Images
-
Petal Elucid I
Petal Elucid I
By Chewett ·
Winner of the auction will have this exclusivity for this creature for at least 60 days
-
tldWPhu.png
-
First Bug Achievement?
-
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_224813.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
NFTs created from the new api, in md, from bestiary creatures. You can find them also on opensea.io where you can view there rarity and such.
Currently there is no way for anyone to create such nfts, but this is just because nobody showed any interest in this feature.
I will cobtinue working on in-game interfwces for this, or i will just use them for personal transfers and rewards..depends only on your feedback
-
Screenshot_20230327_224828.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_224835.jpg
-
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
Screenshot_20230327_221129_AlphaWallet.jpg
By Muratus del Mur ·
magicduel.com is not the official erc-20 (eth, polygon) address for md on the eth blockchain.
Magucduel.eth is also a valid ens domain name bound to the official address.
This is part of a series of experiments i do in the crypto direction
-
Fyrd Stuff.jpg
Everything posted by Ivorak
-
Combiners and the like
I want to hear more about how this tool works (i.e., how it's accessed, reliability, skills required, limitations on use, etcetera). Also, can someone refresh my memory on the difference between fillable clickables / combiners. And are all combiners "forked combiners" or is that a subset? Looks like the latter, because I just found a reference to "progressive combiners"? Also, which of these are shared between players and which are for individuals? Or is this a setting per clickable/combiner? I would also be interested in seeing a third option in the middle: not individual, not global, but team (or alliance, or land, or tag, or...).
-
Increase clarity of land leadership/membership and land policy
@Pipstickz "Why?" Because I envision a MagicDuel with more intrigue and plotting and cooperation (that last one seems a bit odd in the set, but I believe cooperation is most meaningful in the face of difficulty/opposition). I think better defined social structures are important to achieve that, as written rules/treaties/alliances help make clear the constraints of situations and provide leverage for changing that structure. (Jo Freeman's Tyranny of Structurelessness, Donella Meadows Leverage Points, and Patricia Stokes' Creativity From Constraints might provide more insight if anyone would like to discuss further. But I'm not here to assign reading that I haven't done myself. ) I also think, given the relative dearth of active players, it could be useful to less active or newer players to be able to find out who leads a land without querying all the veterans they cannot find. It also serves as a small reminder of the power and responsibility land leaders have. @Fang Archbane From that negative rep, looks like you disagree? I'd like to hear why; perhaps there are repercussions to added clarity I haven't considered.
-
Increase clarity of land leadership/membership and land policy
I propose that we: List current land leaders atop "View Citizens" section of each land's "Citizen Voting Forum". Additionally, or alternatively, logs of citizenship/leadership/alliance membership changes in the Log Review Room. Special papers for land leaders (attached to their person as are Comments on Self / Alliance Leader Statement / and other papers) for land announcements and land laws/policies. Also display the contents of these land leader statements (with date of last edit) in a screen available in each land and/or together on the bulletin board.
- LIKE
-
English
According to OED, "splitted" is an obsolete spelling, but I find that entirely appropriate. It should stay as is.
-
Do you want more email spam?
I think monthly would be ideal. Or if they're entirely automated, maybe allow choosing an interval? I'd like to see (non-system) announcements, quests, and PMs. If greater than n announcements, show only the m most popular ones (by likes)? For PMs, just show a count of unread, or a list of senders (to encourage people to login to read them, and also so that I feel comfortable forwarding such an email). Or maybe these are better off as separate emails. One for announcements of updates/quests monthly or so, and PMs emailed as sent (maybe that's too costly), or daily/weekly digest. If separate, you could also make the latter a paid shop feature, if you wanted. Would prefer announcements were not, since that's a good way to draw people back in after they leave for a while.
-
Add sanctuary to all locations containing Wiiya
How do we Know Awiiya doesn't have Multiple trees, like Pando? I personally think that the Lack of Leaves at Awiiya's Way are a Ruse to prevent Us from Realizing His ambition to Become a World Tree.
- MD anniversary plushie shop
-
So how do we measure time in MD?
I read through this quickly, so I may have missed if anyone suggested this, but as a core value of MD is in the other players, I measure time as interactions between players and other players or players and the environment. If no one is present, time might as well be standing still. There are, of course, things that happen if no one is present, but nothing too important.
-
Untended/Overgrown Resources
I don't think the drop in resources once they become too overgrown makes much sense in many cases (from a "why" standpoint). What if overgrowth increased AP requirements (like viscosity does) instead? Maybe some other effects too (though this is far more complicated) depending on the resource: bones -> plague infection; water -> flooding and crop failure, mitigation through development of waterworks; stone -> avalanche resulting in road blockage; herbs -> all herbs in scene turn to weeds; lumber -> deadfall, small chance of dying when passing through; etcetera).
-
Day of Tranquillity
Lately, I mostly log in and log out unless something particular is happening. I think: no point sitting around if it's going to lead to skill damage. It's silly because it means I miss out on conversations, which are probably of more value than my pitiful stats, but I guess I can't be rational all the time...
-
Tolls
This would be unfair, especially if unannounced. If I pay a silver near the entrance to a land I wouldn't expect to pay it at the next scene as well. Especially if I had to pay to go back as well (which shouldn't be a necessary condition but could be depending on how tolls were implemented). I'd also be peeved if I was found to be in a specific location and then tolls were raised around that location to single out me in such a punitive manner. If this was implemented we'd need some basic rules on it's use (with great power comes great responsibility). And more rules could be implemented socially through treaties, threat of retaliatory action, etc. One guideline I have in mind is that tolls should be about access, not about containment. They shouldn't be used to imprison players (though this might be useful in certain cases, preferably pre-approved) but to regulate access to tools, resources, locations, transport, etc. To expand upon that last parenthetical, maybe players could sign up for a quest in a certain area and not be allowed out into they've solved the quest (murder mystery in one of the mansions in the East maybe?) and receive an item with which to pay the toll. Or a mission for new MP3s that disallows them from certain areas until they've proved their mettle. And yeah, I had forgotton about pass papers, but I think both concepts (and the interplay between them) are interesting.
-
Tolls
I want to see both more cooperation and more conflict between lands. I'd like to propose that lands/kings should be able to implement toll roads (or bridges/gates/doors/ports/etcetera). On attempting a movement to another scene the player would be prompted to pay the toll, if they decline they are denied access and remain in the same scene. Payments should go into land treasuries. This would be a pretty powerful tool, but other lands could respond in kind or even declare war. Hopefully we'd end up with some treaties preventing certain tolls. This concept could be expanded in that "Location X" requires the possession of "Item Y" without actually requiring that item to be given up. Any thoughts?
-
Save your Patient - A Hangman style Tournament
Ivorak, 39390
- Bottled emotions - personal or not ?
-
Requesting someone else gets a wiiya tool
By the way, just noticed this: https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4056 So perhaps not a shared item (I'd prefer that it wasn't), but it sounds like Mur had in mind some other way to obtain this resource at one point?
-
Requesting someone else gets a wiiya tool
Oh, sorry for the confusion, I meant the wiiya itself, not the collector. I was wondering what it was needed for; sounds like it's a necessary component for creating some creature from your post?
-
Requesting someone else gets a wiiya tool
@Fang Archbane, may I ask what you need Wiiya for? Or are you "asking for a friend"? I have some in my possession and can get some more if needed. I'm pretty sure there are others. You might have more luck with your request if you could show you've exhausted other avenues first.
- Which creature do you think is the most beautiful out of all of them ?
-
Social media manager
I do plan to help out with this, but Chewett's request allowed for multiple helpers ("For the person that gathers the most amount pieces of information found here 1 gold coin. Please post all the information and links you can find here in this post.") for this task, so please don't assume that I plan to do it all myself.
-
Cross Mind Power Theory
There's some good discussion in this thread, but I'm not here to comment on that at the moment, just wanted to throw another suggestion into the ring. We have sanctuaries where people can avoid being attacked (under most circumstances), why not the opposite as well: an arena where everyone can be attacked, regardless of mind power. I think one of these locations would be sufficient and two would be plenty. They should ideally be placed at a dead end, so that that new players aren't too prone to wandering through without intention. And perhaps we could have the main lands vie for the honor of hosting this arena. I think a multi-stage combat tournament would be fitting.
-
Combat abilities
Can't comment on the abilities themselves, but goad might be a possible alternative name for afflict, if I'm understanding correctly.
-
Questmaker's Etiquette Guide
I'm about to start gathering documentation stuff for the the topic below and it reminded me of this post. Wondering if you, @Aeoshattr, would mind if I suggested adopting this guide as official documentation? Would make it easier for players to find it when it becomes relevant to them, and would also allow the community to maintain it if you should ever disappear.
-
Chat refinements
With the addition of the new "fightchat" (Ann. 4353) and some discussion about it's usefulness I've been thinking about the live chat a bit. I have a couple suggestions. We have a toggle for OOC chat that automatically surrounds messages with parentheses to denote out of character messages. Perhaps we could also have a toggle to hide those messages then? Perhaps a similar ability to toggle out "fightchats"? Or these could be possibly be combined into a single toggle that also hides item collection messages and other automated system messages. Might be useful to have an indicator of some sort when there are a lot of these messages so people don't forget and keep it turned off all the time. Lengthening the chat display window by a just few lines could have an outsized impact on the ability to keep up in fast moving chats without disrupting the page layout much.
-
Investigate help documents and look into possible better ways of organising help
Having help documents in one place sounds like a great idea. As you mentioned before, it's important that they are searchable and cross-referenced. Each individual help document should have its own URL for easy sharing. It would also be helpful if documents could be tagged by category. It would be nice if each document had a feedback section. Basically, "Is this page helpful?" and a comment box. I wouldn't display comments on the page though, just store them somewhere that could be referenced when routinely updating help documents. Not sure about this part, but maybe the documents could be a directory of Markdown files stored on GitHub? That would be an easy way to compare, discuss, and approve changes, without spending time building a custom editing interface. You'd just need a way to fetch the latest version on a regular basis and render as HTML.