's XP, wins or age, but why change the MP lvl?

Since only the age was stopping me to max what I allready own, it was the only thing that motivated me to try some role play, some socialization here. Now what will motivate me, since the only one adept I have (and he came willingly, no bribes of any kind, only advices when asked), now is unactive for more than 2 weeks and I don't think he will come back.

Why we should become Advertisers by force not by will?!? Cause this is the only way I see it, in order to meet all the requierments for upgrading.

I was skipping those FB(facebook) contests with no reaction (I see no point joining such networks yet, and yes, I more or less dislike them), but now it gets even more ugly to me.

How this sounds:

Some kind of restriction within rituals used in battles. Like if one have a maxed Angien at MP3/4/5, he shouldn't be able to use it agains people, who hasn't one. Instead he should be using the max lvl angien, available for their max lvl - MP3/4/5. This should be announced at the ritual creation stage, or if the ritual is ready there should be something like a Red Dot infront, pointing that this ritual wont be used agianst that player.

I hope the above presentment is clear enough.

I really think a discusion should've been raised before the actual changes took place.

[i](I am and old StarCraft player, and that's the only game I like through the years because of the perfect balance achieved by Blizzard.
I saw some achievements here in that direction and this is one of the main reasons I like MD, but recent changes are confusing me - I don't see how they are going in the right directions towards the Balance, which I so much liked at the start of my adventure.)[/i]

Edited by dst

Although I think the restrictions are a bit to tight they are necessary with the new xp rules. Otherwise you could train a creature untill it has enough xp to max it and give it to an mp3 who only has to get wins. This way you can get a maxed army on mp3 without having to worry about xp cap. For mp4 this is even more true because they can also easily lower their xp by sacrificing. This way there is a reason again to go to the next mp even if you don't have problems with the cap.

I agree, but I still stand behind my suggestion, that players should use matched lvl creatures in battles, cause right now the gap at MP5 becomes even greater.

I am not sure what is the lvl/MP requierment for Angiens, but if it's lvl 6 max achieveable at MP5, then I don't mind being hit with a lvl 6 angien, but being burned with lvl 7 is wrong.

Edited by Fire Starter

where were these privileges when I was mp6... :P

sounds interesting, it makes some power status more difficult to achieve, but like mentioned already, it creates a great gap between players (not everyone can be an mp6 at the same time, unless we make an event "mp6 for a day" and organize ourselves to make everyone, who needs it, mp6 for a day just for the sake of upgrades), and the mp6 should become much more easier to get.

Perhaps dropping the adept requirement from 30 to silly 5? (all the possible alt restrictions on that tho)

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]I find it bit odd that only the non fighting MP lvl is allowed to max the powerful crits...
Gonna wait for next announcements before I comment more.

[size="5"]In the meantime, I wanted to start a group "Wandering Adepts Association".
WAA is gonna have 35 members. Paid with silver to become adepts of someone wanting to max their crits. ;)
Waiting for applicants to start writing a planner and stuff.
The "clients" can contact me as well to get on the waiting list.
The price list is bit obscure atm :P[/color][/font][/size]

"Some rare last levels of powerful or rare creatures will require MP6 to be upgraded. Currently this is a problem because of fighting at MP6 and because this MP level is currently aimed for an other purpose. Future updates about this are pending, until then, these few creature levels that require MP6 can be considered non-reachable for now."

If I understand this right mp6 is going to become a 'normal' mp in the future. In other words all the veteran mp5 are going to become mp6 and I think the mp6 are going to become mp7.

I think it might have been better to make those creature levels really unreachable until mp6 becomes 'normal' though, because now people will go collect adepts only for to upgrade them.

Edited by samon

I'm sorry, but I don't like this change. Not for some massive life threatening reason, but for a simple one. It's unfair. At MP3, I was able to train, from a brand new recruit, one dark archer II, and one dark archer, along with one elemental III. However., after this change. I can't do that again. It would be impossible. Hell. I checked my creatures, I can't upgrade my Grassan II. I've upgraded that all of -once- but I can't upgrade it any further? That seems rather unfair. Especialy seeing as alot of newbies, can, and will start with grassans. And just to clear things up. I am at the Exp cap. I have sacraficed my two aramour assasins, and nothing else. I am talking about these changes from the stance of a normal person, Who did normal things, with creatures that are available to any newbie.

All and all.. I don't like this new change. It makes me fee as if i'm being forced to go up in MP level before i'm ready, I can see the same problem happening over again at the next mp gate, and the change seems to try and discourage me from having only a few creatures, or having favorite creatures.

• Root Admin

I was reading this topic and some of the energic reactions over this change...and i have to say there is a big difference between the vets that learned to trust me and the noobs that run in panic on each thing that shakes them a bit.

you will find out more about this on the announcements, the situation of the existing mp3 high level creatures is still a change to be made later today, like the mp6, etc..
there are still some issues you din.t yet realize, hopefully i will fix those before you go berserk on those too...

afterall i aim to destroy the game , or your fun, or what was that?

obviously not in my best mood today, but you get my point

• Root Admin

mp3 = introductory, teasing stage
mp4 = trasition stage
mp5 = where the madness starts and end
mp6 = maybe to visit one day for a week or so
mp7 = its an illusion!
mp8 =
mp2 = was an illusion ..stage
mp1 = access denied

have fun

• Root Admin

I love this. It fixes most of the system. Hey perhaps you cant upgrade some of the best crits, but you will because some system will evolve which will let anyone upgrade crits just for a day or so.

All powertraining is effectively stopped on MP3/4, It means you will be forced up if you want to continue fighting. And the current issue of "overpowered older players" will peter away as those accounts either leave or move up. The problem is currently an issue where older people have crits you shouldnt have, but that will merely mean the younger mp3's will go across the levels, leaving the old "vet mp3's" to sit there, and do nothing.

Its a great change and means that you will move up and not continually train, If you want to fight, you SHOULD be at mp5. Period.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1299255468' post='79997']
Its a great change and means that you will move up and not continually train, If you want to fight, you SHOULD be at mp5. Period.
[/quote]

IU was waiting until the firestorm died down a bit, but Chewett said pretty much what my thoughts were on the matter when I read this announcement. Yes, there will be overpowered MP3s, possibly, but those who want similar power will advance, as it should be.
Fighting isn't all there is to MagicDuel either. It's important but not the sole reason for playing, is it?? :cool:

• Root Admin

people....no...there won't be any overpowered mp3, stop it.
if you want me to spoil this , fine , here it is.

creatures that require a certain level of upgrade will be usable only on that level, otherwise they will automatically receive freeze during combat. Exception makes mp6 requirement that will still allow mp5 to use creatures that needed mp6 to upgrade. The mp6 stage will be a temporary stage throught the way it will be adjusted, but thats later.

The mp3 creatures change is due to be done [u]today[/u].